Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree24Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashop
  • 1 Post By JKW
  • 2 Post By Capebuffalo
  • 1 Post By Octaneforce
  • 3 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By Octaneforce
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Mooseman33
  • 2 Post By Octaneforce
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Octaneforce
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By Octaneforce
  • 1 Post By JKW
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Insulin beginners protocol?

  1. #1
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    1

    Insulin beginners protocol?

    So theres lots of threads and layouts for beginner use of test and hgh, but what about insulin ? I have a few basic questions.

    What type do i need? I see some n100 stuff and some 70/30 stuff. Looks to me like the main differences is how long it lasts. I could get my hands on 70/30 at the moment. But insulin should be easy to get since its legal right?

    How much do i use and when? Id like to use it preworkout which seems to be an option but doses are all over the place

    What do i need to consume during my workout? Carbs? Dextrose? (Whatever that is)

    Can insulin be used off cycle?

    Sorry for all the questions but maybe we could put together a how-to and make it a sticky on here!

  2. #2
    Mooseman33's Avatar
    Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,783
    in same boat, would love a "insulin for dummies" starter thread.

  3. #3
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,471

  4. #4
    JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    153
    I have read just about every article I could find on this subject. I researched for about a month before I made my decision to incorporate slin. This is a decision that should not be taken lightly as you better know what you are doing before you try it.
    Here is hands down the best thread on this subject. GH knows what he’s talking about along with all the other guys he converses with. Please read the post all the way through.
    https://forums.steroid.com/igf-1-lr3...er-thread.html
    Octaneforce likes this.

  5. #5
    Capebuffalo's Avatar
    Capebuffalo is online now - MONITOR -
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Defiling Myself
    Posts
    21,846

  6. #6
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks boys. I will continue to read through what you’ve provided starting my next cycle in the next week or two.
    Obs likes this.

  7. #7
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Thanks boys. I will continue to read through what you’ve provided starting my next cycle in the next week or two.

    Be great to see some before and after pics Octane! You have a great build and it would interest many of us how you respond to it.
    Capebuffalo, Obs and Octaneforce like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  8. #8
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Be great to see some before and after pics Octane! You have a great build and it would interest many of us how you respond to it.
    Thanks kelkel! Ill take some pics tomorrow and throughout this cycle. It will be during my current npp/test/mast/sdrol/hgh cycle lol. So it will be hard to tell whats working. I just pinned some nandrole/test suspension yesterday and today. I ordered a blood sugar tester and all i need now is some novalin r. I gotta check my local walmart but if not i do see some online sources.

  9. #9
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    1
    Just got back from the gym after my first use of insulin . I pinned 5iu 30 minutes prior to lifting. On my way to the gym, and during my workout, i sipped on a carbohydrate drink consisting of 60g of carbs. I know this was too much and it showed on my blood sugar, but i was nervous to go hypo.

    30min preworkout immediately before slin shot, my blood sugar was 90 (my blood sugar always seems to hover around here). Right after lifting, in my car in the gym parkinglot, it was 120. So i either used too many carbs, or not enough slin?

    I dont know if it was placebo, but i felt like i got the sickest pump of my life for about the first 15-20 minutes of my workout. After that it fell off really quick. Like out of nowhere i just felt kind of flat and normal. Im definitely still learning and i know everyones different but im all ears if anyone can help me reflect.
    GearHeaded likes this.

  10. #10
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,967
    you need to pin more slin after your workout.. the goal is to shuttle all that glucose thats floating around your blood stream into the muscles.
    you don't want to go hypo during your workout , so using a moderate dose pre workout is a good idea, but then pin again after your workout to 'finish' the job (pin again and eat your post workout meal).

    I'll pin 20 or so iu post workout. but I never pin more then 10-15 pre workout. its the post workout that really finishes the job and loads all those nutrients and speeds up recovery/anabolism
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 03-04-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    Octaneforce and Family_guy like this.

  11. #11
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    you need to pin more slin after your workout.. the goal is to shuttle all that glucose thats floating around your blood stream into the muscles.
    you don't want to go hypo during your workout , so using a moderate dose pre workout is a good idea, but then pin again after your workout to 'finish' the job (pin again and eat your post workout meal).

    I'll pin 20 or so iu post workout. but I never pin more then 10-15 pre workout. its the post workout that really finishes the job and loads all those nutrients and speeds up recovery/anabolism
    Hmm okay. Are you checking your blood sugar before and after all the pins? Also, im using novalin r which i read lasts up to 8 hours. Is this what you are using? Or are you using a rapid insulin hence the pins before the workout and for the post workout meal?

