matrick is offline New Member

Lower Back Injury

Hi,

I hope you guys can help me here. I deadlifted heavy some time ago and missed the lift. I then felt some discomfort in my back and went to the doctor, but he told me, that there shouldn't be any damage or injury to my lower back, after he examined it. He figured I have an anterior pelvic tilt though.

Now the pain is gone, but I sometimes experience that my lower back, especially in the middle somehow gets this weird "half numb" feeling, especially when I sit leaning forward or backward for a while. I do not have any pain however, even when deadlifting or squatting heavy. I also changed my training and added more abdominal work in to correct the pelvic tilt.

Hope that anyone can help me here (looking at you Doc.Sust ;-)

Thanks,
    matrick

CrazyHorse89 is offline Junior Member
    get an MRI bro, have them check for a ruptured Disk, the numbness sounds like a damaged nerve, I did the same thing doing a squat.

usually it will only get worse with time, if not treated, sometimes the disk is minorly ruptured but can easliy made worse

Peace

matrick is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithjp1 View Post
    get an MRI bro, have them check for a ruptured Disk, the numbness sounds like a damaged nerve, I did the same thing doing a squat.

usually it will only get worse with time, if not treated, sometimes the disk is minorly ruptured but can easliy made worse

Peace
    Yeah, we'll see. I will go see a doctor tomorrow and we'll see what happens. Who knows, I might just be over reacting to something. But better be sure than sorry.

Thanks

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    MRI, you are either pinching a nerve or your disk is tilting in such a way that it's pinching your spinal cord a little. Time to stop lifting so heavy for a while and concentrate on the lower back muscles for a while.

Thread Information