Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jimmyinkedup
  • 1 Post By jimmyinkedup

Thread: Shoulder Mystery Pain.

davesah1 is offline Member

Shoulder Mystery Pain.

Since I was very young about 13 I always had pain in my right shoulder when throwing a football or baseball. It makes cracking noises when raising it and lowering it (some days worse than others). It used to be very painful to do side raises and other shoulder movements. Benching also bothers it.

8 years later it doesn't bother me nearly as much when I throw something and do side raises. It seems to hurt more during bench press than anything and military press. It also went away for a year when I was 19-20. It came back when I ****ed up my estrogen with letro. Now it is somewhat painful doing those rotator cuff raises with my elbow perpendicular on a preacher curl pad and bothers me most during benching. Taking days off from the gym seems to make no difference and sometimes it gets worse if I take more than 3 days off. I went to the doctor and got it x-rayed and blah blah and he didnt see any issues when I was 16. On some days its minimal and others it really annoys the hell out of me.

*I was run over by a car backing out of a driveway when I was 4, perhaps this could have messed with the placement of the joint? IDK

What is causing this? Any ideas?
    Last edited by davesah1; 06-19-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    I would say that being run over by a car is certainly a traumatic enough event to cause some serious injury to your shoulder.

Is there pain associated with the cracking noises? Does it ever dislocate? Any bicep pain? Weakness or instability?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauffeur View Post
    I would say that being run over by a car is certainly a traumatic enough event to cause some serious injury to your shoulder.

Is there pain associated with the cracking noises? Does it ever dislocate? Any bicep pain? Weakness or instability?
    Well I heard the bicep goes up and under the shoulder and it hurts deep within my anterior delt. I'm thinking rotator cuff. There is slight instability but only for the frist rep or two until the pain goes away for that set. When I grab 315 off the bench the first rep hurts the most and it goes away by the end of the set for the most part. I'm thinking this would be a rotator cuff issue or something, but not the labrum bc I heard those just get worse with time. All my lifts are fine as far as stability. The most painful ones, although some days arent bad at all, are bench, barbell military press and superman pec flys (which I do not do anymore and barely did bc these really make it hurt) There is a cracking. If I raise a 5lb weight to my side by lifting my elbow paralle and then rotate my arm back up to point up it hurts and the top and when I lower it back down there is a crack nearly every time followed by a small pain. The pain feels like something is being pinched more so than tearing.
    Last edited by davesah1; 06-23-2014 at 08:04 AM.

In general it's gotten better over the years, gets worse and better from time to time, and the cause of the pain has shifted from raising movements to pressing ones. :/

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Man I had a partial rotator cuff tear and it sound eerily similar.

Sounds like a rotator cuff issue to me as well. I wouldn't rule out labral involvement at this point either. The anterior pain that you're feeling is likely coming from the bicipital groove near the area where your bicep tendon attaches to your shoulder. Shoulders are tricky, pain radiates all over the place making it difficult to diagnose injuries solely based on a physical exam.

It could be something as simple as the tendon not sitting in the groove correctly, but I would say that somebody with your mechanism of injury combined with a lifetime of heavy lifting should probably expect to have some rotator cuff or labral pathology.

The x ray that your doctor performed is not meant to diagnose either of those injuries though, you'll need an MRI with arthrogram if you want to know what's actually going on in there.

of course i waited until now and have shit health insurance. This is gonna be $$$. better safe than sorry tho.
    No bicep pain and its never dislocated btw. It could just be me, but when I relax and look at myself in a mirror it feels as if that shoulder hangs a tiny bit lower than my other. weird, but maybe its just smaller. The pain was bad enough back in the day do where my body developed unevenly bc I was using my left side predominately on barbell movements because of the pain in my right shoulder This is gone now thankfully. I was run over at 4 and pain appeared maybe as early as ten, but I never did physical activity back in the day, I was a poster child for obesity. Then at 13 I started basic lifting and the pain was real bad and by 17 is was negligible, but now its coming back ever since the letro tanked my estrogen and my joints in general we cracking all over the place. It's not effecting my lifts very significantly, but I wanted some input since shoulder issues can be a real pain in the ass down the road.

