BIGDOGIRISH is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Shaving/Waxing spots/acne

Ok Im a hairy ape.
    Iv tried waxing my chest twice and broke out bad.
    Iv tried shaving my shoulders and triceps 3months ago and I still have some of the acne that appeared.

I'd really like to wax my chest again but Im to afraid of breaking out again especially as Im going on cycle soon and my back is still kinda messed up from last cycle(3months ago)

Im considering that cream stuff (veet or whatever)
    Anyone know if this would be a better option?
    Anyone else have this problem??

Anyone wish to help???? Please

r1456 is offline Junior Member
    i feel your pain tried waxing and a few other things i use veet now wiyh no probs at all

abbot138 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yup, same here bro, I feel for ya. Waxing isnt even an option anymore, I look like I have small pox for 3 weeks after.....Try shaving in the shower, hot water, use an exfoliating body scrub BEFORE shaving. Nizoral 2% has helped me with body acne in general, dries it out nice and good....Ummmm, what else... there is a thread on here if you can find for a homeade after shave that helped me with cuts and razor burn if you have that issue as well...Sensitive skin sucks, period.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    i use to get acne bad evertime i shaved my chest now it just comes up for couple days afterwords and only last couple days

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    the first time I waxed it was perfect, hurt like hell but no bumps. the second time, i was the small pox guy too. I thought becuase i had went to a huttub that next night??? I dunno but it made for a bad few months, I noticed the hair was growing back underneath the skin and not breaking through, I think there is a clinical name for that occurance. anyway shaving works great day 1 but I cant shave 2 days in a row to stay smooth because I get the nastiest razor burn if I shave within 3 days of shaving???? I can go against the grain the first time but after that it is razor burn central. I am really contimplating taking a chill pill and sitting down with some tweazers for an hour and a half and just pluck my whole chest/stomach

Right Im not going to risk waxing again as Im confident its just going to result in a break out.
    As said above-I guess its sensitive skin.
    Im not going to risk shaving either just in case.

I'll give the veet a try tomorrow and let you guys know how I get on.

Cheers

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i had a bad experience with nair so i stay away from that. don't leave it on too long, IT BURNS

i'm not hairy in general, like i haven't shaved my face in a month and you can barely tell, but i still shave the chest like once a week. i never get any acne or razor burn, the only thing is a cut here and there when i go too fast. just in the shower after using soap. i've only used shaving cream on my legs (for wrestling) and it felt smoother.

bittapart, you mean in-grown hairs? they are terrible

KZRSOIZE is offline Associate Member
    same here, i just tried that veet and it left a rash on elbow which looked liked a bunch of little zits....like someone above noted...shave in shower with hottt water shaving cream and a new razor....i wont try the wax, i sport a sweater year round i think it would hurt a little too much....good luck with the veet

Edgar is offline Associate Member
    cucumber melon from nair works good, nair has improved, I have sensetive skin and it only got red. I put aloe on it and it was perfect the next day. apply for 10 min take of with hot towel in a gentle circular motion. no rash no break out worked good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2 View Post
    the first time I waxed it was perfect, hurt like hell but no bumps. the second time, i was the small pox guy too. I thought becuase i had went to a huttub that next night??? I dunno but it made for a bad few months, I noticed the hair was growing back underneath the skin and not breaking through, I think there is a clinical name for that occurance. anyway shaving works great day 1 but I cant shave 2 days in a row to stay smooth because I get the nastiest razor burn if I shave within 3 days of shaving???? I can go against the grain the first time but after that it is razor burn central. I am really contimplating taking a chill pill and sitting down with some tweazers for an hour and a half and just pluck my whole chest/stomach
    LMAO!!! We are one in the same my man, I have the exact same shaving issue, sucks....Good luck with the tweezers, lol.

yeah Im friggin Magnum Pi over here bro, Steve Gutenburg even! Im wondering how long the tweazers will take?? Im trying tonite

yeah Im friggin Magnum Pi over here bro, Steve Gutenburg even! Im wondering how long the tweazers will take?? Im trying tonite
    LMAO!!! I refer to myself as Chubacca. Your SERIOUSLY trying the tweezers. Damn, long time. Ive used them to get a few straglers, doesnt hurt, its kinda fun actually.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    i just soak myself in gasoline. then light myself on fire. and hop in my pool right away. burns off all the hair. no razor burn or bumps. you may experience a slight peeling of the skin from the burn. but a little aloe goes a long way.

charlie20 is offline New Member
    If its within your budget, Lazor treatment I heard works real well. I'm a hairy dude too, but I think i'm lucky waxing is no trouble for me (so far). Good luck

bigcookie is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukkitdalaw View Post
    i just soak myself in gasoline. then light myself on fire. and hop in my pool right away. burns off all the hair. no razor burn or bumps. you may experience a slight peeling of the skin from the burn. but a little aloe goes a long way.
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

that cookie looks awesome in your avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why did you do that to me????OMG

Ok got a big bottle of Veet sensitive skin, hair removal cream with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E.

Hope this works. Im off to the shower

3v1lj03 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abbot138 View Post
    LMAO!!! I refer to myself as Chubacca. Your SERIOUSLY trying the tweezers. Damn, long time. Ive used them to get a few straglers, doesnt hurt, its kinda fun actually.
    Why don't you guys just go to one of those Indian hair removal places they pluck it out with a string. Might be fun to have some Indian chick plucking all your chest hair out.

Right the chest hair is gone.
    It wasnt to hard to use.
    Quite happy with the results. It seems to weaken the hair so even if you dont get it all - the remaining is very thin hairs. A little clean up with tweezers perhaps is needed.

Just gota wait and see if I break out by tomorrow.

doesnt the veet still leave you prickly? I did mens nair once and i was bit prickly, idnt serve its purpose IMO, I could have just used clippers with no guard and had the same effect. bump for more info

doesnt the veet still leave you prickly? I did mens nair once and i was bit prickly, idnt serve its purpose IMO, I could have just used clippers with no guard and had the same effect. bump for more info
    Yeah its still prickly but not as bad. The hairs are thinner I guess. The Veet kinda wears them down-corrodes them lol.

And if your refer back to my opening post you'll see its hopefully a solution to my problem.

Great. No break out of spots.
    Im pleased with the results. Im stubbly but its better than using a trimmer.
    Might need another application of the cream to really get it close but I'll wait a few days.
    There was a hugh amount of hair to begin with so guess it didnt penetrate all the way.
    And I figure the hair is already weakened so 2nd application should really work well.

SNUKA is offline Member
    i just buzz my chest with no guard on....you guys are bitching about chest hair let me know when u get back, trap and shoulder hair then the bitching begins shoulder hair stubble gets caught in your shirt and gets me all red and bumpy

testigator is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SNUKA View Post
    i just buzz my chest with no guard on....you guys are bitching about chest hair let me know when u get back, trap and shoulder hair then the bitching begins shoulder hair stubble gets caught in your shirt and gets me all red and bumpy
    Funny! Had a cotton polo shirt on yesterday and my lady said that I had hairs on my chest. She tried to brush them off and they didn't move so she pulled it...WHOOPS! It was my clippered chest hair poking through the shirt. Time to cut it again. Bad experience with nair and razor shaving gives me bumps for a week.

Thread Information