NYbeastMode is offline New Member

Elbow hurts. What can I take to help my joints?

I was chipping ice in the driveway and it was 5" thick in some spots and after I was done my elbows have some pain in them. Do you guys take anything to keep your joints healthy? I don't care about the pain though. I'm.still gonna workout tonight and I'm glad I blasted out chin ups before I shoveled and broke up the ice.

I just remembered my friend was taking glucosamine pills back in the day. What brand would you guys reccomend? I have a gnc and vitamin store close by unless ar-r sells that stuff.

Sorry for the noob questions.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    You can buy msm powder at bulk foods.com.

Or go your local place and pay steeper prices.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Well....FIRST OF ALL, You can stop apologizing to anyone on this forum...the Queen died Long ago. There are no stupid questions (well, maybe sometimes).

1. How do you know you don't have Tendonitis ?
    2. How do you know you don't have Tendonosis?
    -----two different things.
    3. Did you say "you don't care about pain???" (ok...now that is stupid).

You could have a slight tear in your elbow tendon from doing all that physical labor. If you try any kinda push work at the gym and your elbows hurt, i would suggest you stop all push movements until it heals. Try some NAID anti's, until the pain goes away. Also, if you have an ultrasound machine (like i do), use that to help speed up your recovery. MSM works better than glucosamine. BUT, it will take a few weeks for your body to respond to it.

Good luck....!

Quote Originally Posted by NYbeastMode View Post
    I was chipping ice in the driveway and it was 5" thick in some spots and after I was done my elbows have some pain in them. Do you guys take anything to keep your joints healthy? I don't care about the pain though. I'm.still gonna workout tonight and I'm glad I blasted out chin ups before I shoveled and broke up the ice.

I just remembered my friend was taking glucosamine pills back in the day. What brand would you guys reccomend? I have a gnc and vitamin store close by unless ar-r sells that stuff.

Sorry for the noob questions.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    You can buy msm powder at bulk foods.com.

Or go your local place and pay steeper prices.
    Been getting mine from bulk foods for a while now. Great quality and it works. 5 grams every day.

Thread Information