Pulled me FUCQUEN lower back yesteday, need advice!

Mornin everyone, at least it is here in the MIA

Yesterday @ made really shytty mistake that I shall NEVER repeat again as long as I live.

I was doing back exercises and I look over and I see this relatively skinny guy doing deadlifts with 315. So Im sayin to myself, "I never do deadlifts, this is a great opportunity to strengthen my lower back".. So I wait till hes done, do a quick warmup set, then throw 315 on (of course not to be out-done by someone smaller than me)... on my 2nd rep I feel a sharp sting run thru my lower back.. i drop the weight and then the pain comes.. holy crap this is horrible. Apprarently this guy was one of those "sleeper" guys at the gym, looks small but I guess his muscle fibers are more compressed or he has faster twiching ones, who knows u get my point... Ive had a heating pad on it, it helps a bit but pain is almost unbearable!! sometimes if I move in a certain position I cant breathe for a sec cuz the pain is so bad.. I dont have to go to hospital or anything, its just a pull, and Ive read there isnt much that can be done other than recoupperation time.

Which brings me to my question, anyone ever have similar problem as this while on AAS, and, if so, what would be a good mild-pain reliever that would be least toxic on the liver as possible? Im thinkin ibuprofen, not acimenophen as it is highly toxic (Aspirin). Any suggestions?> ((non-opioiod of course) auf wiedersehen!

Oh also I would just like to point out how MUY IMPORTANTE ones lower back is. Almost EVERY SINGLE move I make I feel it in some way, wheather shifting my weight, walking, even talking (no jk). So I just want to warn everyone be super super careful with lower back and always take necesarry precautions!
    Last edited by Panzerfaust80; 01-29-2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: felt like it

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust80 View Post

Yesterday @ made really shytty mistake that I shall NEVER repeat again as long as I live.

I was doing back exercises and I look over and I see this relatively skinny guy doing deadlifts with 315. So Im sayin to myself, "I never do deadlifts, this is a great opportunity to strengthen my lower back".. So I wait till hes done, do a quick warmup set, then throw 315 on (of course not to be out-done by someone smaller than me)... on my 2nd rep I feel a sharp sting run thru my lower back.. i drop the weight and then the pain comes.. holy crap this is horrible. Apprarently this guy was one of those "sleeper" guys at the gym, looks small but I guess his muscle fibers are more compressed or he has faster twiching ones, who knows u get my point... Ive had a heating pad on it, it helps a bit but pain is almost unbearable!! sometimes if I move in a certain position I cant breathe for a sec cuz the pain is so bad.. I dont have to go to hospital or anything, its just a pull, and Ive read there isnt much that can be done other than recoupperation time.

Which brings me to my question, anyone ever have similar problem as this while on AAS, and, if so, what would be a good mild-pain reliever that would be least toxic on the liver as possible? Im thinkin ibuprofen, not acimenophen as it is highly toxic (Aspirin). Any suggestions?> ((non-opioiod of course) auf wiedersehen!
    Ibuprofen 800mg 3x's daily for the first 3 days then switch to aspirin for pain management

So... let me get this straight... you let your ego take over and hurt yourself by doing more weight then your comfortable with and w/o a proper warmup and your pissed at the "sleeper guy" sorry to hear about that...

Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer View Post
    Ibuprofen 800mg 3x's daily for the first 3 days then switch to aspirin for pain management

So... let me get this straight... you let your ego take over and hurt yourself by doing more weight then your comfortable with and w/o a proper warmup and your pissed at the "sleeper guy" sorry to hear about that...
    no no no.. in no way am I pissed at him at all, I didnt mean to imply that in my post if I did! Im pissed at myself if anyone, he was just doin what he does... how can i be pissed at him???

Thanx for the nfo , bro... The acetaminophen (sp??) in the apspirin wont be dangerous for my liver you think? I know take in moderate dosage and over 2000 mg is considered toxic i believe, but still on gear is it smart to mess around with it in the 1st place? Any idea how long pain will last for?
    Last edited by Panzerfaust80; 01-29-2008 at 08:28 AM.

KJSolid is offline Associate Member
    I dont think that it has anything to do with fast twitch muscles, sounds like he was just stronger than you and you couldn't swallow your pride and admit it. I would take ibuprofren as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by KJSolid View Post
    I dont think that it has anything to do with fast twitch muscles, sounds like he was just stronger than you and you couldn't swallow your pride and admit it. I would take ibuprofren as needed.
    No shyt he was stronger... I was attempting to make an effort to "explain" why he would be smaller than me yet be able to deadlift more. One of many reasons may be a. he has a greater of concentration of muscle fibers in his lower back b. or his "twitch" muscles are more developed. wasnt a matter of pride either, I just figured that I could do that amount of weight since he could do it. thats all.

