Fartdaemon is offline Member

Hairloss from Test

Hey guys my hair has been thinning a fair amount from sustanon , one of my friends told me that when your done and your natural test kicks back in your hair thinkens back to normal, any truth to this??
    let mek now, Fart

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Depends... sometimes you can have stress/cycle related hairloss that will come back after the cycle. However if you are prone to mpb than most likely it is not this.

raoul3 is offline Associate Member
    I'm prone to MPB, pretty much all the males are in my family are (or were) bald. So I must be extremely careful during test cycle as I really look ugly with no hair... I'm on right now and using spiro cream 5 %. It's been only a few weeks but I like it a LOT!! Hair feels thicker and I haven't noticed any unusual loss.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    More test converts to more dht. If your hair is sensitive to dht then it will reduce the growing period and thickness of your hair. That damage really can't be reversed just by ending your cycle. What you have done is sped up the balding process. If you just go off test then when you are back to normal you will continue to follow a pattern of hair loss, just you will get balder faster.

What most people have to do to slow, stop, and or slightly reverse male pattern baldness is to take a DHT inhibitor. Proscar (1.25mg) inhibits about 65% of type 2 DHT. Avodart (.5mg) inhibits about 94% type 2 DHT and 50% of type 1. See the DHT suppression chart I attached. You will see that 5mg finasteride(Proscar), can not come close to the .5mg avodart and finasteride is usually only used at 1mg or 1.25mg so it is even weaker than the 5mg dose that is shown.

Proscar stopped my hairloss completely from Aug 1998 to Dec 2002. Have been taking Avodart since Dec 12th 2002 and I am seeing moderate regrowth through month 5.

BACKGROUND
    Androgenetic alopecia (AGA), also known as male pattern hair loss
    (MPHL), is the most common form of hair loss, affecting approximately
    50% of Caucasians over the age of 40 years (1). In males, AGA can begin as early as late adolescence; however, the usual onset is at around the age of 30 years (1). AGA results from naturally circulating androgens which progressively transform large terminal scalp follicles to smaller vellus ones, thus resulting in a visibly less dense scalp (2).
    Testosterone is the major circulating androgen in the body, but must be
    converted to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) via the enzyme 5a-reductase in
    order to be active in the skin (3). Studies have shown that men with 5areductase deficiency do not develop AGA (3,4). Therefore, 5a-reductasein inhibitors have been evaluated for the treatment of AGA due to their ability to inhibit the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (3,5). Two isoforms of 5a-reductase are known, referred to as type 1 and type 2. Type 2 is predominately located in human genital tissue. Type 1 is distributed through the body, and predominates in the skin and scalp. (3)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hairloss from Test-dht-reduction_graph.gif  

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    If I had hair I wouldn't touch AS...but since I'm genetically challenged in that area I don't need to care about hair loss from AS.
    Last edited by Money Boss Hustla; 05-11-2003 at 04:37 PM.

Gettin'Old is offline Associate Member
    Hi All. I'm on my first cycle, test 300mg/week and, although my wife thinks I'm crazy and paranoid, I'm quite certain I've lost a lot of hair. It comes out everytime I run my hand through my hair and I'm seeing it everywhere. Also, my head itches like crazy. I've got nizoral, spiro and azelaic acid on the way and hope that helps. I'm in my third week of this first cycle and am discontinuing b/c of the hair loss issue.

I want now to use an AAS that is not so hard on the hair. I'm under the understanding that deca (nandrolone ) is the AAS I'm looking for. My plan would be to recover from this cycle (unless I can get good deca this week), and then go on a deca cycle, supplemented with a minor amount of test (to keep the noodle working).

Can anyone confirm that deca is the most recommended AAS for those with hair loss issues? Also, I thought I read somewhere that combining nandrolone with test can be a disaster on the hair. Is this true? If so, what would you recommend?

Thanks, Go.

sp9
    Go - I have heard many people say deca is hard on the hair. I don't have time to search around right now but I am sure I have heard this.

I think that test induced hairloss can be stopped by using a dht inhibitor like proscar or avodart.

I am very worried about this side effect as well , and I am planning a cycle of Test/EQ/Anavar .

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    scottp999, good to hear you are seeing some regrowth!!! I've been on avodart since the start of Feb and I love the stuff! Let's hope in 10 years they have a cure for MPB so we can cycle any AS we want!! I've read about about people saying one AS is better then another for guys that are prone to MPB, but I think the fact is it comes down to the person. An AS that might kill my hair may not have much effect on yours. So it comes down to the person and how they react. However, I'd say if you are using avodart or propecia that a test only cycle would be a fairly safe choice. I've also heard that anavar is easy on the hair. Again, it would depend on the peron. Since I love my hair (hehe) the only gear I'd think about using would be HGH, test, anavar, maybe eq, and MAYBE primo. What do you guys think?

Peace,
    CC

Oh BTW guys I just wanted to note that I took Nolv w/o any problems, but I took some ECA last summer and I saw a good amount of shed. Very strange!!! I have read that ECA stacks are harsh on the prostate so maybe that effected my hair. Have any of you had problems with hair loss and anti-e's?

