Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member

Tendon pain in right bicep/forarm

So for the past 3 weeks my bicep and forearm tendon has some slight pain I was thinking just got lighter weight or should I give it a full break for a week or two? It's not bad but it has got slightly worse over the last week.

drake4243 is offline Member
    I am not sure what you should do. You would know better if you need a break or not as it is your body. However i also had some tendon pain recently and was treating it with cissus I was very surprised with how much it helped. I really thought it was effective. You might want to give this a try. I was taking 2,000mg of this a day.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    there is a reason why your "bicep tendon" is hurting you.

Suggest finding other routines that do not aggrevate your tendon.

Working through the pain is counter productive, and a newb mistake. The pain is there for a reason...

...listen to it!

Now for some more productive insight, you might also consider dropping the weight, and focus on excellent form, and repping very slowly, enhancing the mind body connection, making sure you get full contractions, and possibly focusing on your negative "contractions" as well.

But doing the same thing over and over with pain is not the smart thing to do.

Good luck!

---Roman

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks but its concentration curls an I always go very slow the pain is dull but there and I do think I should drop a little weight off its hard to tell where my limit is now on my first cycle I try and pay close attention on how strenuous the weight I do is, I might just give it a week off and see how it does maybe 2

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougiefresh7707 View Post
    Thanks but its concentration curls an I always go very slow the pain is dull but there and I do think I should drop a little weight off its hard to tell where my limit is now on my first cycle I try and pay close attention on how strenuous the weight I do is, I might just give it a week off and see how it does maybe 2
    That worked for me, although I didn't stop going to the gym entirely. I just stopped working my triceps directly and used lighter weights , higher reps for any movement that included tension on the elbows. My tendonitis was in the elbows but same principle.

It went away after a few weeks of that.

MakeEveryRepCount is offline Junior Member
    Tendons have WAYYY less blood vessels running through them so nutrient uptake (and healing) is extremely slow. If you're not crippled by the pain yet, you should be able to get ahead of it by foam rolling (forces more blood into the area and can help break up knots and scar tissue that could be restricting the flow).

And like TR said, I'd probably look at trying to find exercises that don't give you issues. My entire routine is partially based around this premise.

Thread Information