Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: Burning shoulders

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member

Burning shoulders

Shoulders starting bother me a few weeks ago, but it's different from shoulder injuries I've had in the past. They really don't bother me till I lay in the bed, then they get a burning feeling, no matter how I lay. I feel like I'm stressing as I'm steadily increasing weight, just not sure if I'm at risk of injury. It feels kinda like a neck crick, but all over both shoulders
    Last edited by guitarzan; 06-21-2017 at 07:37 PM.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You may need to back off for awhile. If you are having pain your body is trying to tell you something. Try some ibuprofen before bed and see if that helps. Evaluate your movements too. You are doing something either volume related or a movement that is stressing your shoulders. Don't continue down this path. Do something about it before you regret it.
    Quester likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yea, I was trying to stay away from ibuprofen, don't wanna stress my liver. However, a back issue is making me take them, but shoulders are feeling better now! Started backing off a little, I think that's gonna do the trick

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ibuprofen isn't nearly as bad as acetaminophen (Tylenol). As long as you have something in your stomach when you take ibuprofen you shouldn't have any issues. It's not bad for your liver unless you take high doses for a long period of time. You can always try Naproxen (Aleve) if you want. I've just always had better results with ibuprofen.

Thread Information