Wolv256 is offline Associate Member

Does Ketoconazol shampoo limit your strength gains?

Do Ketoconazol shampoos like Nizoral or others restrict your strength gains? I've heard they can help remove DHT from the skin, which helps limit hairloss and acne and is also antifungal, so can help prevent stuff like athlete's foot or tinea versicolor, so i use it all over my body and leave it on for a little bit. My question is will this limit your strength, as it reduces DHT. Can that hurt your muscles and make you weaker as it's in a sense, anti Deca ?

oscarjones is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolv256 View Post
    Do Ketoconazol shampoos like Nizoral or others restrict your strength gains? I've heard they can help remove DHT from the skin, which helps limit hairloss and acne and is also antifungal, so can help prevent stuff like athlete's foot or tinea versicolor, so i use it all over my body and leave it on for a little bit. My question is will this limit your strength, as it reduces DHT. Can that hurt your muscles and make you weaker as it's in a sense, anti Deca?
    Short answer, no. The Ketoconazole shampoo (Nirzoal) won't really be absorbed past the epidermis of your scalp, and isn't strong enough to have effects on DHT receptors located elsewhere in your body. There is, however, an oral version of the drug, which works at combating systemic fungal infections and can lower testosterone production.

Thread Information