BulkCity is offline Junior Member

Cannot achieve pump no more

The last two weeks my training has been shithouse!!
    cannot focus and no matter what I do cannot achieve a pump for some reason..
    Im not a believer in overtraining, but does anyone have any suggestions as what to do

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Never had this problem!

Try to warm up as much as possible, 20-30reps with light weight and than start your heavy sets.

Pump some blood to those MF!!!

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Maybe take a week off? Keep the body guessing.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    take a week off, rest your CNS.

Yes, you CAN over train, and it sounds like you're there.

Suggest not lifting during your break, take it easy, regroup, and try again in seven days.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    even if your still gaining size and strenth, you can deplete your prostaglandins by to frequent training. Prostaglandins are involved in the pump. Arachidonic acid(AA) in the muscle is the building block for these prostaglandin. Its a mediator of inflamation. Having high levels actually isnt healthy, but they do sell a supplemental form of AA. Also, chicken and whole eggs are highest sources of AA, much higher than red meat despite popular beleif. AA is the biological opposite of omega 3s. omega threes are precursers to anti-inflmatory prostaglandins. AA is an omega 6. There is debate on balance, health, and anabolic activity of both. I honestly dont know what to say other than since the info on both cancels each other out, to go the healthy route. AA and its prostaglandin metabolites cause inflamation but also thicken blood. Omega 3s and its prostaglandin metaboloties thin blood. This in itself may give you a better pump. Some people get a better pump after taking aspirin for this reason.
    An N02 supp might help. Niacin at 1500mg a day. Maybe increase your carbs for your training load, maybe its just your glycogen thats depleted.
    Supplementing anything that helps cell columization is a good idea. Creatine, glutamine, and tuarine all increase water in the muscle.
    Or you could reduce your training volume or frequency or both. You are of the school of thought, 'there is no overtraining, only undereating" right? Spare me. Look if that were true, dont you think i and every other dude would just stay in the gym5 hours a day and pound crazy amounts of food and whey? Or spend 10 hrs on weekends every weekend and eat 20,000 cals a day? Or take my next vacation and just train and eat 15 hours a day and get huge. Weve all done bulking phases here where we ate a ton, trained a ton, and gained more fat than muscle. Why would this happen if overtraing were impossibel? the lifters who have bulked and plataued musculerly , yet continued to increase in adiposity are legion.

Thread Information