• 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 1 Post By charger69

Thread: Anabolic / Healthy Blood Sugar levels. Insulin Amount Ratio to Blood Sugar.

Too-$mall is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Anabolic / Healthy Blood Sugar levels. Insulin Amount Ratio to Blood Sugar.

I'd like to get the general gist (understand the concept) of insulin before i buy the OTC brand from my local pharmacy. I have a blood sugar (BS) monitor i use before i inject peptides and it's helped me to understand blood sugar and what's "normal" for me. i think i'm starting to rap my head around the general gist. I've not yet started looking into the facts.

Here are some things
    -I've noticed that working out drops BS
    -Do steroids increase BS through second, or third order effects?
    -I've noticed that my BS rarely goes above say between 110 and 115, but I've just been paying way more attention while on a diet. on increased calories my BS climbs to 130 and can glide for 3 HRs or more
    -I know that insulin lowers blood sugar, and i believe the anabolism benefit comes from the fact that insulin can lower BS very quickly hence it's danger.
    -I have no idea how dosing works, but it seems to me that dose is dependent on your BS at the time.
    -Are there general rules of thumb for insulin use e.g. (if my BS is in X range, it's safe to take X amount of insulin.
    -Should BS be measured before each insulin shot? i want to say hell yes it should.
    -And last, what is the BS to insulin ratio?

And my main question
    Should it only be used in conjunction with a cycle of test, or test and a 19 nor? Or can it be used regularly, and what's the benefit difference between those 2 different scenarios?

sorry about the typos.

Blog Entries
    real quick. i just read the article on steroid .com about insulin , so i can talk about that now. Edit: i see that my perception of things was a little skewed.

BREAK******************* edit

If simple carbs are simple, does that mean they are also fast acting, or is fast acting literally candy? And what are examples of simple carbs?

does pureeing oatmeal increase it's glycemic idex? i guess this can be tested by me.

so if i were to do my own experimenting prior to insulin use, i should expect a "simple" carb to increase my blood sugar in what amount of time given a range?

BREAK*********************edit
    that article appears to be a real go to. i'm assuming some sort of metabolism up regulator is needed, so i don't get fat AF. T3?
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 06-27-2020 at 10:16 PM.

Why are you looking into taking insulin ?

IMO: The average gym bro has no need to fuck around with insulin.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Blog Entries
    i'm curious

Quote Originally Posted by Too-$mall View Post
    I'd like to get the general gist (understand the concept) of insulin before i buy the OTC brand from my local pharmacy. I have a blood sugar (BS) monitor i use before i inject peptides and it's helped me to understand blood sugar and what's "normal" for me. i think i'm starting to rap my head around the general gist. I've not yet started looking into the facts.

Here are some things
    -I've noticed that working out drops BS because your body is burning sugar as fuel
    -Do steroids increase BS through second, or third order effects? I don't know but by increasing metabolism they may lower BS. whether they affect insulin production would be important.
    -I've noticed that my BS rarely goes above say between 110 and 115, but I've just been paying way more attention while on a diet. on increased calories my BS climbs to 130 and can glide for 3 HRs or more
    -I know that insulin lowers blood sugar that is insulin primary job, and i believe the anabolism benefit comes from the fact that insulin can lower BS very quickly hence it's danger. it's anabolism comes from the fact that it helps drive nutrients into cells, but fat and muscle cells
    -I have no idea how dosing works, but it seems to me that dose is dependent on your BS at the time. yes , it also depends on how much food you plan on eating
    -Are there general rules of thumb for insulin use e.g. (if my BS is in X range, it's safe to take X amount of insulin. My rules: Don't touch insulin until you are very advanced. Don't touch insulin until you fully understand the risks. I am more cautious than some
    -Should BS be measured before each insulin shot? i want to say hell yes it should. I would say yes. BS + food you will consume affects how much insulin you will need
    -And last, what is the BS to insulin ratio? I don't know but I imagine it is plastered all over diabetes websites.

And my main question
    Should it only be used in conjunction with a cycle of test, or test and a 19 nor? Or can it be used regularly, and what's the benefit difference between those 2 different scenarios? Using it with AAS supposedly has enhancing effects. I am not convinced that that is this case.

sorry about the typos. there is an edit button.
    See above in red.

I seriously hope you don't try insulin until you understand much more than you do now.
    Too-$mall likes this.

real quick. i just read the article on steroid .com about insulin , so i can talk about that now. Edit: i see that my perception of things was a little skewed.

