ChunkDiesel is offline New Member

Serious shoulder pain years after dislocation

I dislocated my shoulder when I was 17. I was in a fight and swung really hard with my left and completely missed, and my shoulder dislocated. It popped out a few times in the following months. I had it X-rayed shortly after and everything came back ok. It took a long time for the pain to go away, probably a year or 2 to feel 100%.

I have only been lifting for about 3 years now and I am 24 years old now. For the past year the pain in my shoulder has been steadily increasing. During the day I have very mild pain, maybe a 1 out of 10. The problem comes when I work out. The most painful exercise is reverse flys on the pec deck. The pain increases as my arms go farther back and in the last 25% of the motion I feel and hear this crazy crunching type of noise. It also feel like it wants to pop out of socket again.

It does hurt really bad when i work out, but it does not effect the amount of weight I can push. But as I am becoming more defined, there are obvious(to me) misbalances on the left side.

But the real problem is that lately the pain has been waking me up in the morning. I don't think it has anything to do with the position I am laying in, but the fact that I am in a horizontal position for such a long time. It's not every morning, but probably 3 or 4 days out of the week. I usually take 800mgs of ibuprofen and lay back down and I can go back to sleep.

The pain is on the back side, and it also hurts very badly when I do shoulder cuff exercises, even with no weight at all. The range of motion is also limited on the side on most pulling exercises.

Sorry for this being such a long post, but it is kinda hard to explain what is going on. And I would like to avoid going to the doctor is possible.

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    You need to see the Doc most likely not related to early problem but could be. He will want to MRI and X rays only way to get any idea about what is going on.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    see a sports medicine dr not a gp. A genreal practitioner wont give you the best advise on that

Thread Information