operationgetbig is offline Senior Member

a.r.t active release technique

i just start a.r.t for my left arm. i developed an overuse injury and did some damage to my tendons. i took a couple months off and i feel a lot better but still have an annoying linguring pain when i lift. it's like a dull achey pain pretty much throughout my left arm. i had one session so far with a.r.t. today is my second.

does anyone have any thoughts on active release technique and it's effectiveness....or is this just some sort of voodoo doctor placebo effect thing. so far i can't tell too much of an improvement. my doc seems to think after 3 visits it'll be 75% better...we'll see. i'm skeptical.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    A.R.T. Is used by many different health practicioners, all the way from PT's Orthpods to chiropractors. To become certified the individual needs to go through several very rigorous training modules as well as pay a very hefty fee for each. Then the person must re-certain every year. It is one of the very best techniques for athletes, Being that I have worked in athletic in the past I have first hand experience both watching done to athletes and having it done on myself. For me it worked very well and most everyone responds well to it. It's not really a sketchy deal either. The training manuals and books I have seen are pretty much anatomy and physiology books mixed with different ways to say treat piriforms syndrome and sciatic pain just for example. IM not into a lot of these different training or therapies out there. But I do think that A.R.T. Has a very useful place in injury treatment.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Regular guy is offline Junior Member
    I've seen it done and assisted a couple of times on a buddy. He said it felt better afterwards.

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    ive had it done on my front delt and peck minor, its worth every dollar

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    had my third treatment today. my arm is gettin a lil better. definitely not 100% yet though...probably gonna do 3 more treatments and take it from there. i think a.r.t has and will help and that i need to ease up a lil bit on the heavy weights for a while and let myself recover 100%

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    i fought with inner and outer elbow pain with both elbows for 4 years! i tried to treat my self with otc crap,exercises and rest with no improvement i finally started ART and could tell the difference after the first session,i kept training while going to ART and started increasing my intensity after the first week,i feel that i will never be 100% over this but what i will call it is 95-100% over it with a flare up from time to time.

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    My buddy is a chrio done it on me i think it's great combined with other modalities. Not one thing can cure all.

Thread Information