Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By Times Roman

Thread: Torn meniscus advice?

boxingfan30 is offline Member

Torn meniscus advice?

I have torn meniscus in both knees. This means that with boxing I cannot pivot which basically puts me out of every movement in it. First thing the ortho suggested was clipping the torn parts. Gonna get another opinion but can't I do something else for this? It seems like just taking pieces out that are supposed to be there is dumb. It also causes arthritis to start faster with nothing there to cover the bone from what I read at least.
    There has got to be a better way to deal with this. I got work to do man, can't be out for 2 weeks and then a couple months of therapy on top of that.

Anyone else had this issue? What did you do?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I seem to recommend TB500 a lot in these situations, so I'll go with what I know and recommend TB500. Fairly inexpensive, it's a peptide used for significant healing. With once a week pins, a "standard" cycle runs six weeks or so.

To learn more, follow the link in my signature to read about my log.

Good luck!
    ---Roman

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I seem to recommend TB500 a lot in these situations, so I'll go with what I know and recommend TB500. Fairly inexpensive, it's a peptide used for significant healing. With once a week pins, a "standard" cycle runs six weeks or so.

To learn more, follow the link in my signature to read about my log.

Good luck!
    ---Roman
    Thanks man... I really would like to use it, but with the cancer history in my family, I just don't think it would be the best idea for me. Anything else you could recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    Thanks man... I really would like to use it, but with the cancer history in my family, I just don't think it would be the best idea for me. Anything else you could recommend?
    it's a peptide! this is the evolution:

amino acids < peptides < proteins

you eat peptides in a more complex form every day. It's called protein. A peptide is a simple chain of amino acids that instruct your body to do something. I don't know of any side effects or health risks.

Have you researched the health risks associated with TB500? Your body creates a natural version of it already. We just know it as Tb4

TB500 is a chain of 43 amino acids. HGH is a chain of 192 amino acids.

Nothing sinister about it.

Start your search here (although the info is scant on Wiki)
    Thymosin beta-4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

to continue your search, google "TB500" and you will see pages and pages of sites.
    boxingfan30 likes this.

but yes. if you are not already taking MSM, I'd suggest 5 grams a day forever.....

....it may or may not help. It helps improve collagen synthesis and is a mild inflammatory

Good luck!
    ---Roman
    boxingfan30 likes this.

but yes. if you are not already taking MSM, I'd suggest 5 grams a day forever.....

....it may or may not help. It helps improve collagen synthesis and is a mild inflammatory

Good luck!
    ---Roman
    Yeah, I take 5 mg's of the crystals... really disgustingly bitter, but I've been using it for I guess a year now. Another joint supplement I use is flexacil ... 40.00 for about 60 days. Best joint supplement I've ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by boxingfan30 View Post
    Yeah, I take 5 mg's of the crystals... really disgustingly bitter, but I've been using it for I guess a year now. Another joint supplement I use is flexacil ... 40.00 for about 60 days. Best joint supplement I've ever used.
    you think MSM is bad? it's not that bad at all....

....wait til you try NAC. EXTREMELY bitter. Makes MSM taste like sugar comparatively.

you think MSM is bad? it's not that bad at all....

....wait til you try NAC. EXTREMELY bitter. Makes MSM taste like sugar comparatively.
    Well, I figured if I could drink arginine powder in water, I could deal with the MSM ok. It's not that bad (MSM), but yeah it's a little on the bitter side.

optionsdude is offline Member
    If it's not to torn removing the bits and pieces and resurfacing is the way to go for now. If they remove it all yes arthritis will come faster,and a knee replacement soon after that. I just had mine scoped 2nd time in 10 years. Medial side totally shredded and now removed. Look into the synvisc injections,supposed to be a good temporary relief.

Red Bastard is offline Member
    I'm gonna watch this thread... I have a MRI scheduled for 3 weeks from now, for a suspected meniscus tear. It's slowly healing, during the long wait, but, 4 months ago, there were days when I could barely walk without a cane....

Well, after much research it seems to the studies show that rehab is just as effective in many cases as surgery. I still may need surgery, but because of my flexible joints, it might have helped cause the tears. My legs are a weak point anyway, so I am going to start rehab and see what exercises they use and then start building them up. I am wondering if cycling deca (a smaller amount) might help a lot during this therapy and building up all of the muscles around the knee? Opinions?

Trevtrev is offline Associate Member
    Search for other meniscus threads. I had mine cleaned up, worked out great.

Thread Information