Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman

Thread: Elbow tissue pain during skull-crushers/dips

WMSuperSport is offline Associate Member

Elbow tissue pain during skull-crushers/dips

As my strength and determination has gone way up lately, I've been experiencing an unsettling pain in both of my elbow areas. It feels like where the tricep connects to the elbow, but I don't have knowledge on this stuff yet. I've talked to other "big" dudes at the gym that experience it too, but they just tough it out.

*MAIN QUESTION*
    Since the pain is not unbearable, should I just tough it out and keep going up in weight and frequency? Or should I almost baby it until I can get it healed or whatever? Even taking 2 months off didn't cure either my elbows or forearms, so I just tough it out for now, but sure would hate to really cause a bad injury that put me out of work or lifting or something. I work in the oilfield BTW.

Thank you guys so much for advising fellas like me out. I have very few workout buddies, and tend to just keep to myself! I'm slowly opening up to new "big" dudes at the gym, and so far I'm making new friends. But I'm the type of guy that doesn't believe everything I hear or read, but take in as much info as I can, and make my own educated decisions from based collectively of what I've learned.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are experiencing pain, do not ignore this! it is your bodies way of telling you something is going on.

First thing you should do is change up your routines to avoid aggravating the problem.

Second thing you should do, if the first does not work, is to not continually increase the weight. Instead, change how you do the movement. If you slow down and focus on full ROM, almost moving in slow motion, you can actually decrease the weight without increasing the reps too much. This will help prevent additional injury.

If neither of these things work, you may consider TB500 aka "the healing peptide". Even if you decide to go down this route, and heal, you should NOT continue the same routines the say way you performed them else you will just reinjure. Be smart and remember to listen to your body.

You can read about TB500 in my log here:

http://forums.steroid.com/igf-1-lr3-...b-500-log.html

Good luck!
    ---Roman
    Java Man likes this.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    If you are experiencing pain, do not ignore this! it is your bodies way of telling you something is going on.

First thing you should do is change up your routines to avoid aggravating the problem.

Second thing you should do, if the first does not work, is to not continually increase the weight. Instead, change how you do the movement. If you slow down and focus on full ROM, almost moving in slow motion, you can actually decrease the weight without increasing the reps too much. This will help prevent additional injury.

If neither of these things work, you may consider TB500 aka "the healing peptide". Even if you decide to go down this route, and heal, you should NOT continue the same routines the say way you performed them else you will just reinjure. Be smart and remember to listen to your body.

You can read about TB500 in my log here:

http://forums.steroid.com/igf-1-lr3-...b-500-log.html

Good luck!
    ---Roman
    Seconded

I read your log. Really enjoyed it. I just dont know if thats the solution to my issue. I may try it out... or just take it easy on the skill crushers for a few weeks... ughh

SidVicious77 is offline Associate Member
    You could check out Kelly Starrets blog for his tendonitis voodoo cure... seems to make my elbow tendonitis pain reduce temporarily..
    Something that helpse with elbow pain doing skull crushers is to flex my wrist at the stretchposition sort of like a wrist curl. Feels like it takes some of the pressure off the elbow. Try giving that a shot...

Pittsburgh412 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WMSuperSport
    As my strength and determination has gone way up lately, I've been experiencing an unsettling pain in both of my elbow areas. It feels like where the tricep connects to the elbow, but I don't have knowledge on this stuff yet. I've talked to other "big" dudes at the gym that experience it too, but they just tough it out.

*MAIN QUESTION*
    Since the pain is not unbearable, should I just tough it out and keep going up in weight and frequency? Or should I almost baby it until I can get it healed or whatever? Even taking 2 months off didn't cure either my elbows or forearms, so I just tough it out for now, but sure would hate to really cause a bad injury that put me out of work or lifting or something. I work in the oilfield BTW.

Thank you guys so much for advising fellas like me out. I have very few workout buddies, and tend to just keep to myself! I'm slowly opening up to new "big" dudes at the gym, and so far I'm making new friends. But I'm the type of guy that doesn't believe everything I hear or read, but take in as much info as I can, and make my own educated decisions from based collectively of what I've learned.
    I have the same problem, I find that avoiding skull crushers helps alot

Word. I love skull crushers tho. Ive just been toughing it out, so far I'm ok, for now...

Pittsburgh412 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WMSuperSport
    Word. I love skull crushers tho. Ive just been toughing it out, so far I'm ok, for now...
    Lying tricep extensions hurt like shit too, after triceps it's hard to fully extend my arm

Brazensol is offline Productive Member~ Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I get elbow pain also if I go heavy on the skullcrushers. I'm guessing the tricep muscle has gotten stronger quicker than the tendons. I cut the weight back down 15-20% and increased the reps. Also slowed down the movement and pay very close attention to form. Seems to have fixed the pain issue and will try slowly increasing the weight as the tendons get stronger.

Thread Information