GetMyLifeBack is offline New Member

Question Low IGF-1 Levels

New here, brother directed me to this forum in hopes of some help.

Back in 2017 I broke my clavicle snowboarding for the second time, the time before was a year prior.

First time it healed fine, I mean as good as breaking a bone and letting it heal on it’s own can.

Following year did the same thing, doctor noticed after many many months (6 months) it wasn’t really healing like it did prior, I was 18 at the time. (I’m 22 now) year went by still wasn’t healed. So she sent me to get some blood work done. (8 hour long blood test 12 hours of fasting before no food or water during as well)

Came back my IGF-1 levels were 167 ng/ml. From my understanding normal ranges are 281-510
    Vitamin D deficient, was put on a ton of IUs of vitamin D. And honestly at this point in time I don’t remember what the hell the doctors plan was to do with my IGF1... I ended up I guess stopping my progression because I got the bill for the blood test ($5,000) I was actually sent to the wrong facility.

Long story short, my IGF lvls are low, I’m always fucking tired and take a nap most days. And when I say tired I’m exhausted. I power through it but it’s getting annoying, I want my life back I want to be normal. What is the corrective action for all this? I now have good insurance and don’t have to worry about a bill so much anymore.

Thank you for any help, time and information provided.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Normal ranges are considered 88-246 ng/Ml I believe, so you fall into normal range.

What do your other hormone levels look like?

Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    Normal ranges are considered 88-246 ng/Ml I believe, so you fall into normal range.

After looking online I guess the ‘normal’ range levels of that igf-1 test they gave me were incorrect.

The rest of the tests that day I don’t think pertain to this, but once I get home and can get on a computer I will add in all the tests done and levels of said tests.

Thanks!

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    I'm going to be a totally blunt asshole..

who cares! don't use cop outs and excuses for your lazy tired ass. man the fuck up and get some shit done and stop looking for excuses for your lazy lethargic ass.

"ohh geesh my poor little IGF levels are not as high as they should be".... shut the fuck up pussy.

just get to work and do your job and stop being a little whiny baby little bitch !!!!

anyhow, told you I was gonna be blunt

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I'm going to be a totally blunt asshole..

who cares! don't use cop outs and excuses for your lazy tired ass. man the fuck up and get some shit done and stop looking for excuses for your lazy lethargic ass.

"ohh geesh my poor little IGF levels are not as high as they should be".... shut the fuck up pussy.

just get to work and do your job and stop being a little whiny baby little bitch !!!!

anyhow, told you I was gonna be blunt
    Thank you for your pep talk

Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post

The other things I was tested for were,

Phosphorus Plasma
    Magnesium Plasma
    PTH Serum
    TSH Thyroid Stim Hormone
    Free T4 Serum
    Glucose
    Bun
    Creatinine
    Sodium, potassium, chloride, total co2, Total protein, albumin and calcium plasma
    Bilirubin Total
    alk phos
    Ast(sgot)
    ALT(sgpt)

I'm unaware if any of these directly correlate with what is going on. If they do ill post up my levels from the test. Thanks again for your time and help, I appreciate it greatly.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by GetMyLifeBack View Post
    The other things I was tested for were,

Phosphorus Plasma
    Magnesium Plasma
    PTH Serum
    TSH Thyroid Stim Hormone
    Free T4 Serum
    Glucose
    Bun
    Creatinine
    Sodium, potassium, chloride, total co2, Total protein, albumin and calcium plasma
    Bilirubin Total
    alk phos
    Ast(sgot)
    ALT(sgpt)

I'm unaware if any of these directly correlate with what is going on. If they do ill post up my levels from the test. Thanks again for your time and help, I appreciate it greatly.
    How did your thyroid tests come back?

Quote Originally Posted by i_slam_cougars View Post
    how did your thyroid tests come back?

0.61 miu/l

Thread Information