Thread: Shoulder Pain

HardCharger is offline Associate Member

Shoulder Pain

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to start a new cycle and wanted to get some opinions about a shoulder problem. I get this stabbing pain on the top of my shoulder an inch or two from the acual joint. It only starts to hurt when I do heavy millitary presses, but it goes away if i take it easy. When it comes back i can feel it a little when I do heavy beanch presses. It's been coming and going off and on for the last few years.

After discribbing it to a friend he told me that it sounded like what he felt when he fractured his coller bone.

Any ideas of what it could be?

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    i have the same problem and nobody, not even my chiropractor, can say what it is.

brianfantana is offline Junior Member
    I have a similar problem since i cycled anavar , when it hurts i can barely move my shoulder in any range and let alone push anything- it hurt for almost a week then subsided then it went again on military press - doctor says dont do weights which isnt really the answer but probably a good idea, also my joints feel like theyre popping in and out and i am taking supplements for glucosamine and its still really bad :-S

I hope you guys get it sorted it - painkillers arent really a solution for me.

Quote Originally Posted by brianfantana View Post
    I have a similar problem since i cycled anavar , when it hurts i can barely move my shoulder in any range and let alone push anything- it hurt for almost a week then subsided then it went again on military press - doctor says dont do weights which isnt really the answer but probably a good idea, also my joints feel like theyre popping in and out and i am taking supplements for glucosamine and its still really bad :-S

I hope you guys get it sorted it - painkillers arent really a solution for me.
    Tore rotator. About time for you to do some rehabilitation. External rotation, Internal rotation exercises. Google them both if you don't know what they are. And you can do them at the gym.

timtim is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMike747474 View Post
    Tore rotator. About time for you to do some rehabilitation. External rotation, Internal rotation exercises. Google them both if you don't know what they are. And you can do them at the gym.
    its very easy to diagnose so he should see if this is the problem but it's not a given that he tore his rotator. could be bursitis, tendinitis too.

Tore rotator cuffs are hard to heal. Regardless if it isn't a tore rotator cuff, bursitis and tendinitis need to be rehabilitated. Dick.

No doubt, it is a tore rotator cuff. Any range of motion is painful = Tore rotator cuff. Like I said, look in those exercises. They did good things for me. Military press on barbells instead of dumbbells would be much more better for you. Start out with light weight and full range of motion until you're spot on with the technique. Building additional muscle around the cuff will subside and reinforce the rotator cuff itself. Alleviating the pain and debilitation of the rotator cuff. But make sure you give it some rest by working light weight. It worked for me. But everyone is different.
    Last edited by CrazyMike747474; 11-24-2007 at 02:47 PM.

Thread Information