soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member

torn pec, need help

Whats up people.. i got an injury that just wont go away

a couple of weeks ago, about 4, i was doin my chest routine and on the last set and last rep on the bench press, i bring the bar down and hear a weird sound, like something snapped. i had 2 plates on each side. i tore my right pec. i was in pain and couldnt do chest for a week. i even had some problems during back and bic day.

so its been a couple of weeks and last night i felt the pain again. i was doin back and bic today i couldnt curl at all. i've always been good wit warmin up and stretchin, i strech after every set regardless of what im doin.

my chest routine has taken a blow so i went back to basics. on chest days i super set push ups and light bench press about 25lbs on each side. its light in weights but i still get a good work out. i feel the soreness the next day.

so why isnt this goin away. what am i doin wrong.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    If you tore your pec I would imagine you would need surgery to re-attach it.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    dude see a doc and take some time off.

Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06
    If you tore your pec I would imagine you would need surgery to re-attach it.
    surgery? are u kiddin me?

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    dude see a doc and take some time off.
    do u really think i need to see a doc.. i dunno, maybe it'll heal by itself, im workin the chest lightly

damn wheres doc.sust when u need him

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    ummm yeah, if it hurts then you shouldnt be training. There is pain for a reason dont keep training without knowing what is wrong. If you have a partial tear it will heal on its own but it will need time and rest. If you keep training you can tear it clean off the bone and then you will be really f-cked.

jbarkley is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    ummm yeah, if it hurts then you shouldnt be training. There is pain for a reason dont keep training without knowing what is wrong. If you have a partial tear it will heal on its own but it will need time and rest. If you keep training you can tear it clean off the bone and then you will be really f-cked.
    Good advise, don't keep trying to work through the pain....it appears by your discription you do have a at least a minor tear. And as Musclescience has told you....you're risking detatching that sucker completely off now. Check with your doc and get the low down on what your limitations are for now.

Good Luck

LeDias is offline Junior Member
    I advise you to have an echography or MRI done. It could be a minor tear but it could be worse... But even if it's a minor tear, you will need rest and no more training for some times. How is the area where you feel the pain? Is it inflated? Bruise ?

appreciate the feedback

no its not inflated nor bruised. it looks normal. i think i'll skip chest this comin week, and see how it feels in 2 week.

do u guys think i shouldnt even do push ups?

Thread Information