Thread: Hair loss guide

luxur is offline Junior Member

Hair loss guide

Im looking thru the forum, cant seem to find a complete guide to preventing hairloss. Anyone ever wrote one? I read several different threads about the subject but never one condensed one.

mick86 is offline Member
    Crap, I thought this was a hair loss guide. What a disappointment, hehe. Bump for a response.

beefjerky is offline New Member
    I can help. What hairloss are you experiencing?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luxur View Post
    Im looking thru the forum, cant seem to find a complete guide to preventing hairloss. Anyone ever wrote one? I read several different threads about the subject but never one condensed one.
    I just did a search for "hairloss" and only came up with 2263 results

http://forums.steroid.com/search.php?searchid=4886189

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I just did a search for "hairloss" and only came up with 2263 results

http://forums.steroid.com/search.php?searchid=4886189
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Bad DSM. Back to the lounge for you.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

mick86 is offline Member
    Hey beefjerky I remember you from the "Will Stopping steroids will stop hair loss" thread by BrokenBricks. Sotty to hear that your hair is also falling out.

I don't know who you were addressing with your odffer to help so at the risk of hijacking this thread hear is my situation:

I am currently on my second test/deca cycle (through a little d-bol in at the start of this one) and i'm worrying that my hair is thinning. Im certainly not bald but my scalp shows through at the front and crown of my head more than it used 2, especially when spike it up or something. My hair line seems mostly unchanged, but I have to leave my hair flat to hide the fact that i'm thinning.

I was using nizoral 2% every other day for from the start of this cycle but have started using it every day because strands of hair were still falling out hen I styled it. I didn't use Nizoral on my 1st cycle because when I asked the pharmacist about it they said it would not help to prevent steroid related hair loss. Fuc%ing bad advice. I should have ignored it but I'm a tight arse so thought why buy it then.

The last week or so I've also started using Rogaine, between using more Nizoral I seem to be losing much less now.

If I stop using Rogaine will the hair that was saved by it fall out?

Once I stop my cycle my hair loss should return back to its natural rate, is that true?

If Nizoral is so effective at preventing hair loss then why when I was using it every 2-3days was I still losing hair?

Iv been thinking about getting some Finasteride, I hav an appointment with my doctor on Wednesday, I have heard that it can not only prevent further loss but also initiate some regroth, any thoughts on that and the conditions of the situation?

Also I have heard people claim that even without Rogaine, Finasteride ect that their hair has thickened back up after cycle, how is this poposible?

BTW any theories on just how much the hair loss process is sped up through steroid use in those genitally prone to MPB? For examples are you likely to go bald 5 years earlier than you would have naturally of 15 years ect. I realise that its probably different for everybody so but a general approximation would be great.

Of all the side effects to get it seems hair loss is the most irreversible for guys, even gyno can be cut out. I just wished id acknowledge what was happening sooner, I even asked some people including my hair dresser but they all thought I was imagining it at the time. Now that its more obvious they have changed their mind, but im possibly stuck with a thinning at age 22, I'm rather embarrassed and it is affecting my confidence but I guess its my own fault for using gear when I knew the risks.

Sorry for such a long post, any advice appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mick86 View Post
    Hey beefjerky I remember you from the "Will Stopping steroids will stop hair loss" thread by BrokenBricks. Sotty to hear that your hair is also falling out.

I don't know who you were addressing with your odffer to help so at the risk of hijacking this thread hear is my situation:

I am currently on my second test/deca cycle (through a little d-bol in at the start of this one) and i'm worrying that my hair is thinning. Im certainly not bald but my scalp shows through at the front and crown of my head more than it used 2, especially when spike it up or something. My hair line seems mostly unchanged, but I have to leave my hair flat to hide the fact that i'm thinning.

I was using nizoral 2% every other day for from the start of this cycle but have started using it every day because strands of hair were still falling out hen I styled it. I didn't use Nizoral on my 1st cycle because when I asked the pharmacist about it they said it would not help to prevent steroid related hair loss. Fuc%ing bad advice. I should have ignored it but I'm a tight arse so thought why buy it then.

The last week or so I've also started using Rogaine, between using more Nizoral I seem to be losing much less now.

If I stop using Rogaine will the hair that was saved by it fall out?

Once I stop my cycle my hair loss should return back to its natural rate, is that true?

If Nizoral is so effective at preventing hair loss then why when I was using it every 2-3days was I still losing hair?

Iv been thinking about getting some Finasteride, I hav an appointment with my doctor on Wednesday, I have heard that it can not only prevent further loss but also initiate some regroth, any thoughts on that and the conditions of the situation?

Also I have heard people claim that even without Rogaine, Finasteride ect that their hair has thickened back up after cycle, how is this poposible?

BTW any theories on just how much the hair loss process is sped up through steroid use in those genitally prone to MPB? For examples are you likely to go bald 5 years earlier than you would have naturally of 15 years ect. I realise that its probably different for everybody so but a general approximation would be great.

Of all the side effects to get it seems hair loss is the most irreversible for guys, even gyno can be cut out. I just wished id acknowledge what was happening sooner, I even asked some people including my hair dresser but they all thought I was imagining it at the time. Now that its more obvious they have changed their mind, but im possibly stuck with a thinning at age 22, I'm rather embarrassed and it is affecting my confidence but I guess its my own fault for using gear when I knew the risks.

