Jfew44 is offline Senior Member

Tanning lotion help

I've been hitting the tanning bed lately and I jeep paying outrageous prices for lotion. Now this stuff really does work alot better than tanning without lotion. I was just wondering where you guys buy your lotion. Is this something I can get at walmart or something? They charge like 4 bucks for a single use packet so I was just looking to save a little money. Any help??

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    bump i need some to.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    I always look at those prices in the tanning place and just laugh, upwards of $30 and $40 for a small bottle and even more. You know they are marking them up like 100% too.

If anyone knows where to get some of the good stuff cheap I am interested as well. It does work, but I won't be paying those ridiculous prices anytime soon.

Here is a place...

http://www.tanninglotionsource.com/

Even there most are still like 30 bucks. I would rather go tanning more than have to deal with all that and still get just as dark.
    Last edited by bigslick7878; 09-14-2010 at 01:33 PM.

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    As someone who sells the stuff, I'll start with this:

Stick with the better brands. They are: Designer Skin, Playboy, Supre, and Hempz.

Yes, this stuff can increase your tanning results up to 50 percent, but most tanning places think they can charge you out the arse.

It's a quantity thing; I buy in larger quantities for my salon, so I can get my lotions at almost half the cost of others; most times we pass it on, sometimes we dont.

Anyway, your best bet is to check around; stay away from the larger national chains; they are told what to sell and how much. The better mom and pop places can sometimes cut you a deal.

And NO, you can't buy anything at Walmart. Another place to look is at a cosmetic store like Sally's; they sometimes have good stuff on the shelves. Just make sure when you smell it it isn't rancid; make sure you feel it - shouldn't be watery; and when you shake the bottle it sounds full.

If all else fails, I'll hook you guys up.

LGM
    And NEVER buy off the internet unless you trust the source. It's just like gear; guys can get the empty bottles and repackage with shite. Just be careful.

Jfew44 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks bro I'll try and find some places

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    As someone who sells the stuff, I'll start with this:

Stick with the better brands. They are: Designer Skin, Playboy, Supre, and Hempz.

Yes, this stuff can increase your tanning results up to 50 percent, but most tanning places think they can charge you out the arse.

It's a quantity thing; I buy in larger quantities for my salon, so I can get my lotions at almost half the cost of others; most times we pass it on, sometimes we dont.

Anyway, your best bet is to check around; stay away from the larger national chains; they are told what to sell and how much. The better mom and pop places can sometimes cut you a deal.

And NO, you can't buy anything at Walmart. Another place to look is at a cosmetic store like Sally's; they sometimes have good stuff on the shelves. Just make sure when you smell it it isn't rancid; make sure you feel it - shouldn't be watery; and when you shake the bottle it sounds full.

If all else fails, I'll hook you guys up.
    Since we have an expert in the house, what is one particular lotion that offers the best bang for the buck out of those brands you mentioned?

LGM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    Since we have an expert in the house, what is one particular lotion that offers the best bang for the buck out of those brands you mentioned?
    Depends really. If you don't mind smelling like a woman, there are a ton of great lotions.

If you're looking to smell like a guy, I'd go with the following:

Hero Worship by Designer Skin
    Hempz Black label accelerator or bronzer
    Smile Your Darker by Designer Skin

If smell isn't really a factor...

Smile by Designer Skin (not the same as above)
    Hustle by Designer skin (should be about 20 bucks, good entry level bronzer)
    Secret Rapture by Designer Skin (I've used this one a lot)
    Radically Hemp By Protan (not a bad starter, pretty inexpensive)

If there are any that a particular salon pushes you go to, let me know. I'll be happy to tell you what they likely paid for it, and if they're telling you the truth about it.

Happy Tanning!

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    Depends really. If you don't mind smelling like a woman, there are a ton of great lotions.

If you're looking to smell like a guy, I'd go with the following:

Hero Worship by Designer Skin
    Hempz Black label accelerator or bronzer
    Smile Your Darker by Designer Skin

If smell isn't really a factor...

Smile by Designer Skin (not the same as above)
    Hustle by Designer skin (should be about 20 bucks, good entry level bronzer)
    Secret Rapture by Designer Skin (I've used this one a lot)
    Radically Hemp By Protan (not a bad starter, pretty inexpensive)

If there are any that a particular salon pushes you go to, let me know. I'll be happy to tell you what they likely paid for it, and if they're telling you the truth about it.

Happy Tanning!
    Thanks man, appreciate it.

Thread Information