• 1 Post By PT
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Insulin side effect?

JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member

Insulin side effect?

So I have looked on the internet for insulin sides. Other than going hypo there is nothing I can find. Here is my issue. Been using novalin R for about a year. Did pre work out 10iu for about 10 months off and on. Just recently I bumped up to 5 IU upon waking 10iu pre work out and 5 IU post workout. I’m also on 200 mg cyp/week, hcg twice a week and 1.5iu omnitrope everyday. About a month after bumping up the slin I noticed slight twinge in upper left quadrant of abdominal cavity just under my ribs and some left rear low back and flank pain. As soon as I stop for a couple days the pain has subsided.
    The pain in is not bad more like an ache but definitely noticeable. Why would the insulin increase cause this? Is it so anabolic it causes kidney or liver irritation? Also everything else I am on I’ve had no issues. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!!

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    do you consume more Carbs when using insulin then when not using insulin ?

my guess its more likely an increase in food/carbs causing the stomach issue then the actual insulin itself . also are you adding in intra workout nutrition when using insulin ?

JKW
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    do you consume more Carbs when using insulin then when not using insulin ?

my guess its more likely an increase in food/carbs causing the stomach issue then the actual insulin itself . also are you adding in intra workout nutrition when using insulin ?
    Yes sir I’m doing a lot of carbs and I’m using the carbolyze and nutrablast together for my intra workout drink. I should also add that around the 12 of July I was in a defensive tactics instructor class for 40 hours that week. I was so dehydrated the first 3 days my urine was dark brown and I thought my kidneys were going to fail. Could that have anything to do with my flank pain?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe you have inflammation of the pancreas? It may be the time to give Insulin a break for awhile.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    I agree..
    almostgone likes this.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by JKW View Post
    Yes sir I’m doing a lot of carbs and I’m using the carbolyze and nutrablast together for my intra workout drink. I should also add that around the 12 of July I was in a defensive tactics instructor class for 40 hours that week. I was so dehydrated the first 3 days my urine was dark brown and I thought my kidneys were going to fail. Could that have anything to do with my flank pain?
    Yes it could but most likely culprit is nerve entrapment, poor electrolytes, or back issues (nerve contact with disc).

What do muscles do under a forced insulin carb load? They swell.

Nerves run all through these.

Are you getting plenty of electrolytes with your diet? How is potassium? Dehydrated and low potassium can also shut your heart off with slin.

You need to be in a healthy state to use insulin or there is no point. Hydration and electrolytes are vital with insulin.
    Last edited by Obs; 09-12-2019 at 10:58 PM.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Your pancreas is probably inflamed bro. Same thing happened to me, and I wound up in the hospital with morphine flowing through me because the pain was so bad.

I can tell you that I was on hgh and insulin when this happened. However, my theory is that it could have happened to me because I wasn't avoiding carbs, and wasn't injecting Humalog insulin, during HGH's half life of 3.5-4 hours where it's very difficult for your pancreas to produce insulin. I was always told "avoid carbs for 45 minutes after an hgh injection". I'm not sure why they said 45 mins when hgh half life is much longer.

One reason you may be suffering from what I predict to be an inflamed pancreas, because your symptoms are exactly what mine were, is because your body is never getting a chance to produce its own insulin when you're cycling with the Novolin R. If you're injecting upon waking, and then injecting twice again that day with an insulin that has a half life of about 8 hours, every time you're cycling with Novolin R, your pancreas is never producing insulin. Then when you go off the insulin and eat a high carb meal, your pancreas (which is no longer accustomed to producing insulin) is all of a sudden like "wtf?!" and having to work really hard to produce some insulin, and becoming inflamed in the process.

This is why I prefer Humalog (5 hour half life at most) only injected before and after workouts. My biggest meal of the day for breakfast has loads of carbs, protein, and fats. 1 hour later I inject hgh, 15-30 minutes later I inject Humalog, 15 mins after injection I start consuming a dextrose EAA creatine drink. After workout, I do another Humalog shot 15 mins before my pwo shake of dextrose and whey isolate, and then an hour after that is consumed I do a chicken and rice meal. So, by the time I'm consuming meals 4 and 5, the hgh half life has passed along with the Humalog, and my pancreas will have produced its own insulin for 3 of my 5 meals that day.

