• 1 Post By tarmyg
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By tarmyg
  • 1 Post By SOL!D5NAK3
  • 1 Post By Charlie67

Thread: Metformin use

Bobik is offline New Member

Metformin use

Adding Metformin Preventively Is A Good Idea? 500mg after dinner every day for better insulin sensitivity ... Some experience or recommendation? Thank you

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I take 500mg right before I go to bed.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    METFORMIN is something my body wont tolerate. It causes explosive diarrhea and major stomach disturbances. Tried it various times, at various dosages with the same outcome.

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobik View Post
    Adding Metformin Preventively Is A Good Idea? 500mg after dinner every day for better insulin sensitivity ... Some experience or recommendation? Thank you
    I'm curious, why? What's your average blood sugar?

I've never used it, just curious.

Best,
    C-
    GearHeaded likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post

Best,
    C-
    Insulin insensitivity is a leading factor in a host of diseases as well as accelerating the aging process. being more insulin sensitive is simply more healthy and going to help you age better. Metformin is a simple and effective way of doing this. pretty much the entire population could benefit from using it (other then the few people who get digestive issues).. anyone who is using HGH should definitely be using it, as they are at a higher risk of blood sugar issues

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    Insulin insensitivity is a leading factor in a host of diseases as well as accelerating the aging process. being more insulin sensitive is simply more healthy and going to help you age better. Metformin is a simple and effective way of doing this. pretty much the entire population could benefit from using it (other then the few people who get digestive issues).. anyone who is using HGH should definitely be using it, as they are at a higher risk of blood sugar issues
    Thanks GH, I sincerely appreciate your thoughts.

Interesting read for those interested:

http://bariatrictimes.com/insulin-re...n-body-weight/

Insulin Resistance and the use of Metformin: Effects on Body Weight : Bariatric Times

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I've used Metformin for about 2+ years now. I remember a member asking about it and I got curious from a longevity angle. After some research I landed on 850mg, 2-times/day. This dosage is based on a clinical trial they are currently running where that dosage is used. Can't say I noticed much physically but blood values are better.
    Quester likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    I've used Metformin for about 2+ years now. I remember a member asking about it and I got curious from a longevity angle. After some research I landed on 850mg, 2-times/day. This dosage is based on a clinical trial they are currently running where that dosage is used. Can't say I noticed much physically but blood values are better.
    Are you talking about values from a glucose meter? Do you happen to remember what your values were before? Versus what they are now?

My morning fasted is always about 110. If i go super low carb, like 100g day it'll drop to about a 95-100. I'm trying to figure out a methodical approach to getting in the of this, that's why I'm so curious.

Anyone ever use berberine?

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Are you talking about values from a glucose meter? Do you happen to remember what your values were before? Versus what they are now?

My morning fasted is always about 110. If i go super low carb, like 100g day it'll drop to about a 95-100. I'm trying to figure out a methodical approach to getting in the of this, that's why I'm so curious.

Anyone ever use berberine?
    Fasted 110 is not that good...

You may want to try metformin
    Quester likes this.

Bobik is offline New Member

Best,
    C-
    my blood sugar is fine, but only as a prevention... I was thinking for 4 weeks on insulin and 4 weeks without insulin with metformin. HGH every day 4 iu all the time.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    Tarmyg,
    Please post the study. I am also interested for the reasons you mentioned but, like you, would like to know more before considering it.
    Thanks

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Tarmyg,
    Please post the study. I am also interested for the reasons you mentioned but, like you, would like to know more before considering it.
    Thanks
    Hi Quester,

This is from a clinical trial and I have not dug into it more ever since I found the TAME Study so you might even be able to find results at this point. Not spent much time on it. Here is a presentation (I hope it is the right one) from one of the Doctors involved where you see the setup of the study: https://www.peppercenter.org/docs/AM...K_TAMEtalk.pdf

Thanks
    Ops, signed with real name. Lol.
    Last edited by tarmyg; 02-19-2019 at 10:52 PM.
    Quester likes this.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Fasted 110 is not that good...

You may want to try metformin
    There is a range for pre diabetes that runs 110-125 mg/dl

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    i have used metformin both on cycles and off. it lowers the blood sugar and thing is you can have a good fat burning effect because of it.
    but they use it for pcos and it showed that metformin can actually lower the IGF1 levels. so for muscle building effects its not that good.
    Quester likes this.

Great Metformin write up, recently updated:

https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/art...-of-metformin/

I started taking Berberine, curious if it works. It's no Metformin, but we'll see.
    Quester likes this.

Thread Information