Skouticus is offline New Member

Exclamation Meniscus torn help

Hey, I've torn my meniscus and have surgery tomorrow. they said i could be on crutches for either 1 month if they repair it, or 1 week if they take it out. They're not sure what their going to until they actually see it. So I'm curious on what kind of workout i can still do to keep my gains. I plan on going to the gym as soon as i can.. So just workout advice please. Ive been doing
    Monday- Chest
    Tuesday- back
    Wednesday- Legs (Which i havent really done lately)
    Thursday- Shoulders
    Friday- Tri's/bi's

Thanks!

Trevtrev is offline Associate Member
    I had a torn meniscus also (from racing dirt bikes) and was up walking the next day after surgery. Mine was like a flap hanging off the rear side so they just snipped it off and smoothed the edges.

I'm guessing that's what you mean by take it out.

Maybe depends on the location as to when you can put full pressure on it, but I had a few orth surgeons look at it and they both said they always prefer you to be up and around ASAP, preferably the next day to help the fluids get out and keep full motion.

I think I took about three days off from the gym, then hit everything except legs for a few weeks. Then started right back to squatting once I was walking normally. No problem.

Listen to your body, when the pain subsides and you have dr approval go for it.

Skouticus is offline New Member
    Okay awesome! I hurt mine from squatting.. they said deep squats could do it.. at least i know i WAS getting low enough lol. But sweet i only planned on being out of the gym for 4 days or so either way. I'd go nuts at home lol

Trevtrev is offline Associate Member
    The dr told me mine was from impacts, not my heavy squatting.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Trevtrev; 05-14-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Getlean007 is offline Junior Member
    Woww

Thread Information