Thread: arm injury

ROBOCOP is offline Member

arm injury

Guys. I have been experiencing immense pain in my forearms for about 2 years now. Been to see the doc several times with no real explanations. Just painkillers and anti inflam!!!!!!!

The pain I get is is on the underside of my forearms, right where you would expect to find the bicep insertion. The pain is intensified when I train back or Bis. Even doing a bicep pose hurts!!!!!

Ive rested for 8 wks or so at one stage with no improvement.

Anti inflams dont seem to work. My workouts are suffering obviously but anyone else had similar problems and what did you do???

The rest of my forearm muscles are sore most of the time too.

Can anyone help.

Thanks guys

dwaynewade is offline Senior Member
    are you on gear? IGF?

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewade
    are you on gear? IGF?
    Not at the minute. Ive been off for 9 wks or so now. This problem has been around for ages, both off and on the gear. I have wondered if the pain is due to AAS in that it reduces the natural coritsol production during and following cessation.

frank2738 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    did u get a mri done?

No. Getting one of those costs major bucks here, money I aint got. Getting my doc to sort one out would take a minor miracle!! What are your thoughts????

frank2738 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    i think u need to get a job with benefits, or if u have a job off the books, say u hurt yourself and go the workers comp way.

there is this fairly new procedure out for tendonitis (if thats what u have) called electric shock wave treatment. google eswt. i am really considering doing it. i had an appt to do it 2 years ago, but the pain went away. since then, it comes and goes and i cant ****in take it anymore. my tendonitis is more of whats called golfers elbow. my pain is on the inside of the elbow. ive given up skullcrushers and over-the-head extensions(my favorites), but yet it still comes back. ive gone to having to do 25-30 reps for each tricep exercise just so i dont feel pain. yeah the burn is great, but who the hell wants to do that many reps.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    I'm dealing with a similar thing in one arm. There's not much you can do but take time off and let it heal, however long it takes. I've been working out with one arm for 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by frank2738
    i think u need to get a job with benefits, or if u have a job off the books, say u hurt yourself and go the workers comp way.

there is this fairly new procedure out for tendonitis (if thats what u have) called electric shock wave treatment. google eswt. i am really considering doing it. i had an appt to do it 2 years ago, but the pain went away. since then, it comes and goes and i cant ****in take it anymore. my tendonitis is more of whats called golfers elbow. my pain is on the inside of the elbow. ive given up skullcrushers and over-the-head extensions(my favorites), but yet it still comes back. ive gone to having to do 25-30 reps for each tricep exercise just so i dont feel pain. yeah the burn is great, but who the hell wants to do that many reps.
    That sounds like a good idea. (Not the taking a job with benefits bit)!!!!!

Like you im at the end of my tether with this injury. Like I said I had rested arms for around 8 wks and it still made no difference. I guess the best way for me to go is for the mri.

Thread Information