Thread: Pain in foot

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Pain in foot

Well , for years I wore orthotics cause I had a condition called planter faciaitis..I duno if that's how you spell it but..

Recently after cardio the bottom of my foot hurts, like its stretch and feels tight. Feels weird to walk on it like its pulled to tight. I haven't been wearing my orthos cause I though I grew out of the problem cause its been over 10 years but hey maybe not.
    Anyway to stretch the bottom of the foot to make this feel better? Anyone ever felt that after a long cardio session
    Thanks

sgt2jay is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i would bet your faciatis is back. i have it daily for the past 6 month feel like both feet are broken and can hardley get out my bedroom in the morning. is it worse in the morning or after sitting for a long time.
    try calf stretches or rolling a tennis ball under your feet when sitting.

good luck

Usually in the morning when I jump outta bed, it hasn't bothered me in a long while though just did an extra long cardio session the other day on the stepper and she seemed to cramp up. When I was a kid playing soccer before I got diagnosed with it my dad had to carry me off the field at one point I literally couldn't walk. Maybe I just over did it with cardio and its nothing, might have to invest in some new orthotics. Ill try the tennis ball thing, thanks

ElDude is offline Associate Member
    You ever done any training barefoot, worn five finger shoes or minimalist shoes? Just asking because I started training using VFF's and minimalist shoes and never had any major problems again with knees, ankles or feet. From my experience, the more expensive, more cushioned shoe the more injuries I get.

Soar is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDude View Post
    You ever done any training barefoot, worn five finger shoes or minimalist shoes? Just asking because I started training using VFF's and minimalist shoes and never had any major problems again with knees, ankles or feet. From my experience, the more expensive, more cushioned shoe the more injuries I get.
    I always thought those guys were silly until I started getting extreme pain during leg day (squatting and incline press), almost crippling in regular gym shoes.

I've never squatted in regular shoes, always power lifting shoes or bare feet. If you do squats regularly and I figure most people on this site do, a pair of lifting shoes would be something to look into .

Thread Information