I hope this helps and made sense lol. My pains were slightly annoying at first, and then eventually I thought my appendix had burst and I was hurled over at the hospital in terrible pain.
    Last edited by kaptainkeezy04; 09-13-2019 at 02:02 AM.

giving the beta cells of the pancreas a break from having to produce its own insulin by taking exogenous insulin instead generally helps regenerate and heal those cells (it takes the workload off the pancreas) .

this is the exact opposite thinking that the insulin itself is causing pancreatic inflammation . again its usually just the opposite. exogenous insulin allows your pancreas to rest, recover, and regenerate, because its not having to pump out insulin all day (also the reason why if you do have pancreatitis and go to the ER , they will have you not eat for a good 3+ days.. to allow the pancreas to rest).

diabetes is a very common "disease" . from type 1 diabetic 8 year old girls to type 2 diabetic 80 year old men,, a lot of diabetics are pumping a ton of IU's of insulin in them every single day (up to 80+ iu). and they do this every single day for years on end.. and they are NOT getting pancreas inflammation .
    if inulin use caused pancreatitis , then this for sure would be a common occurrence for diabetics .
    I think just the opposite.. exogenous insulin use helps the pancreas rest and restore itself. a high carb bodybuilding diet without exogenous insulin can cause a burden on the pancreases (especially with HGH in the mix),, but adding in exogenous insulin helps with that burden.
    so I'm not buying the idea that insulin causes pancreatic inflammation (again look at diabetics who are on insulin for years)..

I personally think OP is just having some digestive issues with fats and carbs or a minor change in his diet the he hasn't pin pointed.. if his issues are more pronounced when he uses insulin, its simply because whatever digestive issues he is having is more pronounced when using insulin because his food and cals that are causing the problem increase when he uses the slin.
    Obs likes this.

^ having said all that .. I don't think insulin production by the pancreas is even that much of a burden and would lead to pain and inflammation of the pancreas in the first place. very very little insulin is needed to get the job done (5iu of insulin is like a couple of drops). the main strain/burden of the pancreas is digestion and digestive enzymes it has to produce.

ask anyone who has chronic pancreatitis. its generally dietary fats (fats are hard to digest) that cause them problems , not carbs or insulin production.

theres probably very little that could be felt, let alone actual pain and inflammation, from the pancreas producing insulin. and again, exogenous insulin takes the burden off the pancreas (it doesn't increase that burden)
    Obs likes this.

I will say that HGH use can put a burden on the pancreas (opposite that of exogenous insulin ).. but not to the level that most people think. its often thought that when your blood sugar levels are running high when taking HGH, its that its because you've become a bit insulin resistant and your pancreas is going to have to crank out more and more insulin.
    but this is not necessarily the case. you may not be insulin resistant at all. HGH just happens to be glycolytic and frees up glucose in the blood steam to be utilized as fuel for 'growth factors'.. HGH repairs and builds cells. that requires energy. glucose is an energy source. your blood sugar is high when taking HGH not because your insulin resistant, but simply because glucose is more readily available to fuel the energy demands HGH needs (very similar to how HGH is also lipolytic and frees up fat stores)
    Obs and gjoney_b like this.

JKW
    Thanks all for the advice. I am off slin for now. The pain is almost gone but I am surprised it has lasted this long. It’s just in the back now not under the ribs. It sucks being off cuz I’ve made some really good gains over this one year. But I’m going to stay off and get blood work done. I know I’ve brutalized my organs from drinking and AAs in my 20’s. I had a cat scan done about a year ago and doc said I had some fatty liver. I asked if I should stop HRT he said no. My dosage was not enough to worsen it. I was hoping the HGH and it’s healing properties would regenerate some of my liver. I guess at 58 years old you pay for poor decisions when younger.

Thread Information