  12. #12
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Hmm okay. Are you checking your blood sugar before and after all the pins? Also, im using novalin r which i read lasts up to 8 hours. Is this what you are using? Or are you using a rapid insulin hence the pins before the workout and for the post workout meal?
    been tracking my blood sugar for years , I have a blood sugar meter at home and one in my office at my gym (been experimenting with slin for years as well).. I generally know exactly what my blood sugar runs with every iu of slin I use. this took time to develop. and I still have to keep on top of things if I drastically change my diet or go into a cutting phase, as your insulin sensitivity will change. also depends on other drugs that your using that effect your glucose metabolism (hgh, mk677, peptides, aas)
    there are times I can pin 10iu of slin and have No carbs at all. at other times I've went hypo with 10iu of slin and 40g of carbs. . so things can change.

    yes I primarily use Novalin R . thats fast enough acting to work the way I want it to, but lasts long enough to have added benefits (synergy benefits with other drugs). I've ran it up to 4 times per day, 40-50iu per day.. yes it does have a secondary peak that kicks in at about the 2 hour mark. so you need to make sure to get your meals in.. but thats not going to be an issue with just 5iu. when you get to those upper ranges is when you got to watch out for it.
    it may show on paper to be active for 5 hours .. but really its only active at high enough levels to dispose of glucose significantly for about 2-3 hours.
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 03-04-2019 at 09:44 PM.
    Family_guy likes this.

  13. #13
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,967
    with Novalin R .. IF I pin say 10iu of it and I consume carbs and 1.5 hours later my blood sugar is in the 80s then I know I pinned just the right amount with just the right amount of carbs . IF my blood sugar runs in the 100s then I didn't pin enough slin . the goal is to clear your blood sugars (without going hypo).

    however, its best to spill over with carbs like your doing now just to be safe . and then slowly either raise your slin dosage, or lower your carb consumption until you can dial your blood sugar levels in.
    Octaneforce likes this.

  14. #14
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    with Novalin R .. IF I pin say 10iu of it and I consume carbs and 1.5 hours later my blood sugar is in the 80s then I know I pinned just the right amount with just the right amount of carbs . IF my blood sugar runs in the 100s then I didn't pin enough slin . the goal is to clear your blood sugars (without going hypo).

    however, its best to spill over with carbs like your doing now just to be safe . and then slowly either raise your slin dosage, or lower your carb consumption until you can dial your blood sugar levels in.
    This is what i was thinking! I couldnt quite articulate it.

  15. #15
    Mooseman33's Avatar
    Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,783
    so tuned in, keep the updates coming please.
    Octaneforce likes this.

  16. #16
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    so tuned in, keep the updates coming please.
    3 days of slin use and i already have people asking how i look pumped up in the middlemof the day when i havent lifted yet. It also seems
    To make my meals more satisfying. Like i can inhale carbs and i dont feel like its all just sitting in my gut.
    Ive stepped up the slin dose to 7.5iu preworkout and consuming a 75g carb drink during my workout. Blood sugar shows that my carbs are still a little high but id rather be on the safe side. Workouts are awesome. Fullness affect from slin seems to be immediate. I havent been using any slin post workout because i lift pretty late and im scared to go hypo in my sleep. Preworkout seems to be working for me so far.

    Obs brought up a great point, getting absurdly pumped and full is a great way to stretch the muscle and fascia and break through platues and touch up on some flatter spots the athlete may have.

    Why arent all diabetics jacked if insulin has this anabolic affect?
    Family_guy and GearHeaded like this.

  17. #17
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Why arent all diabetics jacked if insulin has this anabolic affect?
    because as type 2 diabetecs they are insulin resistant (so they can't utilize insulin the way a healthy person can).. and as type 1 diabetics they simply don't produce insulin.

    as a healthy person you get to produce your own insulin (up to say 80iu per day), inject insulin on top of that, and you have healthy cells that are able to take in and make use of all that insulin (or more specifically the nutrients the insulin is driving into the cells).

    diabtecs don't get jacked (for the most part) because they are unhealthy and dysfunctional at the cellular level
    Octaneforce likes this.

  18. #18
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    because as type 2 diabetecs they are insulin resistant (so they can't utilize insulin the way a healthy person can).. and as type 1 diabetics they simply don't produce insulin.

    as a healthy person you get to produce your own insulin (up to say 80iu per day), inject insulin on top of that, and you have healthy cells that are able to take in and make use of all that insulin (or more specifically the nutrients the insulin is driving into the cells).

    diabtecs don't get jacked (for the most part) because they are unhealthy and dysfunctional at the cellular level
    Ahh. I never even knew the difference between type 1 and 2. So obviously insulin is not like test. Our body doesnt stop natural insulin production when a synthetic is introduced. Is this correct to say?

