naiter is offline New Member

Question recovery from drug/alcohol abuse & depression, 1year later, low T levels, HELP!

age 31, 6'0", 165lbs, low body fat
    no health insurance, very limited funds

Thinking of using nolvadex and clomid to attempt to jump start any natural testosterone creating abilities I might have. I'm open to suggestions, but will avoid full blown TRT.

I have all the symptoms of low testosterone levels , but I haven't have blood work done (I know I should, but no income and no insurance, mooching off the wife). I suspect I've had lower than average Testosterone levels all my life - almost no facial hair, no hair loss, always skinny except belly and love handles.
    When I was 20 I did a few cycles of dbol and deca, gained 25lbs of muscle which I kept for awhile, but I could not maintain through my motorcycle accidents. Didn't have any adverse side effects other than back acne. Like a true noobie, I did many things wrong, and damaged my elbows by pushing too hard, although it is hard to discern how much if any, of my current chronic joint pain/arthritis is caused from this one moment of rapid muscle gain or my many motorcycle accidents. I can repeatably gain 10lbs of muscle if I'm extremely diligent but there was always an accident or sickness that just takes it away so I stopped focusing on trying to gain weight, and just try to be satisfied with being lean.

I've got bipolar type 2. Spent 1 year on methadone(opiate), had alcoholism, and abused pot. used xanax (responsibly). add in chronic diarrhea. I've been off of all opiates for about a year, then I spent more than a few months bouncing back and forth between pot, alcohol, and xanax. Now knowing there is no magic bullet cure, and understanding my personal problems better, I decided to really focus on getting healthy a couple months ago. I started exercising and I quit consuming any caffeine, pot, alcohol, xanax, refined sugars, processed carbs, and added more fats to my diet. I'm struggling to get a healthy gut internally, but it has improved. Having a healthier diet overall along with exercise caused -guess what?- less crazy mood swings/hypo-mania! DUH. but I'm still constantly riddled with anxiety. The only fix for the anxiety is exercise. If I don't exercise I will not be able to fall asleep. It's still painful to exercise (more than just arthritis, more like when you're depressed and have whole body pain, you've gotta force yourself just to move) but its easier than before, once I get going now it is easy to keep moving. I lost 15lbs in first 3 "healthy" weeks. probably because it's tough trying to eat when everything is a no-no, but my weight seems to have stabilized for the moment.

I figure if I'm going to be exercising a lot, might as well make it worth the time. I look like I'm in descent shape, just don't feel like it.

Also, does Dymatize Z Force do anything?
    It's cheap but is it worth using?

Thank you in advance for your replies!
    Admins- if there is a better section for this thread please move. thx.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    You are an addict in recovery?

and bipolar?

I would be very hesitant taking any chems to achieve your goals.

With you, any substance can lead to something else.

You want to climb that ladder again?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

and bipolar?

I would not only be hesitant but avoid it at all cost. Do NOT self diagnose. You will not save any money, time or sanity by trying to do this yourself.

Yeah muching off the wife sucks but she must be understanding since she is still with you so she should understand this..

Part if it is just normal addiction recovery, it takes a LONG time to know what normal feels like. Dont go by just how you feel. Go get blood work done. You can use a mens clinic, lowT clinic (see add to the right) or self blood test full male hormone panel though Private MD Labs.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

and bipolar?

I agree. Having been there myself many years ago, exercise can be a life saver but you need to be "normal" again, and be normal for a while and just have your chemical self become a memory.

naiter is offline New Member
    Thanks for the good advice guys! Sometimes common sense gets ignored and I need to hear it again and again.
    BUT I already ordered some. It was under $60 after shipping for pills: 90x 20mg tamoxifen and 90x 50mg clomiphene citrate.
    **waves at the right decision as it passes by**
    I'm still F'n my future self because he is not here right now. I know, I know... /facepalm
    Time to research how to get the blood work done for as cheap as possible... I need a measurement before starting.
    Any input on dosage?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Try 20mg nolva and 50mg clomid for 6 weeks. If you get any side effects, drop the clomid.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 06-17-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Thread Information