Also, it gets worse when its humid out or about to rain too.
    Last edited by davesah1; 06-23-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Man I had a partial rotator cuff tear and it sound eerily similar.
    what did you have to do as far as recovery and future prevention? Oh and also it bothers me to excerpt downward pressure with my elbow out. For example I hold my elbow out in side raises position and use my other arm as resistance and this causes pain. Guessing from that it went away and came back, I must have done something to aggravate it. However when it stopped bothering me for whatever time span, I honestly don't recall doing anything different than I had been. Just suddenly got better.....tricky motherfvker. I also was bulking at the same time and had a good layer of blubber.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davesah1 View Post
    what did you have to do as far as recovery and future prevention? Oh and also it bothers me to excerpt downward pressure with my elbow out. For example I hold my elbow out in side raises position and use my other arm as resistance and this causes pain. Guessing from that it went away and came back, I must have done something to aggravate it. However when it stopped bothering me for whatever time span, I honestly don't recall doing anything different than I had been. Just suddenly got better.....tricky motherfvker. I also was bulking at the same time and had a good layer of blubber.
    You are telling my story man! I had it, it went away, was doing inclines one day, came back hard. Same thing re side laterals and all. I went to a Dr, had mri (actually 2 were required), He suspected surgery may be the only solution but I asked if there was any way I could avoid it. Intensive physical therapy but it is a long shot was his reply. I atrted PT and wasnt making much progress, just a lot of pain actually. Then I looked into TB500 after reading a log on here. I was not big on spending my cash on some peptide used on horses. Everything I ever used they say is so great on horses (EQ, kynoselen) isnt worth a pot to piss in. I saw some pretty straight shooters were saying it worked. So I ponyed up (you like that pun) the cash and started using it. 4mg/week for 4 weeks then down to 2. I immediately within the first week experienced pain relief benefits and that allowed more range of motion and more intense beneficial PT sessions. Long and short it worked. I still found myself for the longest time so hesitant doing inclines. It took about 8 weeks after my start of the TB500 to get pretty darn good and about 4 more to be 100%. Sometimes I think maybe the surgery would have been better but honestly im 100 % with no lapses. I really feel the TB500 actually worked and I was about as skeptical on that stuff as they come. It helped the pain (i found out via research it has anti inflammatory properties) and the healing. Anyway If you want some tips id be happy to find links to the exercises they had me do. They were basic but doing them was a bitch and it hurt but it worked.
    I should add in man, Im no Dr, I dont want to tell you hey start doing this if you arent sure what it is. Id imagine if your injury is in fact different (although it sounds identical) you might do more harm than good doing the wrong things. The only portion of my post I can say might help you regardless is that I do think the TB500 helped me out. So I feel like any type injury closely related to mine it would benefit. I dont even tell people with other injuries yeah I def think it would work, cause I dont know.
    davesah1 likes this.

You are telling my story man! I had it, it went away, was doing inclines one day, came back hard. Same thing re side laterals and all. I went to a Dr, had mri (actually 2 were required), He suspected surgery may be the only solution but I asked if there was any way I could avoid it. Intensive physical therapy but it is a long shot was his reply. I atrted PT and wasnt making much progress, just a lot of pain actually. Then I looked into TB500 after reading a log on here. I was not big on spending my cash on some peptide used on horses. Everything I ever used they say is so great on horses (EQ, kynoselen) isnt worth a pot to piss in. I saw some pretty straight shooters were saying it worked. So I ponyed up (you like that pun) the cash and started using it. 4mg/week for 4 weeks then down to 2. I immediately within the first week experienced pain relief benefits and that allowed more range of motion and more intense beneficial PT sessions. Long and short it worked. I still found myself for the longest time so hesitant doing inclines. It took about 8 weeks after my start of the TB500 to get pretty darn good and about 4 more to be 100%. Sometimes I think maybe the surgery would have been better but honestly im 100 % with no lapses. I really feel the TB500 actually worked and I was about as skeptical on that stuff as they come. It helped the pain (i found out via research it has anti inflammatory properties) and the healing. Anyway If you want some tips id be happy to find links to the exercises they had me do. They were basic but doing them was a bitch and it hurt but it worked.
    I should add in man, Im no Dr, I dont want to tell you hey start doing this if you arent sure what it is. Id imagine if your injury is in fact different (although it sounds identical) you might do more harm than good doing the wrong things. The only portion of my post I can say might help you regardless is that I do think the TB500 helped me out. So I feel like any type injury closely related to mine it would benefit. I dont even tell people with other injuries yeah I def think it would work, cause I dont know.
    Much appreciated man! Is TB500 basically Thymosin Beta 4? If you could PM me a few links of these exercises (and one other thing) that would be awesome. I had been thinking that only GH would help but getting legit stuff at a reasonable price is like finding a diamond in your shit.
    I assumed something with the rotator bc when I googled those types of injuries they are either self healing or require surgery vs the labrum which usually requires more extreme methods and tend to not go away.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davesah1 View Post
    Much appreciated man! Is TB500 basically Thymosin Beta 4? If you could PM me a few links of these exercises (and one other thing) that would be awesome. I had been thinking that only GH would help but getting legit stuff at a reasonable price is like finding a diamond in your shit.
    I assumed something with the rotator bc when I googled those types of injuries they are either self healing or require surgery vs the labrum which usually requires more extreme methods and tend to not go away.
    Gimme a few and ill put the pm together man......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauffeur View Post
    There you go. Mine consisted of essentially circuit 1 and exercises 1-4 in circuit 2 although i didn't do the shrtened clean and jerk type motion in the one exercise is circuit one. I was instructed to do it from a static start. Very nice find although seeing him do it looked far difernt tha me when i was. It was uncmfortable doing certain thing big time. Especially the protractions.
    davesah1 likes this.

There you go. Mine consisted of essentially circuit 1 and exercises 1-4 in circuit 2 although i didn't do the shrtened clean and jerk type motion in the one exercise is circuit one. I was instructed to do it from a static start. Very nice find although seeing him do it looked far difernt tha me when i was. It was uncmfortable doing certain thing big time. Especially the protractions.
    this looks fun, i can feel pain just watching these.....super useful link thanks a bunch. Did you workout on top of this or take off?
    Last edited by davesah1; 06-23-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Thread Information