areichert is offline Junior Member

Lower back issues causing nerve damage.

About three weeks ago I woke up to a burning right leg. At the time I thought it was some type of muscle strain and thought nothing of it. Two days later the pain was still there and I decided to tell my co workers about my present situation. They informed to go straight to a chiropractor to get X-rays done because it sounds like I have nerve damage. We'll after a visit to the chiropractor my co workers were right, I indeed have nerve damage in my right leg. The X-rays showed a bone in my lower back slightly shifted forward and it's causing nerve irritation. Unfortunately that nerve runs all the way down my right leg into my calf. At times it's very very painful and other times it's manageable. I see the chiropractor three times a week for now, but my main concern is my health of course but also being active. Has anyone else experience anything like this? I want to to go to the gym when it's tolerable but again I do not want to inflict anymore inflammation then there already is. I want to keep in shape but risky a injury is something that I don't know if I can tolerate right now.
    Last edited by areichert; 12-10-2013 at 09:14 PM.

tmfsd is offline Junior Member
    Not exactly the same but I have an MRI scheduled 2moro morn for my lower back. I've had mean lower back pain for about a month and tingling and numbness in my foot. Neuros first thought was sciatica so waiting on MRI to confirm. Have u seen a neurologist at all?

areichert is offline Junior Member
    I have not, I've seen the chiropractor for about 3 weeks now, and I'm not really sure what to expect and how soon.

Bedford is offline Senior Member
    Once it happens from what I have experienced it will always be there. Back in the winter if 2011 I herniated my l3 disc while on vacation in Florida . The worst pain I have ever experienced. Basically writhed on the floor for 3 days until I had to take the worst flight of my life back to Ohio from Florida. Spent 3 months with a chiropractor doing traction . Finally got off pain pills & away from doctors after a year. On my back day for the week I get anxious every time ,always afraid Ill injure it. I still have my foot go numb during the week ,feels like i have a balled up sock in my shoe.That is the pinched nerve that the disc affects. My back is for the most part sore muscle wise & disc wise after I work out but 2 days after it feels good.As long as I'm making it stronger & keeping good form I feel I'm doing better for it.

diabeticknowledge is offline Associate Member
    stay away from chiropractors! - regards, triple herniated/degenereted disc guy with years of back injury experience - ill give you the long version tomorrow

diabeticknowledge is offline Associate Member
    Here have a look at this article about the foundation for their theory base and history.
    Chiropractic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A chiropractor is a pseudo scientist with a theory base from a magical world of magnetic healing. They are by no means educated on healthcare, their diagnosis and treatments are most often inaccurate, inappropriate, useless and sometimes dangerous. The need for chiropractic manipulation for herniated discs is even more far fetched bullshit than the rest of the bullshit they practice and it is also more dangerous.

the people you want to be seeing for your very real health problem are REAL healthcare experts like: Brain&neurological surgeons, Orthopedic surgeons Md's for anti inflammation meds, and physical therapists.

if you want to go the magical voodoo hocus pocus way then you can go see an osteopath, homeopaths and chiropractors. maybe a magnetic healer too apparently they have a very good relation with chiros.

if you read the wikipedia article and numerous other cititated sources you will see this is pseudoscience and is potentially harmful.
    chiropractic manipulation will never have anything other than anadoctal "evidence" to support it

Thread Information