sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel

Good news for hairloss sufferes - Dutasteride now available

Hey guys you have prob seen me post a few times before about proscar/propecia. On Oct 9th the FDA approved a new drug Dutasteride for the treatment of enlarged prostate. This is the same course that finasteride took. It came out as a 5mg version for prostate enlargement and was sold a few years later in a 1mg version named propecia for hair loss. The smart people new its effects on hairloss and started taking proscar and splitting the pills before propecia came out.

This new drug Dutasteride, is known as Avodart and blocks substantially more DHT than proscar/propecia. It also blocks both types of DHT while proscar/propecia only block Type 2. People in the know about hairloss treatments have been dying for this stuff to hit pharmacies for over 2 years. It is now available.

If you want to do some research on it start here:
    http://hairsite2.com/library/article226.htm

There is a picture here from phase II clinical trials for hairloss:

http://www.regrowth.com/hair_loss_tr...de_avodart.cfm

Since it is just now becomming available it is really pricey but should come down soon.

I have done some research and there are a couple of options where you can do an online consultation and get the drug legally. The cheapest right now is http://www.medicalwellnesscenter.com/

They charge a consultation fee and when you are approved you get a perscription for 1 month supply and 5 refills mailed to you that you can take to any local pharmacy.

There is also a more pricey option with menspharmacy:

http://www.menspharmacy.com/product_avodart.html

They do the online consultation have the perscription filled and mail you the drug.

So far those are the two reputable companies out there offering this stuff.

Please do your reseach but this is a good day and I wish this stuff was around 10 years ago.

Later.

TrenFreak3 is offline Associate Member
    bump this up, man i need to keep my hair!!

mekler is offline Associate Member
    i'm only 20 and mine's goin already.. and the crappy thing is, i havent even done a cycle yet! god help me when i do, im just gonna bic my head and say to hell with it. i already shave it close but i'd like to be able to grow it out, oh well

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Would this hinder gains at all?

sp9
    dizzle, this is what I read on an FDA document:

The median increase in serum testosterone was 19% at
    both 1 and 2 years but remained within the physiologic range.

you can see the whole document here:

http://www.fda.gov/cder/foi/label/2002/21-319s1lbl.pdf

Special "K" is offline New Member
    Bald guy here...why do the effective treatments gotta have IMPOTENCE as a "rare" side effect? Knowing my luck, my thing will fall off after one pill.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Shit, knowing my luck I would end up with the "breast enlargement" rare side effect...

sp9
    funny, or not so funny. I have used proscar/propecia since 1998 and not had a problem. I guess the impotence comes from the effect on the prostate but when compared to placebo it only happens to an addtional 1% on large studies and if you stop you return to normal.

I went ahead and used that medical wellness center website. Paid $49 for an online consultation and was emailed that I was approved. Should get a perscription in the mail in the next few days that is good for 6 months worth. On the refills they charge you about $75 consultation but give you enough refills for an addtional 12 months. Seems reasonable. I am hoping the monthly cost will come down. I have called around to different pharmacies and the cheapest I have found for 30 is $72 at Sam's Club.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Originally posted by scottp999
    funny, or not so funny. I have used proscar/propecia since 1998 and not had a problem. I guess the impotence comes from the effect on the prostate but when compared to placebo it only happens to an addtional 1% on large studies and if you stop you return to normal.

I went ahead and used that medical wellness center website. Paid $49 for an online consultation and was emailed that I was approved. Should get a perscription in the mail in the next few days that is good for 6 months worth. On the refills they charge you about $75 consultation but give you enough refills for an addtional 12 months. Seems reasonable. I am hoping the monthly cost will come down. I have called around to different pharmacies and the cheapest I have found for 30 is $72 at Sam's Club.
    I've heard a lot of good things about this stuff I hope it lives up to the hype!! Keep us posted SP! BTW I also used the medical wellness center to get the script, but I am going to ask my GP to write a script next time I have my checkup. That is the cheapest/best way to do it IMO.

Peace,
    CC

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    to be honest im sceptical, looking at its mechanisms and how it blocks circulating test converting to dht at both type 1 and 2 5AR then what would be the point in using test at all, its dht what is 3-5 x stronger than circulating test, and what gives maximum gains, its much stronger in binding to the androgen receptor. Its kinda like exercising and eating a shit load of junk food in my book, pointless

peace

sp9
    Thanks for the input. I got my script yesterday so it only took a couple of days.

I am really siked about trying this stuff, if it works only say 15% better than proscar/propecia it could really thicken things up a bit more.

As far as gains in the gym being impacted I will let you know if it seems that it is a negative. I really have different goals than most people on the board though. I just workout for health and fitness and not really to bodybuild although I do try to keep getting stronger every month.

Thread Information