Natural1 is offline Associate Member

Torn Pec Anyone have surgery?

I tore my pec in the area between muscle and tendon. So now my pec is pretty messed up, when not flexed you really can't notice it too much but as soon as i slightly flex my entire pec moves to the middle of my chest leaviing me with a gap by my armpit....Sh*t sux! Anyone ever have surgery done, docs saying you cant reattach muscle to tendon but im just looking for my options here

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    im going through the same thing... getting my MRI done soon! Good luck! sorry i have no info for ya, but nobody replied to my post so i figured id let ya know your not alone! haha

Natural1 is offline Associate Member
    bump anyone?

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    If its doing what you describe you should be in surgery already man.

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KAEW44 View Post
    If its doing what you describe you should be in surgery already man.
    100% right! i just had mine! the longer u wait the least likely you'll be able to fix it!

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHitter View Post
    100% right! i just had mine! the longer u wait the least likely you'll be able to fix it!
    same with everything.. if something is wrong, your body tries to fix it on its own, and will heal itself the way it is now. the sooner you go in, the less healing takes place and the more likely surgery is to help

pumbertot is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural1 View Post
    I tore my pec in the area between muscle and tendon. So now my pec is pretty messed up, when not flexed you really can't notice it too much but as soon as i slightly flex my entire pec moves to the middle of my chest leaviing me with a gap by my armpit....Sh*t sux! Anyone ever have surgery done, docs saying you cant reattach muscle to tendon but im just looking for my options here

hopefully you know by now the Dr was talking complete BS.

i was misdiagnosed with a partial tear 3 years ago in UK. went through rehab etc, the pec remained deformed and strength down. it was in fact a near complete tear of the tendon off the humerous. did not have the money at the time to get it fixed privately.

long story short, i had mine done 4 weeks ago in Boston. 2 hamstring donor grafts were used as my tendon was gone. and the result it pretty good considering.
    now if i can have my pec attached onto someone elses tendons then onto bone, you certainly can have yours attached onto your own tendon!
    and its never too late either, some surgeons will tell you so.

pumbertot is offline New Member
    aw m

BBall6 is offline Associate Member
    Go see a different dr and good luck. I had a buddy who went through this a few yrs ago they weren't able to reattatch all of it but were able to save about 1/2. I would go in as soon as possible as like others have mentioned, the longer you wait the less they will likely be able to do for you.

Thread Information