• 1 Post By GirlyGymRat
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By RaginCajun

Thread: DMSO - - - Vet. Liniment ?

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

DMSO - - - Vet. Liniment ?

Hey buds,

Working in healing a couple of injuries.

• -Tight Forearms (probably from doing heaving pull-downs and typing too much).
    • -Adductor Hamstring strain / pull . From lunges.

1. DMSO. I tried some in the liquid form years ago, and it worked good. However, they now have it in gel form. Not sure how effective it is.
    Has anyone tried the DMSO in Gel Form?

2. Absorbine Veternary Liniment. I've got a bottle of this stuff and it seems to penitrait pretty well. Not sure of the long term affects. I use it with some crushed up Actimenphed and it helps with injuries. Anyone use this product?

thanks

~T

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i know KelKel uses the gel, you can find it on amazon.

i tried some but not sure if it helped or not.

i may have to try it again and see
    tcw likes this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw
    Hey buds, Working in healing a couple of injuries.[*]-Tight Forearms (probably from doing heaving pull-downs and typing too much).[*]-Adductor Hamstring strain / pull . From lunges. 1. DMSO. I tried some in the liquid form years ago, and it worked good. However, they now have it in gel form. Not sure how effective it is. Has anyone tried the DMSO in Gel Form? 2. Absorbine Veternary Liniment. I've got a bottle of this stuff and it seems to penitrait pretty well. Not sure of the long term affects. I use it with some crushed up Actimenphed and it helps with injuries. Anyone use this product? thanks ~T
    Yes. I used DMSO in gel for Ordered from Amazon for severe tennis elbow. Also did Castor oil packs at night over DMSO the gel.

Worked wonders. Took about 2-3 weeks for relief. No pain now.

Kelkel recommended the DMSO. I haven't tried the other.
    tcw likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I used it also in gel, mixed with Aloe and it seems good and not itch as much as the straight liquid.
    tcw likes this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I used it also in gel, mixed with Aloe and it seems good and not itch as much as the straight liquid.
    the gel definitely itches if you have sensitive skin!
    tcw likes this.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Ok Dudes n Dudettes,

...here's what i have done in the past with decent to good results. Long term affects of this are unknown so use at your own risk.

In the past, I've poured liquid DMSO to my tennis Elbow (tendonitis) and then applied powdered Acetaminophen. The DMSO creates a transporter opportunity allowing the anti-inflammatory Acetaminophen to penetrate the skin and GET directly to the damaged area immediately reducing swelling and inflammation. Not sure WHAT the long term affects of this protocol are---(probably not healthy for you---as WHO KNOWS what the long term affects of using DMSO (which gets right into your blood stream as well as the Acetaminophen).

In some cases, I can remember acting tasting the DMSO in my mouth (EVEN THOUGH it was applied topically)----WEIRD ?

The Absorbine Liniment is used regularly at Horse Track where a buddy of mine works. They use it on Race Horses....

~T

Not so weird, I can almost always taste it but then I'm the same with a lot of chemicals when I get them in my hands I can taste them not long after.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    the gel definitely itches if you have sensitive skin!
    DMSO irritates my skin no matter the solution.

anabolicsqa is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    Hey buds,

Working in healing a couple of injuries.

• -Tight Forearms (probably from doing heaving pull-downs and typing too much).
    • -Adductor Hamstring strain / pull . From lunges.

1. DMSO. I tried some in the liquid form years ago, and it worked good. However, they now have it in gel form. Not sure how effective it is.
    Has anyone tried the DMSO in Gel Form?

2. Absorbine Veternary Liniment. I've got a bottle of this stuff and it seems to penitrait pretty well. Not sure of the long term affects. I use it with some crushed up Actimenphed and it helps with injuries. Anyone use this product?

thanks

~T
    Yeah got about 32 oz of DMSO and applied it liberally.
    But be careful, if you are alergic to sulfa drugs you could end up as I did at my first try of DMSO, passing out all over the place. Half my red blood cells were destroyed by hemolytic anemia.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicsqa
    Yeah got about 32 oz of DMSO and applied it liberally. But be careful, if you are alergic to sulfa drugs you could end up as I did at my first try of DMSO, passing out all over the place. Half my red blood cells were destroyed by hemolytic anemia.
    I only applied a little. I am allergic to sulfa and got a rash. I wouldn't put a lot on even if I wasn't allergic. I also bought a 8 oz and wished had gone smaller.

Yeah a little bit goes a long ways. Ive small gel will last me months and I have a 16oz bottle of liquid ive had for a few years.

Thread Information