Thread: Disc injury

gtrawee is offline New Member

Disc injury

OK guys, I just got 3 weeks into my 1st cycle, started seeing great progress then exacerbated an old injury to L5/S1 disc. Luckily, I know exactly what to do to rehab it (done it 2x in past 10 years). My question is, do I stop cycle completely or continue. Upper body is my main focus of which I can still do to a great deal. I do, however, understand the importance of lower body training. I will be limited to cardio for legs. Just hate to see progress stopped abruptly esp since summer is here.

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I totally blew out L5/S1 and herniated L4/L5 in the military. I was in the gym the day after my surgery doing leg extensions and leg curls. As things got better, I moved into leg presses on various machines. Is your injury severe enough to prevent leg extensions & curls? I would think you could continue your cycle as it may help with your injury recovery. Good luck to you though, 'cause I know how much back injuries suck.

serapis is offline New Member
    Good luck with it. Wish I had the answer.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    bump

Any other info or opinions with cycles helping speed recovery? Almost seems like a bad omen for this to happen when I finally decided to do my first cycle. Been training naturally for years with no problems. Just hate to waste progress (not to mention product) but I guess in the end health trumps it all.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    no easy answer on this one. pros and cons to both points. What is your cycle, if it's just a test only, I'd keep it going. It should help with recovery but just do not over do it at the gym.

Equi with test

3dgamer is offline Junior Member
    I agree w/ kfrost, and I also fight a disc issue. If your into your cycle far enough, why not finish it and just do what you can do in the gym. On the other hand, if your just getting started then ceasing would save the product til you feel 100% later...

Good luck

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Personally I would use it to help recover because now 90% of the healing process is building the muscle around your back. I had L5/S1 herniated and surgery 5 months ago. I started back doing light weights right away also. I just started first cycle and am doing it to help build the muscle more, not to be the strongest or biggest guy in the gym. Lift smart and know your limits. I think form will get you more gains than heavy. Make EACH rep count.

Thread Information