Thread: Cut in half

Sveinzinegger is offline New Member

Cut in half

Hello, just wanted to tell you how taking steroids saved my life.
    I am an engineer on a fishing boat in Iceland. One time i was working with a fellow engineer on the cooling system which we use too cool the fish. It has a decent sized tank with a rotary motor which turns a big steel bar which stirs the ice so it wont freeze in one big lump. The motor is pretty powerful and is hydraulic. So i was climbing into this tank and stood on the stirrer shaft when i unintentionally pressed down on the button which start the stirrer. It clamped me on the middle of both my thighs and just kept on going. Earlier that day i had finished a massive leg workout so all my muscles where already as hard as the steel Instantly I lost all feeling on my legs and thought I had lost them. But my mind was focused and I knew exactly what to do. I told the other engineer to dismantle the motor and connect it the other way around to get me free. Mean while i focused on keeping my thigh muscles tight. 15 minutes later when I got free I felt i could still walk, oh the joy of still having my legs attached to my body I will never forget it.
    The boat was turned around and I was put in the hospital, there the doctors could not belive what they were seeing, my injury was minimal and recovery rate was amazing.
    I think my doctor suspected i was jabbing because he said "you just fixed yourself, I did not do anything"

I should have lost both my legs that day, but thankfully is was on the middle of a cycle

Sorry for all misspelling, I just suddenly felt the need to share this story.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good story. Glad you were not hurt worse or permanently. Having extra muscle defiantly can help reduce or prevent injury in some cases.

Perseverance1 is offline Banned
    Awesome story...you should put up a pic or two of those beastly legs (no homo..).

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Glad to hear there was a happy ending. I have heard many cases of people surviving major accidents due to increased muscle mass

cherrydrpepper is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Very inspiring story. On that topic I was in a club a few years ago and met a guy who had been shot 3 times in the abdomen. Standing before me he must be about 190 lbs. He pulled up his shirt to show the surgery cut and bullet holes. He said when he was shot he weighed over 250 and the doctor told him the only reason he was still alive is he had so much mass that the bullets entered his body and didn't hit anything significant. He lost 60 lbs in the hospital but was lucky to be alive.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ON the down sides to larger muscle mass when I had an MRI with contrast dye done on my shoulder about 1 1/2 years ago I was told they had to use the 2nd largest and longest needle and it took 4x the normal amount of time due to my muscle mass. They said the only larger needle is used for some of the pro football players my doctor works on.

That was a lot of fun laying there for 45+ minutes while they push/pull a 12" needing 18g in/out of your shoulder pumping dye in while taking multiple xrays then you get to go lay in the MRI machine for a good 30+ minutes. I dont mind the MRI because I pretty much fall asleep. No claustrophobic here. I actually like tight closed in places like that. Hmmm maybe that's why I like... never mind. mind is in the gutter.

jseek is offline Junior Member
    Congrats! Great survivor story!

Thread Information