mr.freeze is offline Junior Member

shoulder pain help doc!!

monday i did bench press every thing went great but a few hours later i started having pain in my left shoulder later it was worst i had hard time moving it.i put some ice a few time and i had 400mg advil every 4 hrs.now the good part!!! the next morning my shoulder was better but now my right shoulder started to hurt me but not as much.today my left side is much better but the right side still hurt a bit.how could i hurt both shoulder at the same time with not hurting my self will trainning.the only thing i could figure out! i did take a wider grip on the bar then usual. what do you think?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.freeze
    monday i did bench press every thing went great but a few hours later i started having pain in my left shoulder later it was worst i had hard time moving it.i put some ice a few time and i had 400mg advil every 4 hrs.now the good part!!! the next morning my shoulder was better but now my right shoulder started to hurt me but not as much.today my left side is much better but the right side still hurt a bit.how could i hurt both shoulder at the same time with not hurting my self will trainning.the only thing i could figure out! i did take a wider grip on the bar then usual. what do you think?
    chances are the rt shoulder was trying to compensatefor the lt shoulder injury. i had the same thing hapen with a trapezius/SCM injury. it started on my rt and ended up on the left. it happens. keep it light and let both heal. looks like now you have 2 shoulders to ice.

mr.freeze is offline Junior Member
    ha ah!i get it,thank you very much doc.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    no problem glad to help!

Thread Information