ricky23 is offline Junior Member

shoulder twisted/strained

hi everyone, yesterday i was doing behind the neck shoulder presses on the smith machine when i felt my shoulder twist/strain. the pain wasnt bad but uncomfortable so i worked through it then later when i got home i couldnt move my arm outwards or even do a bicep pose without the feeling of a strain.
    i have a pec injury so i train delts twice a week, i normally do 120kg behind the neck with a spot without a problem but this time i didnt have a spot and i think i over exerted myself. the pain is hard to pin point as it feels like a twist and i cant locate it specificly but its getting really uncomfortable. how long do you think a twist takes to heal? i had it massaged also. ive had alot of injuries like torn muscles but not an obvious twist like this. thanks

Whitecollar10 is offline Junior Member
    Rotator cuff, perhaps?

sleggio is offline New Member
    is the pain deep in the joint or does it feel like it is in one of the deltoid muscles? If it's joint, it will take much longer to heal. Can you do side laterals and front laterals? For me, if i can move it without too much pain, i will go for very light weights, sets of 25-30 reps to keep it moving and the blood flowing.

Thread Information