Flexd is offline New Member

Shoulder problems

So recently I have done something to my shoulder that makes lifting heavy chest extremely hard! It's at the ac joint and I think it is my biceps tendon from the short head...while doing heavy on incline barbell press or dumbbell chest press I get an very annoying pain and have to stop... So it makes lifting chest very difficult...and forget about weighted dips. It feels fine with push-ups and when I lift shoulders but I need to feel like I have done a good chest workout!! Any suggestions?!?! Thanks!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Lots of threads on here in regards to the shoulder. I hurt mine similar to yours the first time and didnt take enough time off for it to recover and it kept getting worse. You need to give it time to heal, a few weeks at least. Use ice on it also.

shredded is offline Junior Member
    Look into TB500 also check out Times Roman's log on TB500 popular for injuries.

johnnylucifer is offline Junior Member
    As others have said...give it some rest. In lieu of the the "heavy chest" try "not heavy chest" like machine benches or cables. Don't push it too hard though. Not sure how old you are today, but what seems a minor injury today, might totally debilitate you in the future...actually, forget the "might".

ROBOCOP is offline Member
    I had exactly the same problem a few years ago! I went and had cortisone injections in both ac joints, under ultrasound. Needed them 2-3 times a year but several years on, although I still get pain, it's bearable and sporadic. I don't need cortisone anymore.

If working chest is painful (decline being horrendous) then I would say it's def your ac joint. My advice,,,,,,see your doc, get ultrasound to the ac joint and I bet you see jagged edges, which will surely be the problem. A shot of cortisone and a couple of weeks complete rest just might be the answer mate? Just my opinion buddy cos I ain't no doc!!!!!!

Thread Information