tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

...Dayum...i made a Mistake (sigh).

About 4 weeks ago,...i decided to try running in short bursts and then speed walking (a fat burning technique i'm sure you heard about). I felt no pain while doing this routine. I did it for about 20 mins. Running...then walking. Left the Gym shortly there after with no pain.

The following day my left knee was bothering me (*the pain seems to be coming from right BEHIND the knee...WEIRD?).

After 4 weeks...my left knee is STILL bothering me. When i sit for long periods...it feels a little numb....When i get up from my Desk...after working for a 1 hr period or more...i walk with a limp for about 30 seconds...THEN...i'm FINE! (pain from behind the knee makes my knee feel NUMB...but then its fine).

The Pain feels like its coming from DIRECTLY behind the knee (not the front)....

WEIRD ? ?

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

PS. Your constructive input is greatly appreciated.

~T
    Last edited by tcw; 04-11-2011 at 12:08 PM.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I`m no expert but have hurt my knee when running on concreate in sort of the same way, it seemed fine until the next day where the pain came and didn`t go away for a couple weeks. I`m not really sure mine was behind the knee so I guess this doesn't really help. You might want to get it checked out if it doesn`t get better soon.

tcw
    ^ ^ ^
    The only way to determine if there is any damage is MRI. And if there is damage...i ain't getting surgery unless i can't walk. Most Surgeons Screw people up with the knees...and since this seems to be BEHIND the knee...i'm not sure what a Dr. Can do (sigh).

..the problem is more of a Annoying pain that only comes when i sit for a long period.

I did some legs curls at the gym tonight...and i noticed a "sharp pain" behind the left knee...like at the very bottom of my hamstring.

Wonder what the hell this is ? ?

Ladyblahblah is offline Female Member
    When you said that it becomes numb it made me think it could possibly be nerve related...maybe?? I, too, would have it checked out. I understand your not wanting to have surgery but it could be something like the pressing of a nerve or a bone spur. It could be something very simple and just need to rest it. If you find out what it is you will at least know what you can do to deter from injuring it any further.

Cloe85 is offline Female Member
    I agree with a few things...

Dont do any cardio or weights training that involve your legs

See an orthopedic dr and have him tell you it is or isnt ok.

There are some very good surgeon out there that specialize in knees. I wouldnt pick any ol one you find. Id get recommendations from people and from some of your other drs. Ask them who they would go see if something like that happened to them.

If it turns out to be something that needs to be surgically repaired, once you find the proper surgeon... ask lots of questions and risk %.

I mean, if it hurts and inhibbits your life now ... and will continue to for the rest of you life... thats a pretty bleek future

Personally, I would take the risk to have my life back.

My husband had 2 total knee replacements and now he can work out, train, ride without pain... where before the surgeries, he had trouble just getting up and down the stairs and workouts were very hard.

It was a risk yes. And it worked out for him. Thankfully

I hope its just a strain or pull,
    good luck

tcw
    Thanks guys !

No inflammation...no bruising...no swelling...and the pain is not consistent.

I did figure out one thing...its not the knee...but the muscles BEHIND THE KNEE.

Right at the hinge, and at the upper Top Calf Area.

Could be a damaged muscle from that RUNNING.

Man..i will never run again unless i have to. Keep away from the High impact exercising....getting to old that s!@t!

Don't have all the answers yet. I will give it some time and maybe try a cycle of HGH. HGH has really helped heal my injuries in the past.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This wont be of any help because I dont know what really fixed it. I had not been very active for a long time. Went on a hike up a small mountain and on the way down my knees where killing me. They hurt for months. I think almost a year off and on. One day I had to jump off something only about 2 feet high and dreaded the landing thinking I might fvck them up but the jar to both of them sort of snapped something and they have been good ever since. 10+ years. Yes strange.

tcw
    thanks ppl.

...i traced the pain to an area behind the knee...up towards the Top of the Calf Muscle (which would make sense because of the Sprinting). So its not the actual knee joint itself...but rather the muscle's directly BEHIND THE KNEE...

Weird Indeed ! ! !

Still hurts...but not nearly as much. I'm goin to continue with the Stretching.

Any ideas on how to increase circulation in that Area?

nucka574 is offline New Member
    sounds like popliteus injury.. muscle behind knee controls rotation of knee.. I hurt that muscle snowboarding takes a long long long time to heal.. over a year for me...

tcw
    thanks Nucka....

i will check into that (dayum...i hope its not too bad).

Quote Originally Posted by nucka574 View Post
    sounds like popliteus injury.. muscle behind knee controls rotation of knee.. I hurt that muscle snowboarding takes a long long long time to heal.. over a year for me...

Thread Information