    Thanks again for the info. Im excited again like i was when i first started cycling.
    Family_guy likes this.

  19. #19
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Ahh. I never even knew the difference between type 1 and 2. So obviously insulin is not like test. Our body doesnt stop natural insulin production when a synthetic is introduced. Is this correct to say?

    Thanks again for the info. Im excited again like i was when i first started cycling.
    no insulin is not like test in regards to natty shut down. you'll continue to produce as much natty insulin as you need, in fact even when you take exogenous slin with your carbs you could end up going hypo because your still cranking out natty insulin with it.

    however, IF your taking a substatial amount of insulin your body will not need to produce as much total natural insulin to regulate blood sugar. this is actually a good thing and helps take some burden off the pancreas so the insulin producing cells can regenerate. this is especially good for guys running lots of HGH over long periods of time. the HGH causes some insulin resistance and then your pancreas keeps having to pump out more and more insulin and this can burden it and potentially cause it to "wear out", but adding in exogenous insulin with the hgh takes the burden off
    Octaneforce and Family_guy like this.

  20. #20
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    1
    Insulin beginners protocol?-18d44cfb-24d9-403e-93be-a4a32c546f38.jpeg
    Insulin beginners protocol?-66994517-cdab-4fc4-8aa4-b93b10a1e043.jpeg

    First day of this cycle (7 weeks ago?) vs today. I start to look really average when im between cycles. Im about 15lbs heavier now than the beginning of the cycle. My ribs are displaced from breaking them so many times, i feel like it really takes away from any amount of aesthetic i have. Im bulking pretty hard and using 10-20iu of insulin daily. The insulin has put on a solid 5lbs id say. Im hovering around 203 which is more than ive ever weighed in my life. (Im short, 5.5) I think i can shed some fat during my next blast and be happy.

    I do fuckin love insulin tho. It makes meals more satisfying, i can push myself to the absolute limit at the gym and not be sore. Pumps and fullness are awesome.

    Ive been doing 10iu of slin and 4iu of growth before breakfast, and then 13iu preworkout along with a 75mg carb drink during my workout (i lift at night). This puts my blood sugar back into the high 90’s which is a safe range i feel.

    Attached thumbail is the end of my last cycle which was probably the best i ever looked
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Insulin beginners protocol?-f62a1a96-1576-4eca-9cb8-3186b020d193.jpg  
    Last edited by Octaneforce; 04-03-2019 at 09:13 PM.
    GearHeaded and Family_guy like this.

  21. #21
    JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    153
    Looking good bro. I agree about slin. I did it and gained 20 pounds. I’m cutting right now but I will probably go back on in June. Going to try some humalog this time with novalin R. Nead to talk with GH about how to incorporate both. Keep it up man!!

  22. #22
    Octaneforce's Avatar
    Octaneforce is online now Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New yawkkk
    Posts
    966
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JKW View Post
    Looking good bro. I agree about slin. I did it and gained 20 pounds. I’m cutting right now but I will probably go back on in June. Going to try some humalog this time with novalin R. Nead to talk with GH about how to incorporate both. Keep it up man!!
    Slin is the bees knees. Whats special about humalog? Im assuming its a different time release?

  23. #23
    JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    153
    Yes sir it is the fast acting last around 3 hours total I believe. Want to use Nov R pre gym then humalog post workout if GH says that is a good way to go. I don’t want my post workout to be One that lasts six hours or so I want to be gone from my system in a couple 2 to 3.
    GearHeaded likes this.

  24. #24
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4,967
    when trying to grow and put on muscle.. I like Novalin R first thing in the morning upon waking with a small meal as a cortisol blocker and to get the day started off 'anabolic ' (for me personally, thats 10iu of slin, 10-20mg dbol , 40g whey isolate, 40g carbs.. when I first wake up).

    then Novalin R again pre-workout. in the past my workouts have generally been pretty long, 1.5+ hours. Novalin R works best for that situation while sipping on intra workout nutrition. 10iu

    Humalog post workout right when taking in your post workout meal. 10-15iu.. you're Novalin R will be having its secondary peak right at this time as well . this is when you pound down 100+ grams of carbs

    you can also implement a very long acting basal Lantus insulin . this is best when using HGH as well . but you can stack the Lantus with the Humalog or Novalin R .. Lantus would be 10-15iu upon waking and same dose before bed. it will last 24 hours. then when your loading up with carbs post workout or intra workout your using humalog or R.
    this should only be done when your bulking and putting down a good 7 meals per day
    Proximal likes this.

  25. #25
    JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    153
    Thanks GH that sounds perfect!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •