optionsdude is offline Member

umbilical hernia

Anyone know what the recovery time would be for an umbilical hernia? The more weight I lose the more this thing is sticking out. I've just made so much progress this last year with losing weight and building some good mass I am waiting as long as I can to get it fixed.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I dont remember, I was only a couple of months old when I had mine fixed. LOL

Darksyde is offline Member
    i had one fixed at the same time as an inguinal, it was several months out of the gym and then getting back into slowly for more months.

Good one LB! Geeze Darksyde I didn't want to hear the word months. Did they do the Kevlar mesh on your hernias?

yea man i have a piece on both sides.

I don't mind being off of work for a few months but being out of the gym and off work will involve alot of cardio. How much bedrest? When could you start walking any distance?

Mitefuttjen is offline New Member

how to purchase Detrol online without rx

purchase online Artane without prescription order Allegra-d without rx from us pharmacy purchase Hyzaar no visa without prescription Cheap Tegretol without a prescription purchase Zetia amex online without prescription purchase Levaquin cod next day delivery purchase Ilosone online with overnight delivery buy online Adalat Cc without rx

Wow I haven't heard anyone mention artanes since high school.

hey man, for my umbilical hernia i had it repaired at the same time as my first inguinal hernia, and recovering from that surgery took way longer than when i had the other side inguinal fixed a few years later. the conclusion i drew from that was that the umbilical surgery had a lot to do with the extended recovery time, they are operating on basically the center of your stomach/abs, so any move you try to make is going to hurt like hell because you always use your stomach muscles when you initiate a body movement.
    so to answer your other questions, that surgery i wasn't really moving for almost a week, getting to the bathroom is pretty ****ing rough the first few weeks. after about a month i think i was able to walk around pretty normally but i stayed out of the gym for about 3 months then got back in really slowly. And they dont put the mesh in the for the umbilical hernia, they just stitch those up.

lenoAbell is offline New Member

Watch Entire Modern Family - Season Two Film

Download Saw 7 Film Legally Watch The Entire Film Of Kick-Ass Movie Download The Hangover Part II (LQ) download Machete film legal the Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son film online watch made Human Target - Season Two download download The Green Hornet The Adjustment Bureau film part Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I Official Trailer Human Target - Season Two Full Lenght Film In Pda Format Download Unknown Movie In Hd Buy The Just Go with It Film

Quote Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
    hey man, for my umbilical hernia i had it repaired at the same time as my first inguinal hernia, and recovering from that surgery took way longer than when i had the other side inguinal fixed a few years later. the conclusion i drew from that was that the umbilical surgery had a lot to do with the extended recovery time, they are operating on basically the center of your stomach/abs, so any move you try to make is going to hurt like hell because you always use your stomach muscles when you initiate a body movement.
    so to answer your other questions, that surgery i wasn't really moving for almost a week, getting to the bathroom is pretty ****ing rough the first few weeks. after about a month i think i was able to walk around pretty normally but i stayed out of the gym for about 3 months then got back in really slowly. And they dont put the mesh in the for the umbilical hernia, they just stitch those up.
    Thanks for the info. Man I am not looking forward to this. I'm gonna have it done at the first of the year. At least it will be raining outside and not nice. I have a very physical job so I guess I'll be out of that for 3-4 months as well. Not so concerned about the job it's my active personal life that I'm concerned about.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You could speed up the healing process with Var and peptides.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I had and upper ab insisional hernia years ago, got a mesh ~recovery many months, only to notice a hernia 2years out (hurt in diff possitions, but could live w/o getting fixed) had it schedualed to fix DEC 2010, they opend me up and found MULTIPLE hernias and the previous mesh all tangled up in me. They remeshed me fixing all hernias....4months later I could tell I had another henria (ot 1 was missed) and my abs were shot (to this day I cant do 1/2 the core exersizes I could before the surgery) to hell after my last surgery (not to mention my pretty 7" scar down my tummy now). Cant get another surgry for at least a year but I almost dont care or want one cuz the recovery is so painful and long, and Im no better/worce after these stupid fvcking surgeries.
    After research I found ALOT of dif mesh have been recalled and people are opting to live w hernias reather than fix/or they are sewing the herinas into the ab mucsels... I would suggest buying a body wrap to use after the surgery also talk w your surgan about mesh recalls and other altern way to fix hernias. ~best of luck!