BREAK******************* edit

If simple carbs are simple, does that mean they are also fast acting, or is fast acting literally candy? And what are examples of simple carbs? A high glycemic index means a food is fast acting. Usually simple a simple sugar has a higher glycemic index than a complex sugar. Not always the case. Google glycemic index.

does pureeing oatmeal increase it's glycemic idex? i guess this can be tested by me. anything that makes a food easier to digest would raise its glycemic index. Think: cooking, pureeing, chewing, etc..

so if i were to do my own experimenting prior to insulin use, i should expect a "simple" carb to increase my blood sugar in what amount of time given a range? Usually, blood sugar starts to rise 10-15 minutes after a meal and reaches its peak after an hour. However, these are just approximate guidelines as PPG (postprandial glucose) depends on several factors, such as the type of food consumed. https://www.mysugr.com/en/blog/postp...-after-eating/

BREAK*********************edit
    that article appears to be a real go to. i'm assuming some sort of metabolism up regulator is needed, so i don't get fat AF. T3? Above my pay grade.

see above in red

I seriously hope you learn to do research yourself before going any further.

Just because someone on this board says insulin is safe doesn't make it the truth.

I think you would find that even most of the advanced users on this board don't touch insulin.
    Too-$mall likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions

Here are some things
    -I've noticed that working out drops BS
    -Do steroids increase BS through second, or third order effects?
    -I know that insulin lowers blood sugar, and i believe the anabolism benefit comes from the fact that insulin can lower BS very quickly hence it's danger.
    -I have no idea how dosing works, but it seems to me that dose is dependent on your BS at the time.
    -Are there general rules of thumb for insulin use e.g. (if my BS is in X range, it's safe to take X amount of insulin.
    -Should BS be measured before each insulin shot? i want to say hell yes it should.
    -And last, what is the BS to insulin ratio?

And my main question
    Should it only be used in conjunction with a cycle of test, or test and a 19 nor? Or can it be used regularly, and what's the benefit difference between those 2 different scenarios?

sorry about the typos.
    It’s really not about administering it based on your current blood sugar levels. It’s more eating a certain amount of carbs based on the amount you’re taking. For most people this falls in the 7-10 grams of carbs per IU. For instance, I use Novolin R. So 20 minutes after I take 10ius I eat 70-90 grams of fast digesting carbs, and usually 30-50 grams of protein. The most beneficial time to do this would be your post workout meal so that it shuttles all those nutrients directly into your muscle tissue.

Keep in mind I use MK677, and growth hormone so my glucose levels are always a bit elevated, so your carb requirements may be higher than mine. That’s why you have your tester however. Keep orange juice on hand. That’s a quick way to bring your glucose levels back up if you start to go hypo.

Hopefully Gearheaded, Charger, and The Road will chime in on this as well. When used properly I can honestly say insulin is more effective than any three other things combined. You just have to be careful and intelligent about it. You CANNOT fuck your dose up. It’s not like juice where you can be like “Well fuck, I’m feeling froggy today. I’m going to shoot the vial”. You will die. If your crash your blood sugar you will die. If you get distracted while you’re loading the syringe and shoot 100ius instead of 10 you will die.

I’d say a good place to start is to inject 5ius post workout and eat 50 grams of carbs 20’minutes later. Like a white bagel. Monitor your blood sugar levels, and adjust accordingly.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    It’s really not about administering it based on your current blood sugar levels. It’s more eating a certain amount of carbs based on the amount you’re taking. For most people this falls in the 7-10 grams of carbs per IU. For instance, I use Novolin R. So 20 minutes after I take 10ius I eat 70-90 grams of fast digesting carbs, and usually 30-50 grams of protein. The most beneficial time to do this would be your post workout meal so that it shuttles all those nutrients directly into your muscle tissue.

Keep in mind I use MK677, and growth hormone so my glucose levels are always a bit elevated, so your carb requirements may be higher than mine. That’s why you have your tester however. Keep orange juice on hand. That’s a quick way to bring your glucose levels back up if you start to go hypo.

Hopefully Gearheaded, Charger, and The Road will chime in on this as well. When used properly I can honestly say insulin is more effective than any three other things combined. You just have to be careful and intelligent about it. You CANNOT fuck your dose up. It’s not like juice where you can be like “Well fuck, I’m feeling froggy today. I’m going to shoot the vial”. You will die. If your crash your blood sugar you will die. If you get distracted while you’re loading the syringe and shoot 100ius instead of 10 you will die.

