Thread: Hips

AllAlone is offline Junior Member

Hips

I'm still getting back into deadlifting and squatting, so my workouts are not crazy right now. I stretch and wram up prior to squats and deads but I've developed a click in my left hip, it constantly feels like it going to pop and my right hip just hurts all the time. I'm mainly training with box squats with a wide stance and I deadlift sumo style...that probably has something to do with it but I thought I should ask. Thanks.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    i dont think anyone on here can pinpoint something for you,there are always clicks and creaks in this game but if you are having pain all the time i would get it checked out.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAlone View Post
    I'm still getting back into deadlifting and squatting, so my workouts are not crazy right now. I stretch and wram up prior to squats and deads but I've developed a click in my left hip, it constantly feels like it going to pop and my right hip just hurts all the time. I'm mainly training with box squats with a wide stance and I deadlift sumo style...that probably has something to do with it but I thought I should ask. Thanks.

Yeah, thats prob it. I just started about a month ago doing both these moves and never had a problem with my hips and now I got same thing you do. I would try switching out the sumo for some conventional DL for a while. Maybe even close up your stance on box squats for a bit. Try foam rolling it and maybe some ICE?

AllAlone is offline Junior Member
    After last week the pain is the worst after deadlifts...guess i should back off on those a little. I hate being injury prone...it's haunted me my whole life (add violins here).

sean_holland is offline Associate Member
    My everything hurts all the time. Elbows, Shoulders, Neck, Lower Back, Hips, Knees, etc etc.

But my vanity cares very little about my bullshit problems so I just power through and resolve to myself that I will be a crippled mofo at 60 years old.

Thread Information