MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST

Elbow Pain - What are some good ideas? Time off?

I forget which one it is, its not on the outside of inside type of thing, where its golfers vs tennis, but literally right under the bone that points out making a curl.

Its sore right now. Should I just stretch the arm daily and ice and aleeve? I had minor tears in the same elbow a year ago on the outside and got a PRP injection and it helped cure that but it was really really bad and never want to experience that again so thats why I am so much more cautious now.

Also any exercises you recommend, for chest, back shoulders and arms that wouldn't trigger it?

Thanks guys

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    lay off and find another routine that doesn't aggrevate the pain

TB500

you may resume the current routine that aggrevates at a later date, but go slow, with light reps, and test the water first, even if "it doesn't hurt"

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Try a Google for "Voodoo floss". DocD turned me.on to it and it has greatly.helped with my elbow problems. It may not be what you're looking for, but it's worth investigating.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ice is always good when it's inflamed, better than using heat and better than pain meds. NSAID can also be beneficial along with the ice. I have also gotten relief from using a band like the one below.

The biggest thing that helped me though was when doing curls to make sure I kept my palms pointed up and not rotate when I went down to my sides.

Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Try a Google for "Voodoo floss". DocD turned me.on to it and it has greatly.helped with my elbow problems. It may not be what you're looking for, but it's worth investigating.
    Voodoo flossing has been a huge help for me as well. VF plus a dedicated stretching and mobility routine has been a lifesaver for me.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use the same type of forearm band that Lovbyts posted. It totally helps a lot. I also agree 100% with Times Roman about the TB500. I've been struggling with Tennis Elbow (inside of elbow) Tendonitis for about a year. It's been a constant pain and has really impaired my training. I started a TB cycle 6 weeks ago and it's almost completely healed. I've taken things easy on the elbow which has obviously helped as well but I think TB will def. heal your problem.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Thanks fellas. I am on Pharm grade HGH now but from my past experiences that doesn't heal this type of injury.

As of now I am taking off and just doing, legs, core ad cardio. anything with arms i am just going to stay away, my upper body is naturally in better shape then my legs and core anyhow maybe its a good way for a catch up.

iEKOS is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello,

Curious, any update with your elbow?

I've now had my pain in the same way for 4 weeks. I can't take it no more.

Thread Information