Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mitch_91

Thread: is this a hernia? not sure

sfgiantsfan55 is offline Associate Member

is this a hernia? not sure

hi all

ok,well was working out yesterday , pushing it...and well i got what id describe as a burning type sensation in the area on my right side (sorry for lack of proper anatomy knowledge)..uh, its sorta where youd expect a hernia, junction of say mdidle upper leg meets abdomen area..... its not like hurting , i just know its there a lil..(slight burn sensation)... never had a hernia ...maybe its nothing? input please

further if it is a hernia, i assume im screwed for many months?

thanks

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan55 View Post
    hi all

ok,well was working out yesterday , pushing it...and well i got what id describe as a burning type sensation in the area on my right side (sorry for lack of proper anatomy knowledge)..uh, its sorta where youd expect a hernia, junction of say mdidle upper leg meets abdomen area..... its not like hurting , i just know its there a lil..(slight burn sensation)... never had a hernia ...maybe its nothing? input please

further if it is a hernia, i assume im screwed for many months?

thanks
    do you really know what a hernia is?

...it's a rip in the integrity in the intestinal wall. Not a hole, and fecal matter will not come out.

but it doesn't heal, and it won't get better. It may get worse.

Suggest going to see your doc.

---Roman

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

...it's a rip in the integrity in the intestinal wall. Not a hole, and fecal matter will not come out.

---Roman
    yes , i know what a hernia IS...i just dont know what one FEELS LIKE... thats more the issue .

zevy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan55
    hi all ok,well was working out yesterday , pushing it...and well i got what id describe as a burning type sensation in the area on my right side (sorry for lack of proper anatomy knowledge)..uh, its sorta where youd expect a hernia, junction of say mdidle upper leg meets abdomen area..... its not like hurting , i just know its there a lil..(slight burn sensation)... never had a hernia ...maybe its nothing? input please further if it is a hernia, i assume im screwed for many months? thanks
    Hi. I had a hernia whilst in the gym years ago. I was doing leg presses and felt a strange popping sensation in my groin area, immediately followed by a nauseous spell. I rested a while then carried on about my workout not realising what I'd done. There was no pain as you mentioned, just a feeling that something wasn't right. The next morning whilst lay in bed I looked down and noticed a lump that disappeared when I got up but sure enough every time I lay down it was there. A trip to the doctor confirmed it was a hernia and I had keyhole surgery. I was out of action a few months. Hope this helps. Go see your quack m8!

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

---Roman
    Lets change that to abdominal wall, as a rip in your intestinal wall would be a septic shock nightmare

OP, it sounds like you just tweaked a muscle, as the sensations you're describing don't sound like a hernia. Also, you should be able to feel a hernia by pressing on it, as it is a tear in the abdominal wall (muscle), allowing intestines to protrude through.
    Read this for more info and get back to us: Types of Hernias
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 05-31-2014 at 03:00 PM.

mitch_91 is offline New Member
    I had the same issue a few months back. I was doing relatively heavy deadlifts and got a burning sensation in the same area, at first i thought it was a hernia as well but i saw a doctor and he assured me that it was just a slight muscle tear and nothing to worry about. i was back doing deadlifts the following week.
    sfgiantsfan55 likes this.

thanks for the input... i cant feel any lump, feel fine now actually..but i gotta say at the time i was pretty concerned.

Thread Information