Thread: Stinger

Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member

Stinger

Guys, what do you do for stingers? I got one in the traps/shoulder area and its a pain!

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    What do you mean?

jpeso is offline Junior Member
    nothing with time it will heal itself, gotta go easy on it

Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des View Post
    What do you mean?

A pain in the upper shoulder area, I call it a stinger, kinda feels like you pulled something.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry, I did not know the terminology. I was imagining a body builder trying to remove a bee stinger from their shoulder; but could not reach it with either hand due to size.

Now that I know what you mean, I tend to have a shoulder that acts up when lifting a certain amount of weight. It sucks because I would like to continue to build my shoulders, but have a difficulty increasing weight beyond a certain point.

If you are like me, you are always wanting to progress, and this often is achieved by increasing weights or reps over time. But if you have a shoulder than acts up, you have to gauge this differently that other areas now. You may have to lighten the weight a little and try more reps, and if that does not work, try less reps. If that doesnt work, less weight again. Even worse, you do not know if you need time for something to heal because if it hurts, something must be wrong, right? Give it a little time and care and you will be back in action.
    Good luck and I hope it is not ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des View Post
    Sorry, I did not know the terminology. I was imagining a body builder trying to remove a bee stinger from their shoulder; but could not reach it with either hand due to size.

Now that I know what you mean, I tend to have a shoulder that acts up when lifting a certain amount of weight. It sucks because I would like to continue to build my shoulders, but have a difficulty increasing weight beyond a certain point.

If you are like me, you are always wanting to progress, and this often is achieved by increasing weights or reps over time. But if you have a shoulder than acts up, you have to gauge this differently that other areas now. You may have to lighten the weight a little and try more reps, and if that does not work, try less reps. If that doesnt work, less weight again. Even worse, you do not know if you need time for something to heal because if it hurts, something must be wrong, right? Give it a little time and care and you will be back in action.
    Good luck and I hope it is not ongoing.
    I got mine doing dips! LOL It sucks!!! It still hurts like a mother!!!

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    You sure its a "stinger"? Stinger is a sharp sudden pain that feels like you got "stung" right in that area. After the initial sting it reduces to a burning sensation in the area and even down into the neighboring limb (such as your arm) for a minute or so. Then in resides. It can come back from time to time. I believe this is due to nerve damage in the area. We used to have ours treated by our trainers with Electronic stem treatment.

Does that sound like what you had? If its a nagging pain in the area, u may have a minor tear instead...

Thread Information