Thread: Genetic acne

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Genetic acne

Is there anything to solve my genetic acne besides accutane? The only choice I am left with is going to the dermatologist to maybe get prescribed pharm grade accutane. I have been running a sponsor's accutane, and who knows it is in those small pills. Another suggestion is right when I am done with weights/cardio go right to the spa at the gym instead of driving home then waiting to get into the shower.

Big Bacto is offline Junior Member
    I heard of something called acne annihilation , I haven't tried it but I hear good stories about it . Also getting a lot of tan and staying out in the sun seems to really help .

Soviet-Strength is offline Junior Member
    proactiv refining mask, vitamin A (50,000 - 75,000) iu's, zinc very good for clear skin, also try avocado n oatmeal clay mask, one tablespoon honey, half a teaspoon cinnamon powder, drop of lemon mix in bowl or cup (let sit on face for 5 minutes rinse off with warm water) twice a week.

abstetic is offline Banned
    1) but this product called thoroughly clean face was at vitamin shoppee

2) use organic apple cider viniger as a toner 2x a day

3) take vitamin b5 supplements

4) shower after workout then go in steam room or sauna then rinse ur self off again

5) tann

6) avoid touching your face

7) change your pillow once a week

8) buy a face mask called Aztec healing mask

All I got .... Do all this and ull be acne free

blacksmoke is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ramacher View Post
    Is there anything to solve my genetic acne besides accutane? The only choice I am left with is going to the dermatologist to maybe get prescribed pharm grade accutane. I have been running a sponsor's accutane, and who knows it is in those small pills. Another suggestion is right when I am done with weights/cardio go right to the spa at the gym instead of driving home then waiting to get into the shower.
    How much were you running a day out of curiosity?
    We're you getting any sides?
    I just started about 3 weeks ago and could tell pretty quick it was legit. I guess it can be hit or miss.

blacksmoke is offline Associate Member
    Just noticed the date on your original post.
    How did everything work out?

oscarjones is offline Banned
    I run 20mg/day of isotretinoin when i break out or when im starting a blast...

Sometimes I hit the tane at 40mg/day for the first few days then drop it down to 20mg/day then sometimes i maintain with 10mg/day minimum if i feel i need to... I dont run it for longer than a few months at a time... and i take liver supps to help.

ExSciGuy is offline Junior Member
    Ever see commercials on T.V. for the class action lawsuits against the makers of accutane? If not they are out there and there is a good reason why.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ramacher
    I'm prone to, it just runs in the family my mother is 51 and still gets acne..

I took accutane from my dermo for 5 1/2 months..

Started at 20mgs twice a day, I went to having about 200 break outs to about 10 in that first month

Than she bumped me up to 30mg twice a day and told me I needed to go a whole month without a breakout and than I can get off

Than month 3 was bumped up to 40mgs twice a day, liver and cholesterol went out of wack so was off for 2 weeks

Than back on 30mg twice a day for a month..

Currently I get maybe 1 pimple on my face every few weeks, before was like 10-20 a day all over my back, chest and face

Maybe you need to up your dose first, than maybe back down
    Last edited by FONZY007; 06-20-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Thread Information