Thanks,
    CC

mountiebenchmonster is offline Junior Member
    Isnt test going to cause a mpb problem?

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i would love to see a study where dht was blocked at both type 1 and 2 5 alpha reductase enzyme on the effect it has on gains, after all to me taking test and a dht blocker like durasteride defeats alot of the object. DHT is 4 x stronger than test and what contributes to building muscle there are lots of arguments about this, i would just like to see some studies

peace

TommyBoy555 is offline New Member
    Originally posted by raoul3
    I'm prone to MPB, pretty much all the males are in my family are (or were) bald. So I must be extremely careful during test cycle as I really look ugly with no hair... I'm on right now and using spiro cream 5 %. It's been only a few weeks but I like it a LOT!! Hair feels thicker and I haven't noticed any unusual loss.
    Bro, I just received my Spiro Cream 5% in the mail. I was curious how you applied the cream. What time of day and how often? Also do you use it on your whole head or just the frontal area?

Thanks, T

raoul3 is offline Associate Member
    Personally I use it every morning after shower on dry hair. I apply some on the finger tips of both hands and massage the scalp but only around the sensitive areas. I don't bother with the back or lower sides of the head. I concentrate on the top and upper sides. That's what I do but maybe other people use it differently I don't know.

sp9
    Jason,

I would like to see some info to. All I can tell you is that I keep a log of my workouts, every one of them and I have kept up with adding reps or weight almost every week since starting avodart. It does raise your test about 21% so maybe that helps offset some of the dht suppression?

I wish we knew.

Does anyone know about DBOL and hairloss? Does DBOL raise test levels or is it a DHT derivative. I have never heard anything on it.

Carbon Copy, I am looking at Test/EQ/Anavar right now and would love to kickstart with a little DBOL but I am not sure what it does? Do you know its effect? Thanks.

Originally posted by scottp999
    Does anyone know about DBOL and hairloss? Does DBOL raise test levels or is it a DHT derivative. I have never heard anything on it.

Carbon Copy, I am looking at Test/EQ/Anavar right now and would love to kickstart with a little DBOL but I am not sure what it does? Do you know its effect? Thanks.
    scottp999,

Sorry I took so long to respond they moved this thread and I forgot about it. I don't know about the effects of Dbol first hand, but I have read and heard that it converts to DHT at a high rate. Also I just wanted to warn you about using EQ because I have heard a lot of guys over at EF talking about hairloss on EQ. Since EQ acts much like deca maybe that causes more hairloss? And we've both heard it's a big no no to mix deca with propecia/avodart!

Peace,
    CC

Originally posted by The Original Jason
    i would love to see a study where dht was blocked at both type 1 and 2 5 alpha reductase enzyme on the effect it has on gains, after all to me taking test and a dht blocker like durasteride defeats alot of the object. DHT is 4 x stronger than test and what contributes to building muscle there are lots of arguments about this, i would just like to see some studies

peace
    I don't have any studies, but I have been on Avodart @.5mg per day for 4 1/2 months and I feel that I am stronger with my lifts. But also I feel like I am holding a bit more water. It could be that the Avodart is rasing my test levels (I think it can raise test levels by as much as 30%) which in turn is converting into estrogen, thus causing me to hold more water. Again I think the extra water and slighty higher test levels could be the cause of the extra power I am seeing.

sp9
    CC - Thanks for all the input. I am seeing the same result pattern as you. Seems like each time I hit a body part I am able to put up a couple of more reps or a little more weight than the week before. I have put on 20lbs since last april naturally and I think I got most of it since last Dec when I started on avodart. I agree that I might me seeing more water retention than I am used to but no real complaints here at all.

On the EQ - I had posted some info the other day that I found on the net where it said that due to the make up of EQ it was actually unable to convert to DHT. Interesting to hear all of this information.

Thanks.

heavensdoor is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Re: Hairloss from Test

Originally posted by Fartdaemon
    Hey guys my hair has been thinning a fair amount from sustanon , one of my friends told me that when your done and your natural test kicks back in your hair thinkens back to normal, any truth to this??
    let mek now, Fart
    Iv been on fina about 8 days now my hairs no thinning it just sticks up has anyone else had this problem
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hairloss from Test-young.jpg  

heavensdoor is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Re: Re: Hairloss from Test

Originally posted by heavensdoor
    Iv been on fina about 8 days now my hairs no thinning it just sticks up has anyone else had this problem
    Well Bros now that I look at myself,I am loseing hair on my left side,I have a bottle of rogain I got just for this at walmart,But can anybody tell me why my eyes ears and mouth are the only things getting biggeR!!!
    Ok im sorry if this pissed anyone off,But I Love evryone here and I wanted to make you smile ,please dont run me off,Thanks heavensdoor with all the shareing and training Iv got here iv gone from 220,to 240 Thanks for the help as you can see I still have lots to do,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hairloss from Test-fred-melted.jpg  

Thread Information