Sexy thanks for the info. It is only uncomfortable once in a while doesn't really hurt. However the more wieght I lose the more it pokes out. I am constantly having to push it back in and I am worried about it getting worse. I am choosing the first of the year do to the way disability insurance works in my state. I am good about interviewing dr's and asking as many questions as I can. I always take a notebook other wise I forget what to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    You could speed up the healing process with Var and peptides.
    What peptides would you recommend Bonaparte?

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    I had an umbillical and they fixed it with mesh. I was out of the gym for 6 weeks. Took it slow for 2 after that and was back hitting it hard after a total of 8 weeks.

Im83931 thats the story I wanted to hear. We are all dfferent and heal differently. My father in law had one done and recovered fast. However, he is not active and sits at a desk so I can't compare myself to him for this kind of recovery.

Bump for those with hernia experience. I see the doc on the 26th and I want to grill him about rate of success. I also feel guilty about hijacking a thread about T3 in the HRT section.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have an umbilical hernia and am not looking forward to getting it fixed. Doesn't hurt at all or cause any discomfort but I know I will need to get it fixed sometime. I will probably stay on a low dose of test with peptides during recovery and maybe some var.

Too Little Muscles is offline New Member
    I have an umbilical hernia, but am waiting to find out more about extra cellular matrix. They repaired a man's trachea with that. Grew part of a new finger and grew new skin with it. I hope rather than the mesh, they might be able to use this.They take a pig's bladder and scrape all the cells off and what you have left is the extra cellular matrix.Then they put some of your own stem cells on it and it grows into a new body part. I saw this on a Nat Geo program. The company that makes it is called Polypore.

No F'ing way! I think I'll go with the sew me up method that darksyde mentioned above. I've got metal in my body already I don't know about adding pig bladders to the list.

Okay met with surgeon today and he said no mesh they're gonna stitch it up. He said no heavy lifting for 4 weeks. As someone above mentioned I think I'll hold out for 6-8 weeks before I really test it out.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    I was in Hospital for 2 weeks and then 4 months latter i got the all clear to SLOWLY start excising
    6 months latter I'm still pretty paranoid

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    mine was never fixed. and no issues either. just looks like a "bubble" that comes with bubble wrap packing material

yeah, it looks goofy, but it matches the rest of me

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Yer mine was the size of a grape fruit and hurt like a mofo

Gym_ is offline Banned
    This is my brother in law like 2 removed or some shit ... Hernia baby ... all i got to say is at lest the manage to cut my strait and across not up

Holy macaroni! The dr said small incision. That doesn't look small to me

Had to postpone surgery until may. Will keep you guys posted.Times yours sounds like mine it's about the size of a quarter most of the time but some times it pushes out farther and is painful at times.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    year do that... but if its that small it doesn't sound terribly exciting... as i said mine was the size of a grape fruit,,, and the bloke in the pic his was wrapped around his intestines and was strangulated

I had to postpone due to the way disability works in my state. When yours was the size of a grapefruit could you still push it back in?

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Oww fuk no ... just giving it a poke would make ya screem

Okay thats much more painful than my experience. Your response had me laughing.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    I had a hernia in my groin that I got fixed with the mesh. Healing was the most painful experience of my life, but I had little choice. My abdominal wall was ripped open so much that every time I bent over, I had to push my intestines back into my groin. It took me at least four months to feel comfortable with working out again, and even then I had to be careful about applying pressure to the groin.

During the first 2-3 weeks post surgery, I would wake up in so much pain that I would assume the fetal position until my pain killers kicked in. As well, every time I pissed, it hurt so bad that I cried, but that was from the catheter I believe. They really ripped the inside of my johnson with that thing.

Geeze I guess it would benefit me to be on a liquid diet. I couldn't imagine trying to push out a big old turd. BBrian glad to hear the mesh worked for you have heard some horror stories. I had neck surgery a few years back and they put me on a liquid diet. They said straining to push one out could put too much strain on my neck. So I had yogurt and soup for 2 weeks, and then graduated to oatmeal. My throat was messed up as well since they just pull your trachea to the side with some sort hook for hours during the surgery. Its all good now though. Well except for the lump above my belly button.

Finally got a date for the surgery. Will update again after they stitch me back up

Okay had surgery last week and the first 3 days after the surgery were awfull. I've been through some pain but that was more painful than my neck surgery. No matter how I moved or laid down the pain was intense. I actually had to take a full Percocet every 4-6 hours. Still had a hard time sleeping. I can usually take a half a Percocet 2-3 times a day on any pain and be all right,but this was different. They only used stitches and no mesh so I think it's going to hold with no problems. Meet with dr in the next few days and find out when I can start doing something,I'm starting to get bored.

Thread Information