• 1 Post By Quester
  • 2 Post By fiddlesticks
  • 1 Post By fiddlesticks
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: Insulin effects on adrenergic system

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Insulin effects on adrenergic system

This is a topic I am extremely interested in because there are conflicting experiences from medical literature and real life experience having drastically different outcomes a lot of the time, it would appear insulin potentiates and also dampens certain adrenergic functions. Personally I notice a potentiation of dopaminergic and beta adrenergic activity when using decent insulin doses. When I inject albuterol with insulin for example the effects are much more potent than albuterol alone. If the idea that insulin increases beta adrenergic activity is accurate it just shows how useful it could be for cutting fat.
    Obs likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Could you please post links to the medical literature? It is an interesting concept.
    Obs likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Could you please post links to the medical literature? It is an interesting concept.
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?h...3DwlH0B40Oy-cJ

If we are to believe this study, the results of gh and insulin seriously are the fountain of youth. Unbelievable really. This study also doesn't mention t4>t3 conversion, vasorelaxation effects and general healing ability of the two hormones either. Insulin is far more than just the most potent anabolic , perhaps its the most potent neurogenic as well.

I always have thought lower insulin activity was one of the main hallmarks of aging and this pretty much shows it clear as day.
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 01-14-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    Obs and Quester like this.

Blog Entries
    I can say with 100 percent certainty I always feel like shit after discontinuing insulin , mentally I just have no energy at all.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I get sleepy as hell and lethargic during uptake but feel powerful and great afterward
    fiddlesticks likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?h...3DwlH0B40Oy-cJ

If we are to believe this study, the results of gh and insulin seriously are the fountain of youth. Unbelievable really. This study also doesn't mention t4>t3 conversion, vasorelaxation effects and general healing ability of the two hormones either. Insulin is far more than just the most potent anabolic , perhaps its the most potent neurogenic as well.

I always have thought lower insulin activity was one of the main hallmarks of aging and this pretty much shows it clear as day.
    This is a link to google scholar, which of the list is pertinent?

Blog Entries
    Oh for me it 'links to

Adrenergic, dopaminergic and serotonergic gene expression in low dose, long time insulin and somatotropin treatment to ageing rats: rejuvenation of brain function

Proximal is offline Banned
    Nice article. Always a bit sceptical though when looking at the age of articles and a lack of newer research that follows up and confirms the findings. But still, nice read.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Nice article. Always a bit sceptical though when looking at the age of articles and a lack of newer research that follows up and confirms the findings. But still, nice read.
    I am surprised more people don't discuss how you usually will feel going off insulin after cycling it.. It makes me feel worse than having low test. Completely debilitating. When you think about it going from insulin levels 50x+ higher than normal to normal is far more dramatic than test levels 2-6 times higher.

Proximal is offline Banned
    There is something that you might be overlooking. The possibility that the receptors for insulin on the body cells in seeing this excess insulin, start to shut down and refuse more & more of it, as in diabetes type 2. But again, nice article.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    There is something that you might be overlooking. The possibility that the receptors for insulin on the body cells in seeing this excess insulin, start to shut down and refuse more & more of it, as in diabetes type 2. But again, nice article.
    What I'm trying to say is the body will not make even remotely close (ive read studies of BW adjusted doses raising insulin levels around 80x) levels of insulin ever. Even if the receptors upregulate, sensitivity increases etc it's still a massive deficit of insulin action. I'm honestly surprised the whole coming off insulin thing isn't talked about more, it's very brutal for your muscle gains and your energy levels. If insulin has ANY minor effect on neurochemical stuff it will be totally messed up post-use.

Thread Information