Tom_Tom is offline New Member

Help: keep pulling muscles

In July 2010, partially tore right pec. Did not require surgery.

May 2012, fully ruptured bicep tendon, needed surgery. Was out of action for 9 months

March 2013, broke foot & required surgery, 3 screws. (Non lifting related)

Returned to the gym march 2013 & have already tweaked my right tricep & left pec, both new injuries. I felt a pop & rested for a week. After that bicep tear, I admit I'm pretty traumatized.

I no longer lift heavy. I fully warm up, am fully hydrated, do dynamic stretching & lifting specific warm up, have prefect form, etc.

Why do my muscles keep getting injured?

My info, 38, 6'2, 245, 20+ years lifting & cycled off & on 10+ years. The electronic scale says I'm 20% body fat but that seems high. I know I'm getting old, but I know lots of guys my age that not only lift, but lift heavy.

Is it the gear? All of the injuries occurred while on tren .

Current cycle is test enth 250 mg eod, eq 200 mg eod & tren 100 eod.
    Arimidex .25 eod & caber .25 x 2 week.

Blood work is perfect.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well after many years of training and learning to listen to my body if I ever feel a twinge or any pain I'm done on the muscle for the day. I used to press through the pain and that's when the injuries came. If you feel anything.... STOP. You can lift another day.

I never stretch prior to my workout. I stretch after. You should never stretch a cold muscle. Also I never take big jumps in weight. When I benched last I started with the bar. Then 95 lbs, 135, 185.....up to 545. Yeah it's a bunch of sets but I'm only doing 3-4 reps. Small jumps in weight will cut down on injuries.

I don't think tren is your issue. Also take a close look at your form. Video your sets and critique each rep.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sometimes i feel the same way. i GET Alot of little partial tears, have to take time off, etc. I just did one quad, then the other, then the other one again, all in the same 6 weeks. The first one was picking up a girl, The second was ****ing a girl. The third...i dont even know. All u can do is make sure the muscle is pumped, warm, then progressive heavier sets till the working set. Slow and strict. Also lately i have been wearing sweat shirts to keep the blood flow and muscles warm. Outside the gyme, dont lift ANYTHING. No kegs, girls(except spinners) etc. but even with chciks you have to be carefull. They may look 120 but be close to 150 s some of them have this hiddein fat, or dress so their fat doesnt show. Sounds funny but its true. Some girl look tiny and then feel like lead and your like WTF?

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Lame answer, but I'll say it anyway...too much weight on the bar?? Are you going too heavy cuz you're on a cycle and feel like Superman? Anyway, your decision to not lift heavy for a bit is probably a smart one.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Anything else in the cycle history? I know or have heard that some orals such as dbol can be hard on tendons and muscles. I know after using dbol for a few weeks my joints started hurting and I tore my shoulder and needed surgery.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    at my age, my #1 priority is injury avoidance....

.....can't gain if you can't lift.

So I go lighter, reps in slow motion, concentrate on a full contraction, and get a pretty decent workout.

....something to think about.

^^^Me too. At 51, I've been injury free for quite a while. I'm pretty sure I can go a bit heavier at times, but I don't. I enjoy lifting, but not at the benefit of daily enjoyment of life. It's just not worth it. Last injury was my back about a year ago. I was fk'd for a couple of weeks. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    ^^^Me too. At 51, I've been injury free for quite a while. I'm pretty sure I can go a bit heavier at times, but I don't. I enjoy lifting, but not at the benefit of daily enjoyment of life. It's just not worth it. Last injury was my back about a year ago. I was fk'd for a couple of weeks. Never again.
    YOU OLD FUK!!!

...oh wait, I'm 51 also.....

Heh heh heh. When we're 80, we'll look back on this time/age and think about how nice it was to be so young.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    Heh heh heh. When we're 80, we'll look back on this time/age and think about how nice it was to be so young.
    so yer assuming you'll be able to remember back that far? =)

...I'm praying for Alzheimer's. that way, it will seem like I'm going to bed with a new woman every night! =)

Yer assuming you'll even know what to do with that woman.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

YOU OLD FUK!!!

...oh wait, I'm 51 also.....
    Both of you guys are old fvcks. I won't be 51 until October.

itsjayman02 is offline Member
    That makes me the kid.......yes!!

Thread Information