Sorry for such a long post, any advice appreciated.
    I'll try to address as much as I can here.

I too noticed my hair thinning when I used gel. My hairstyle has changed because of all this.

If I were you, I'd pick up Spiractalone 5% ASAP and put that on every night. That's the strongest stuff out there for reducing DHT at the scalp. Smells like it should be, too. Wash it out with cool water in the morning to kill the smell during the day.

Nizoral can be harsh. Hair falls out naturally of course, because it's one phase of the hair growth cycle. In order for hair to get thinner, it has to stop growing, and then fall out. When DHT is flooding your scalp (not getting too scientific here) it basically means that over time, the hair that grows back will grow back thinner, and the growth period will be shortened and the resting phase will be longer. And that repeats until you've got nothing left basically.
    When you're using nizoral or finasteride, DHT in the scalp is reduced and the hair needs to fall out again so that it can grow back to normal size. That's why there can be a massive shedding when starting fina. It also scares a lot of people off, too. The mass exodus of hair is a sign that it's working and you need to give it a full year to show if it indeed is.

Rogaine, minoxodil, is allegedly less effective than claimed to be. I'm under the impression it inhibits DHT as well. But just like finasteride, when you stop using it, eventually the hair you had grown will be gone within a year.

When you say getting off cycle, and having your hair loss rate return to a less rapid pace (I believe that's what you meant) I'm not so sure about that. I would "think" yes because of less DHT in your system. But you will continue to lose hair nonetheless

I am unsure of an specific rate that hair loss is sped up by steroids but when your body has so much more DHT you can see how it would "age" a person.

I've also heard you have about a 30 month window of when you first started losing hair before those "hair cells" are lost for good. So if you can, talk to your doc about fina. There are places to get it for very cheap as well.

For me, nothing else was working, so I finally pulled the trigger. I use fina and I also use the shampoo through revivogen. There are alternatives out there for that shampoo but I haven't looked yet because I still have a half bottle.

I hope I answered some questions for you.

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beefjerky View Post
    I'll try to address as much as I can here.

I too noticed my hair thinning when I used gel. My hairstyle has changed because of all this.

If I were you, I'd pick up Spiractalone 5% ASAP and put that on every night. That's the strongest stuff out there for reducing DHT at the scalp. Smells like it should be, too. Wash it out with cool water in the morning to kill the smell during the day.

Nizoral can be harsh. Hair falls out naturally of course, because it's one phase of the hair growth cycle. In order for hair to get thinner, it has to stop growing, and then fall out. When DHT is flooding your scalp (not getting too scientific here) it basically means that over time, the hair that grows back will grow back thinner, and the growth period will be shortened and the resting phase will be longer. And that repeats until you've got nothing left basically.
    When you're using nizoral or finasteride, DHT in the scalp is reduced and the hair needs to fall out again so that it can grow back to normal size. That's why there can be a massive shedding when starting fina. It also scares a lot of people off, too. The mass exodus of hair is a sign that it's working and you need to give it a full year to show if it indeed is.

Rogaine, minoxodil, is allegedly less effective than claimed to be. I'm under the impression it inhibits DHT as well. But just like finasteride, when you stop using it, eventually the hair you had grown will be gone within a year.

When you say getting off cycle, and having your hair loss rate return to a less rapid pace (I believe that's what you meant) I'm not so sure about that. I would "think" yes because of less DHT in your system. But you will continue to lose hair nonetheless

I am unsure of an specific rate that hair loss is sped up by steroids but when your body has so much more DHT you can see how it would "age" a person.

I've also heard you have about a 30 month window of when you first started losing hair before those "hair cells" are lost for good. So if you can, talk to your doc about fina. There are places to get it for very cheap as well.

For me, nothing else was working, so I finally pulled the trigger. I use fina and I also use the shampoo through revivogen. There are alternatives out there for that shampoo but I haven't looked yet because I still have a half bottle.

I hope I answered some questions for you.
    Thanks very much for your reply, I havn't heard of Spiractalone but will look into it when I have a moment. I had time to see that its a prescription drug that slows down hair growth. I will also mention it to my doc tomorrow and think about starting finastride. I'll also look into revivogenshampoo. I wish Id done all this much sooner, but better late than never.

It seems that you have done a little more research than me and I thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by mick86 View Post
    Thanks very much for your reply, I havn't heard of Spiractalone but will look into it when I have a moment. I had time to see that its a prescription drug that slows down hair growth. I will also mention it to my doc tomorrow and think about starting finastride. I'll also look into revivogenshampoo. I wish Id done all this much sooner, but better late than never.

It seems that you have done a little more research than me and I thank you for sharing your knowledge.
    My pleasure. Losing hair in the early 20s is a heartbreaking experience. I only ask that you help those who might go down this path.

Spiro is a research chem, I don't know how much your doc is going to tell you about it.

www.hairlosshelp.net and www.regrowth.com are some good places to learn more.

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beefjerky View Post
    My pleasure. Losing hair in the early 20s is a heartbreaking experience. I only ask that you help those who might go down this path.

Spiro is a research chem, I don't know how much your doc is going to tell you about it.

www.hairlosshelp.net and www.regrowth.com are some good places to learn more.
    Will check thoe out, thanks. Yeah now that I know whay to look out for i will watch the hairlines of my friends who juice closely. I wish someone had been able to help me when it had first started happening, at least at this stage its still not too bad.

Thread Information