Thread: Acne

gha11 is offline Female Member

Acne

I broke out real bad on my back, face and arms. I went to the dermo and he gave me oral antibiotics and gel to put on it. Any suggestions in the future how to be proactive so I will not get breakouts on cycle and after?

EliteSniper is offline Banned
    Sometimes this is just one of them sides that is unavoidable.

Stick with what your dermo has prescribed you and if all options fail, a treatment of accutane may be in the works, but remember that this should only be a last resort. If you do run accutane, it is known to keep an individual clear for years after the treatment and sometimes indefinitely.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    its known to keep the inidividual clear for years?!

that was a positive statment right? you made it sound like it was bad, or am i reading it wrong?

EliteSniper is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaiv
    its known to keep the inidividual clear for years?!

that was a positive statment right? you made it sound like it was bad, or am i reading it wrong?
    I ran a doctor prescribed accutane treatment several years ago and remained acne-free for several years after treatemnt. So yes, you could say that is a good thing. It's just that accutane should be a last option in fighting acne because it is very harsh and sides can get real nasty.

For the threadstarter, be cautious if you go the accutane route. There are many warnings issued on this drug and its use by women.

Shang III is offline Junior Member
    I had real bad breakouts on my shoulders and chest about 18 months ago, My derm suggested laser treatments because I was unwilling to go the accutan route. All in all it was 4 treatments, something about the oil gland being attracted to heat which shrinks the oil gland permenataly. Thus producing less oil and breakouts. hope that helps

If I run another cycle am I going to break out even more? I am really worried I will be fighting acne now for the rest of my life! I didn't even have one pimple before I ran my cycle so I am a little upset!

Slaiv is offline Banned
    whats is so bad about accutane anyways?

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gha11
    If I run another cycle am I going to break out even more? I am really worried I will be fighting acne now for the rest of my life! I didn't even have one pimple before I ran my cycle so I am a little upset!
    What did you run?

When your hormone system gets stabil breakeouts usally dimminish. In the mean time you could do tanning, it might not help, but it will mask the acne somewhat an make it less noticebal.

I find that GH clears my skin really well...

Slaiv is offline Banned
    whats so bad about accutane?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Antibiotics may get rid of some of your acne, but they'll be doing a lot of damage in your gut. I suggest not taking any antibiotics at all, unless you are going to die if you don't.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    ok... antibiotics in general? or just this one in particular?

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaiv
    ok... antibiotics in general? or just this one in particular?
    In general.

Slaiv is offline Banned
    but u guys make accutane sound soooo bad..... is there something im not getting?

everyone takes antibiotics when there sick, i understand there not the best thing, but i mean come on, its medicine to cure your illness...

but like i was saying, is there something about accutane im just not getting?

SergioLMT is offline Associate Member
    In high school, I had the pleasure of doing 3 consecutive accutane treatments for cystic acne all over my back and shoulders. Supposedly it shrinks your oil glands permenantly, which would atest to why it could keep you acne free indefinitely. It definitely has kept me under control even now, though I'll get a breakout every now and then, but nothing compaired to how bad my skin used to be.

I just started a cycle of Test, so I think that'll really be the test (no pun intended) of accutanes longevity.

And the reason Accutane is bad is because of it's possible side effects, so a monthly blood test is needed to check liver values and such.

Best of luck!

jbarkley is offline Member

B5

Try Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) it works well with no sides.....google Pantothenic Acid and acne....there is a lot of info regarding it....

Livestrong....with clear skin!

antibiotics

My doctor gave me doxicycline, should I not take this to help clear up my acne? I am taking GH as well so I am hoping between the two I will clear up and stay clear...until my next cycle!

G

Thread Information