Thread: Achilles pain

Komatsu is offline New Member

Achilles pain

Woke up this morning and can barely walk due to pain in the achillies tendon was fine yesterday never done much but did do 3 days of gruelling manual labour fri-sun maybe that caused it. Got deadlifts tommorrow squats on fri will this aggrivate it also what can b done to ease the pain thanks in advance

I wouldn't do anything to aggrevate them until they're feeling up to it. Last thing u wanna do tear one or something. Sufferred from severe tendonitis in my achillies area when younger. Use ice n maybe ibuprofen stronger antiinflammatories can give stomach probs. But the medication to stop that I believe holds back absorption of things like magnesium which if ur lifting weights ur body will be using it up. Etc etc. So personally. I'd use a basic..

Ice pack
    Below take together (bcuz u can)
    Ibuprofen (chk u can take personally)
    Paracetamol (chk u can take personally)
    Msm crystals at 5gs day 4 life

Gently warm n stretch the area by massaging before u go out.

Sry I didn't get to this sooner.

Komatsu is offline New Member
    Thanks for the reply major, heres the funny thing went from being barely able to walk and booking an emergency appointment at the docs to wakin up the next day and its gone no pain no tightness nothin i,m stumped any thoughts for future reference

Might have simply strained your Achilles. Just take it easy. Sometimes if a muscle or tendon suddenly gets hell thrown at it n its not warmed up or used to that hard a kicking it'll bitch at you for a while. Just ur body saying eh. Be careful. I wasn't ready for that. So all u gotta do is listen to it ;-).
    I'd still take couple days of nsaids/antinflammatorries just to ensure it doesn't flare up. N do some warm up moving ur foot around before anything heavy on ur calves.

Glad to help mate.

Thread Information