I’d say a good place to start is to inject 5ius post workout and eat 50 grams of carbs 20’minutes later. Like a white bagel. Monitor your blood sugar levels, and adjust accordingly.
    I slam summed it up. You need to respect it..... I can guarentee you, at some point you will go hypo. Always be prepared. I carry glucose tabs in my gym bag and at work and anywhere else you may be. The Novalin R has two peaks. I have run pre and post workout. Sometimes the second peak and first peak overlap, but I am prepared.
    Do NOT take it at night- you do not want to fall asleep.
    Set yourself up by monitoring your glucose levels. Once you get a feel for your levels, you should be good. Your diet can effect your levels also: pre comp I tried using 2iu’s for fat burning purposes prior to cardio. I kept going hypo on 2 iu’s because of my depleted state. I just stopped it because it was effecting my cardio session.
    Here I was taking 30-40 a day during bulking and 2 was causing me to go hypo during cutting.
    Do not try it without monitoring your blood levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I slam summed it up. You need to respect it..... I can guarentee you, at some point you will go hypo. Always be prepared. I carry glucose tabs in my gym bag and at work and anywhere else you may be. The Novalin R has two peaks. I have run pre and post workout. Sometimes the second peak and first peak overlap, but I am prepared.
    Set yourself up by monitoring your glucose levels. Once you get a feel for your levels, you should be good. Your diet can effect your levels also: pre comp I tried using 2iu’s for fat burning purposes prior to cardio. I kept going hypo on 2 iu’s because of my depleted state. I just stopped it because it was effecting my cardio session.
    Here I was taking 30-40 a day during bulking and 2 was causing me to go hypo during cutting.

Been thinking about doing the depleted cardio thing with it since I take GH in the morning now, my blood sugar should be high enough to tolerate it. But I do cardio at my house 50’ from my refrigerator. If I end up going that road I’ll let you know how much I got away with and how it worked.
    Too-$mall likes this.

Blog Entries
    i can only get my hands on the OTC stuff-Humalog-R, but i'm not doing it tomorrow and i have no plans to pick any up. i'm just thinking.

Is that last paragraph legit? i mean is that your rule of thumb of how to start? i read start at 1iu.

"BS + food you will consume affects how much insulin you will need"

that sounds easy to mess up because it means dose is situational each time.

i do feel like I've become more intimately knowledgeable of my own blood sugar. i'm going to get more familiar with it by testing after different types of meals. that sound like a start to the familiarization you and SLAM have?

what about getting fat. nobody said anything about using T3, or T4.

thanks! i'm saving this stuff as notes i'll maybe at some point reference for myself.

would you guys mind posting your post injection BS and your after injection BS once you've consumed your carbs and your BS has been pulled down? i think seeing your BS number and then knowing your weight + the dose you took and your BS after it's all done would be very insightful.

Been thinking about doing the depleted cardio thing with it since I take GH in the morning now, my blood sugar should be high enough to tolerate it. But I do cardio at my house 50’ from my refrigerator. If I end up going that road I’ll let you know how much I got away with and how it worked.
    i would definitely like to see your numbers!
    Last edited by Too-$mall; 06-28-2020 at 05:58 PM.

i can only get my hands on the OTC stuff-Humalog-R, but i'm not doing it tomorrow and i have no plans to pick any up. i'm just thinking.

Is that last paragraph legit? i mean is that your rule of thumb of how to start? i read start at 1iu.

"BS + food you will consume affects how much insulin you will need"

that sounds easy to mess up because it means dose is situational each time.

i do feel like I've become more intimately knowledgeable of my own blood sugar. i'm going to get more familiar with it by testing after different types of meals. that sound like a start to the familiarization you and SLAM have?

what about getting fat. nobody said anything about using T3, or T4.

thanks! i'm saving this stuff as notes i'll maybe at some point reference for myself.

would you guys mind posting your post injection BS and your after injection BS once you've consumed your carbs and your BS has been pulled down? i think seeing your BS number and then knowing your weight + the dose you took and your BS after it's all done would be very insightful.

i would definitely like to see your numbers!
    They sell Novolin R at Walmart for like $24 a vial, but I think Humalog-R is basically the same thing.

Also a few companies make insulin secretagouges if you want to just dip your toes in the waters. They just cause your pancreas to secrete extra insulin. I used one for awhile. It was beneficial, but it wasn’t the real thing.

I don’t think 1iu is going to do anything for you realistically. I started with 5ius pre workout and 10ius post workout and kicked it up to 10ius pre workout and 10ius posts work out about 3 days later. That said, I was taking MK677 the entire time so my blood sugars are naturally a little higher, and I was in a mass gaining phase so carbs were high. It’s much harder to go hypo when you’re bulking than if you’re cutting.

I haven’t taken any thyroid drugs since I started taking insulin and I’m actually losing bodyfat. Largely the reason people get fat using insulin is because they think they’re going hypo when they’re not and panic and eat a whole bunch of sugar and bullshit. I’ve felt thought I was going hypo before but upon checking my Blood sugar it was still like 78. Plenty safe.

Now being on MK677 and GH my fasted glucose level when I wake up in the morning is like 100-105 as opposed to about 80 when I’m not taking anything. Because of this, when I do get around 80 i start to feel like I’m going hypo, but obviously I’m not.