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    dont feel bad i had my old lady walk on my back yesterday and now i cant move at all im stuck at this d a m n computer! i cant even get my socks or underwear on..lol

Quote Originally Posted by largerthannormal View Post
    dont feel bad i had my old lady walk on my back yesterday and now i cant move at all im stuck at this d a m n computer! i cant even get my socks or underwear on..lol
    why was she walking on ur back? that some sort of freaky foreplay thing u guys got goin on?? lol jk bro no for real whats up with that?

I know theres some guys that liked to b "Stomped" on with chicks in stillettos or high heels (saw it on HBO once, Im not into that )

i hear its great for PCT

JuicedUpCanuk is offline Associate Member
    Man I feel for ya , been there done that the only thing that ever helped me was going for Phisy O Therapy . Gota get someone in there get you all streched out , had to do it once on a cycle .

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    man im lau***ng over here, not at you, but because i remember being like that when i was younger.anyway low back is a toughy to heal as u see u use it for EVERYTHING and unless u can sit in bed for the next month it continues to get aggrivated evrytime u use it(im speaking from personal experience here)anyway take it as easy as u can and i personally would take any pain meds cause u need to know when u r overdoing it(ie u feel pain when u do and if u take meds u wont,make sense?)anyway sorry to hear that hope u get better soon

Quote Originally Posted by bpm1 View Post
    man im lau***ng over here, not at you, but because i remember being like that when i was younger.anyway low back is a toughy to heal as u see u use it for EVERYTHING and unless u can sit in bed for the next month it continues to get aggrivated evrytime u use it(im speaking from personal experience here)anyway take it as easy as u can and i personally would take any pain meds cause u need to know when u r overdoing it(ie u feel pain when u do and if u take meds u wont,make sense?)anyway sorry to hear that hope u get better soon
    thanks bud... yeah that does make sense, but while im not workin out its prob okay to take a few here and there just to get thru the day..u know? man I feel damn sorry for these car accident victims that have compressed spinal cord injuries and are in excruciating pain for the rest of their lives (unless corrective surgery can be performed which is rare).. I couldnt deal with it id HAVE to go on heavy opioid paid meds, I would never want to experience this paid 24 hrs per day for the rest of my life...

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    no no no.. in no way am I pissed at him at all, I didnt mean to imply that in my post if I did! Im pissed at myself if anyone, he was just doin what he does... how can i be pissed at him???

Thanx for the nfo , bro... The acetaminophen (sp??) in the apspirin wont be dangerous for my liver you think? I know take in moderate dosage and over 2000 mg is considered toxic i believe, but still on gear is it smart to mess around with it in the 1st place? Any idea how long pain will last for?

acetaminophen is tylenol.

aspirin is aspirin.

aleve is naproxen sodium.

ibuprofen is Advil.

i like aspirin and ibuprofen the best, sometimes i use aleve.

i hurt my back deadlifting 285 for reps with bad form. i dont think my pain was as bad as yours, but i didnt dl for about 2 years. i finally went to a chiropractor after going to him for a year or so i finally started dl with a belt. i dont go near as heavy or as fast as i did with as many reps.

if you ever dl again you need to get perfect form with light weight.

good luck and hope you feel better. try not to aggravate it.

Quote Originally Posted by naturalsux View Post
    acetaminophen is tylenol.

aspirin is aspirin.

aleve is naproxen sodium.

ibuprofen is Advil.

i like aspirin and ibuprofen the best, sometimes i use aleve.

i hurt my back deadlifting 285 for reps with bad form. i dont think my pain was as bad as yours, but i didnt dl for about 2 years. i finally went to a chiropractor after going to him for a year or so i finally started dl with a belt. i dont go near as heavy or as fast as i did with as many reps.

if you ever dl again you need to get perfect form with light weight.

good luck and hope you feel better. try not to aggravate it.
    Thanks 4 the info. I cant believe it took that long to make full recovery... im hoping this is like a 3-4 day thing... (wishful thinking perhaps)

Theres also this pain med made specifically for back aches and imflammation, called Magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate that seems to be working decent... dosent take all the pain away but at least I can walk now lol Like an 80 yr old that is. I still gotta lift today no matter what,, perhaps to arms or something..

naturalsux is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks 4 the info. I cant believe it took that long to make full recovery... im hoping this is like a 3-4 day thing... (wishful thinking perhaps)

Theres also this pain med made specifically for back aches and imflammation, called Magnesium salicylate tetrahydrate that seems to be working decent... dosent take all the pain away but at least I can walk now lol Like an 80 yr old that is. I still gotta lift today no matter what,, perhaps to arms or something..
    i still worked out my back just without deads. it coulda healed faster if i woulda went to a chiropractor sooner but i didnt have that option. i thought it would get better, it didnt. it was just a nagging pain that would flare up sometimes.

i hope yours does heal faster than mine.
    Last edited by naturalsux; 01-29-2008 at 11:26 AM. Reason: spelling

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    The ibuprofen is going to reduce the Inflammation as an NSAID which in turn will reduce the tissue damage done by and inflammatory response then once that is over the aspirin will aid in pain relieve without inhibiting your inflammation(protein synthesis) as your body's tissue need to repair itself....

muchas gracias.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Last summer I did my back in doing ONE warm up squat and was fcuked for a long time. I had to lie flat to sleep and any side movement would make me wake up. I was unable to train for weeks! I got to see a chiropractor after 10 days and he did his magic! Go and see a chiropractor as soon as possible. That is the quickest way to recovery!

