Thread: Wrist Injury

AcePowerZ is offline Member

Wrist Injury

This Happened 2weeks ago on friday or sat night Partying drunk as hell arm wrestling and heard 3 pops in my wrist. I go to the Hospital for Xrays. No Broke bones.... Diagnosis .,..... Sprained Wrist. The Doctor Says if there is no improvement in 2-3 weeks come back for surgery to repair the Tendons and ligements or whatnot.

Is there anything anyone knows about to further heal myself? I am taking suppliments for muscle repair but im not sure if this would help. All the doc says is put ice on it... nothing hot!!!

Anything else to help would be apprieciated seeings how I was (DB) curling 95 lbs now I struggle to get 5 reps with 25lbs. My wrist is F*cked

Bump

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Well first look at the external signs, you heard pops but those could have been anything from bones dislocating to tendons/ligaments snapping, so u have to look at the other symptoms for example:

1-is there a significant amount of swelling? this could be a sign of fracture in bone or tear in ligaments

2-Is there extreme pain? do u have normal range of motion? does it hurt when u do your normal daily activities like brushing your teeth or eating?

3-Can you lift with it?

4-Is there any bruising or unusual redness like internal bleeding , another sign of damaged tissue inside?

If the answer is no to all the above then man maybe you just have a minor dislocation not even a complete one, there are many many many small bones in your hand and at the connecting point of your hand and wrist, when they move out of place due to an extreme movement (arm wrestling) or force, then even the slightest movement could be impossible to put back into place because it might be too small for the doctor to notice.
    Its not that serious of an injury, but after u rest it a couple of weeks then do consider strengthening it with lower weights first and then moving up, the strengthening will help normalize its feel and function.

However if there are tears inside then u need surgery and thats another story.

Well its been over a month now and there is a slight improvement I am working out again but under very light weight and controlled movements. I went from concentration curls at 95lbs db now I am down to 25 lbs max 8 reps very slow controlled motion.

There is still pain on lifting this. This is why I can only get 8 reps.
    Should I put strain on my wrist to stretch these tendons more and get them use to lifting heavier weight or just continue lifting light untill i can get 20 reps of 25 and move up the weight?

I also have a cycle on hand Ive been waiting to start. Should I go ahead and start it? Will this help my recovery? Should I wait untill all is well. Mind you it has been over a month already..

Also there is still slight swelling but it has went down 90% from what it was.

Bump

N*E*R*D is offline Banned
    I'd wait until your recovered as starting a cycle injured could be a huge mistake as say 1-2 weeks in and your wrists packs up again you might have to halt your cycle which is a big pain in the backside, i know how much you been looking forward to starting a cycle so make sure you do right, a couple more weeks wont hurt

Diary of a Mad-man is offline Associate Member
    Same thing happened to me a year ago, arm wrestling drunk! I couldnt make a "turn the key in the ignition" motion for 3 months. Wrist pooped a shit ton and me and the guy just looked at each other, like we both knew something went awry.

I went to eckerds and bought a wrist brace they use for carpeltunnel. My doctor didnt help me at all. This injury seriously slowed my year down, so be easy on it.

Well I weighted about a month or 2 for the wrist to heal it wasnt completely healed when I started but I was ready to start my cycle. Anyhow My wrist seamed to be doing fine with Bench Pressing but it took me a good couple of weeks before i could (BB) curl. Now its been quite some time since the injury and I would have to say it is fine. There is one Cause of Concern though. Now when I bench Press I will start out massively light 150lbs then jump to about 210 after I start getting around 260 my wrist has a sharp pench in it like its a piece of bone trying to press through my skin. Now I had x-rays done when this happened and they said it wasnt broke but I dont know what else it could be? I do know it sux because I like to lift Heavy and I am having a difficult time doing so. Any Suggestiions on Getting rid of that Sharp pain?

Cephas84 is offline Associate Member
    buddy sounds like whats wrong with me i just had surgery for my tfcc and its not looking good i fear my bodybuilding run has come to an end the problem with these injuries are they heal poorley cuz of poor blood supply to that area =( is the pain on the pinky side of the hand and wrist by ulna bone?

Dinosaur is offline Member
    are you using any band wrists for support?

Thread Information