Dank1447 is offline Junior Member

accutane users please read

went to my dermatologist last week and she prescribed accutane(fucking post cycle acne) and took blood work. went today and her secretary(she was not in) said liver values were a little high and to take 20mg a day. does this does seem a little low, i weigh about 190 and it says normal doses are .5-1mg per kg, which would be 40-80mg per day. do you think it is from the elevated liver values (took bloodwork day after drinking)? i heard 20mg will do same as 40-80mg, just not as well long term, any ideas?

durbin22 is offline Member
    When I started Accutane I weighed 193 and took 80mg/day. I am still on Accutane but now weigh 229lbs. The dosage depends on your weight and the severity of your acne. How bad is your acne? Mine got bad from a previous test cycle. My back, chest and shoulders broke out out real bad. For your weight that dosage does seem low but what do you expect when you go out drinking when you have a test the next morning.

Dank1447 is offline Junior Member
    well, acne not that bad, none on back and shoulders just in the face, doc recommended accutane b/c i have bben on monocycline and retin a which stopped being as effective, due to my body getting used to the antibiotics, my theory is she will increae dosage next check up to 40mg, and then up to 80mg, read this will help reduce the sides(gradual increase), i am going to give her a call today, thanks

Thread Information