You have my sympathies!!

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Let's hope it's just a pulled/strained muscle. If the pain persists for longer two weeks without beginning to subside, you should really have it looked at because this could easily be a herniated disc. Initially both strains and herniations are identical, acute pain at the source, but herniation pain persists and is often transient…tends to later be revealed by hip, glute and/or leg pain as the protrusion often compresses the sciatic nerve.

Don't worry so much about your liver, just try to find a reliever that works, hopefully OTC's will do the job.
    How’d you sleep?
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by magic32 View Post
    Let's hope it's just a pulled/strained muscle. If the pain persists for longer two weeks without beginning to subside, you should really have it looked at because this could easily be a herniated disc. Initially both strains and herniations are identical, acute pain at the source, but herniation pain persists and is often transient…tends to later be revealed by hip, glute and/or leg pain as the protrusion often compresses the sciatic nerve.

Don't worry so much about your liver, just try to find a reliever that works, hopefully OTC's will do the job.
    How’d you sleep?
    yeah I hope it isnt that severe either... I didnt sleep good last night AT ALL but that was the same night it occured.. days almost over today and it has improved dramatically.. i cant believe it.. big difference than this mornin, but then again it injuries are always bad first thing in da mornin...

Rotary is offline Associate Member
    Rest bro, Rest !

I blow my back out once every few months, it sucks but I've learned to deal with it.

Oh also I would just like to point out how MUY IMPORTANTE ones lower back is. Almost EVERY SINGLE move I make I feel it in some way, wheather shifting my weight, walking, even talking (no jk). So I just want to warn everyone be super super careful with lower back and always take necesarry precautions!
    sorry, about your back but that guy was me! , but seroiusly Im the guy that hurts all the big boys 180lbs and stronger than most.I love when I get off the smith rack,leg press or press the heaviest dumbells and first thing I see is one of the big boys droppin the weights or getting stuck then they start examining the machine/or wieghts like its broken.lol.Big boys BEWARE those little guys that make you scatch your head are on steriods too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseAthlete View Post
    sorry, about your back but that guy was me! , but seroiusly Im the guy that hurts all the big boys 180lbs and stronger than most.I love when I get off the smith rack,leg press or press the heaviest dumbells and first thing I see is one of the big boys droppin the weights or getting stuck then they start examining the machine/or wieghts like its broken.lol.Big boys BEWARE those little guys that make you scatch your head are on steriods too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    everyone knows yet nobody admits it... some people lie really reall well too...

Dude No No No Aspirin
    & No No No Ibuprofen

Yes For Tylenol

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    yeah I hope it isnt that severe either... I didnt sleep good last night AT ALL but that was the same night it occured.. days almost over today and it has improved dramatically.. i cant believe it.. big difference than this mornin, but then again it injuries are always bad first thing in da mornin...
    That's great news. The mere fact that you slept at all w/OTC's discounts disc damage. You'll be fine, just take it easy!
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

everyone knows yet nobody admits it... some people lie really reall well too...
    back better????..........I admit to anyone that asks me and I trust.Deadlifts are a bitch increasing small increments and lift them heavy once a week at least thats how I got stronger.

midnight777 is offline Associate Member
    i did some lower back ext yesterday.. i have left these out of my workouts for the last few months... I did them yesterday.. boy my back is feeling tight... i guess my lower back is very weak.. hopefully i can get them started again... i bend over to pick up something.. feels terrible..

yungfaceb3 is offline Associate Member
    my lower back has been hurting last about 3 weeks! It resulted after a heavy heavy squat day in which I broke my previous squating records. It felt just like a normal..sore lower back like hundreds of times before..but this tiem it lasted for like 2 days worse than normal. Then it was gone and returne to normal until the next week I did heavy squats again and it came back...only to go away after that night! T-bar rows hurt it again so i took a week w/o hitting it at all and doing nomral standing exercises seated if possible and always wearing abelt even when not normally needed or necesary. I did moderate weighted squats and had no problems...i thought it was recovered....then 2 day my final rep of my final set of te-bar rows hurt it again! it hurts like a bitch!...deep and at the lower lower extremeties of the lower back where it connects to the hips! I thought of a disk problem but that wouldn't just come and go like that....what do you think the problem is???

Thread Information