JuliusPleaser is offline Senior Member

Fasting BG is higher now???

Ok, so ever since I started slin, I noticed my fasting levels have INCREASED! This morning I was 115! Normal ranges for people who don't have diabetes is 80-100... before I started, I was floating around 98...

What does this mean that is has gone higher? I also ate less carbs the night before I went to sleep. There was one morning my BG was 124 but that was after I binged on carbs so I figured it was normal.

Someone who has diabetes has a 'normal' rage of 80-130, but I don't have diabetes, so i'm now concerned...or is this expected on slin?

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    Ok, so ever since I started slin, I noticed my fasting levels have INCREASED! This morning I was 115! Normal ranges for people who don't have diabetes is 80-100... before I started, I was floating around 98...

What does this mean that is has gone higher? I also ate less carbs the night before I went to sleep. There was one morning my BG was 124 but that was after I binged on carbs so I figured it was normal.

Someone who has diabetes has a 'normal' rage of 80-130, but I don't have diabetes, so i'm now concerned...or is this expected on slin?
    Hmmm.... Gh will know. This is interesting to me. I'd like to know the answer as well

I have to assume when you do a binge, (my wife and I and son all had 3 bday parties last weekend lol) like eating cake and sugars, that they will linger. We all took our BG levels the next morning and all of us were high. my 3 year old was 125 and my wife was 147 fasted....they aren't diabetics either.

But last night I didn't do a carb binge.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    this is 100% normal and expected and exactly why your tracking your fasted blood sugar.

in another thread, don't remember if it was you or someone else, I was asked the question "how long can you cycle insulin '' , my answer was that you track your fasted blood sugar levels and use insulin until they become out of range and then you come off.
    so if you start at say 80. and your running insulin for 6 weeks and end up at say 105. then you know its time for a break.

the reason your fasted blood sugar will become elevated over time using insulin is because you develop a slight bit of insulin insensitivity.
    totally normal.. imagine your 25iu of insulin per day your taking, is equal to a normal person eating 10 bagels per day every day. yes of course your going to develop some resistance doing that.
    you take a short break or even a mini cut, reset, and come right back.

NOW having said that. keep in mind lots of other things may be effecting your fasted blood sugar 'big time' and not the insulin yet.
    if your taking HGH or especially GH Peptide or secretagogues like MK677, that is going to jack up your blood sugars a huge amount , I'm talking an easy 30 points.
    so if your messing with any of these things right now your fasted blood sugar is going to be way up there like your a diabetic.
    in order to know your 'true' blood sugar you'll need to come off those things for a few days and recheck.

Also, one other major factor is if your having high cortisol levels due to stress or poor sleep. cortisol is the hormone that promotes gluconeogenisis. while your sleeping and if cortisol is high then and in the morning, then your liver is producing a crap ton of glucose and that will be seen in your fasted blood sugar.
    note- taking insulin first thing in the morning is a way of lowering Cortisol.

if your interested in keeping more stable blood sugar levels , then supplementing with Metformin at around 500mg per day is a great option .
    I personally use it, and recommend it to anyone running HGH for extended periods of time.

Ok I figured it was insensitivity.

I just started HGH yesterday... Its been about 4 weeks of slin actually, so I'll run another 2 (6 total) then take a break, while continuing the GH (5ius on work-out days only).

How long would a break be ok for...2-4 weeks?

I temporarily stopped the t4 and albeturol because of that weekend so I'll jump back on Monday.

4 weeks is usually completely sufficient. things speed up and insulin sensitivity increases a bit faster if you implement a lower carb diet during that time

Indeed. Ill go carnivore for a few weeks then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    Indeed. Ill go carnivore for a few weeks then lol.
    that'll work.. when your past the 'baby making protocol' at some point, you can go carnivore and then add some winstrol into the mix as well. The winny will drastically suppress Cortisol and ultimately Gluconeogenis as well, so your not wasting a lot of that protein by converting it into carbs in the liver.
    you'll reset insulin sensitivity pretty darn fast

I'm concerned that going in a deficit would reduce fertility but I'm probably being paranoid: I'll have clen , albuterol (won't take these simultaneously obviously), t4 gh and Mk677 at my dispoal to prevent muscle losee.

I'm gonna cut my cals to 2500 starting tomorrow. I won't do any cardio and just like the diet burn the fat over time... I don't want to stree my body out too much because that could mess with fertility I think.
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 11-09-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Thread Information