The dose isn’t really situational, because you’re going to eat a certain amount of carbohydrates bring your levels right back up. So if you weren’t going hypo when you took 10ius, you’re not going to go hypo after you take 10ius and eat 100 grams of carbohydrates. Get what I’m saying?
    Too-$mall likes this.

If simple carbs are simple, does that mean they are also fast acting, or is fast acting literally candy? And what are examples of simple carbs?
    I am going to leave the insulin stuff to I Slam Cougars.
    I have never done insulin and never will.

I Slam Cougars knows far more about insulin than I do.

Now, I will say that the sheer fact that you don't even know what simple sugars are really concerns me.

If that is you in your avatar then you have incredible genetics for somebody who doesn't know anything about nutrition. Point being... with your genetics the sky is the limit. Learn nutrition first. Then reassess in a year or two if you actually need insulin.

I would really like to stress that I believe there are many steps you need to learn before I would even recommend you try insulin.
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 06-28-2020 at 09:52 PM.
    Ephemeral likes this.

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I am going to leave the insulin stuff to I Slam Cougars.
    I have never done insulin and never will.

I Slam Cougars knows far more about insulin than I do.

Now, I will say that the sheer fact that you don't even know what simple sugars are really concerns me.

If that is you in your avatar then you have incredible genetics for somebody who doesn't know anything about nutrition. Point being... with your genetics the sky is the limit. Learn nutrition first. Then reassess in a year or two if you actually need insulin.

I would really like to stress that I believe there are many steps you need to learn before I would even recommend you try insulin.
    Agreed 100%. Also, if he's too lazy to research all these basic questions, and expects us to answer all 30 of them, well that's not a sign of a dedicated person with attention to details, which is required for using insulin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    Agreed 100%. Also, if he's too lazy to research all these basic questions, and expects us to answer all 30 of them, well that's not a sign of a dedicated person with attention to details, which is required for using insulin.
    I understand what you are saying, but it appears that he has read up on it at least some.
    I wouldn’t just trust something off the internet for slin. I would ask the same question because sometimes people add information that actually turns out to be important.
    ISC recommends adding 5 iu’s. I am a little more cautious and would start at 5 and then add 1 iu maybe 2. Adding 5 is a big jump to me. The difference between 15 and 20 changes what I do and how I eat. But then again ISC is a man and I’m a pussy. LOL

i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

I understand what you are saying, but it appears that he has read up on it at least some.
    I wouldn’t just trust something off the internet for slin. I would ask the same question because sometimes people add information that actually turns out to be important.
    ISC recommends adding 5 iu’s. I am a little more cautious and would start at 5 and then add 1 iu maybe 2. Adding 5 is a big jump to me. The difference between 15 and 20 changes what I do and how I eat. But then again ISC is a man and I’m a pussy. LOL

I have no doubt that you or I Slam Cougars can give a detailed outline for how to use insulin for growth.

My fear of insulin stems from the fact that I suffer from reactive hypoglycemia.
    It is common in those with Hashimoto's (which I have).

Anyway, as you well know...
    Going hypo sucks ass. (And not hot fitness chic ass... Think sweaty powerlifting post meet ass.)
    I have completely passed out twice.
    I have an ambulance called.
    I've had the cold sweats too many times to count.
    I will get minor cases probably 2-5 times a week.
    I carry glucose tabs in my gym bag.
    I eat high fat high protein very moderate carb to help deal with it.

I am convinced I will die from going hypo one day.
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I have no doubt that you or I Slam Cougars can give a detailed outline for how to use insulin for growth.

My fear of insulin stems from the fact that I suffer from reactive hypoglycemia.
    It is common in those with Hashimoto's (which I have).

Anyway, as you well know...
    Going hypo sucks ass. (And not hot fitness chic ass... Think sweaty powerlifting post meet ass.)
    I have completely passed out twice.
    I have an ambulance called.
    I've had the cold sweats too many times to count.
    I will get minor cases probably 2-5 times a week.
    I carry glucose tabs in my gym bag.
    I eat high fat high protein very moderate carb to help deal with it.

I am convinced I will die from going hypo one day.
    Wow- I would stay away from it also if I was in your situation.

Wow- I would stay away from it also if I was in your situation.

I second that. I would also add in HGH or at least MK677 to try and elevate your blood sugar. I don’t know if either of those would interact with your condition, because I don’t really know anything about it. However if there’s no adverse interaction it may offer you some relief.

Then on top of that there’s the recovery and anabolic properties that we all know and love in this little game of building muscle and such.
    Ephemeral likes this.

Those clicks are soooooo little. Gotta do it in increments of five so you can see the number lol. Also I’m kinda OCD...
    charger69 likes this.

Thread Information